UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

You keep listing Dauphinais as decommitting, but the NAHL website and his own Twitter page both list him as a Lowell commit.

http://nahl.com/teams/team-detail.cfm?id=112

https://twitter.com/justindauph
    Heisenburg has him as uncommitted, league pages don't update as often sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post

Heisenburg has him as uncommitted, league pages don't update as often sometimes.
      Considering that he's new to the league, this would be an initial update when he was added to the roster.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Considering that he's new to the league, this would be an initial update when he was added to the roster.
        As already noted, I'm just going by Chris' site. I just checked Neutral Zone and they also show him as uncommitted. In February, Barry's write up on the recruits also didn't include him. In regards to his Twitter page, he hasn't done anything there since June so I'm not sure how applicable that is. Just going off what I have for info.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

You keep listing Dauphinais as decommitting, but the NAHL website and his own Twitter page both list him as a Lowell commit.

http://nahl.com/teams/team-detail.cfm?id=112

https://twitter.com/justindauph
          His NAHL team page does not list him as a UML commit.

http://www.nahl.com/game-center/#/pl...tin-dauphinais

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

His NAHL team page does not list him as a UML commit.

http://www.nahl.com/game-center/#/pl...tin-dauphinais
            To be fair, none of the individual player pages list college commitments.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

To be fair, none of the individual player pages list college commitments.
              Not exactly true. For example, see the player page for an MSU recruit (my rooting interest) who was recently demoted to the NA from the USHL:

http://www.nahl.com/game-center/#/pl...1/dylan-wegner

But I'm not trying to be argumentative and I certainly have no inside intel in UML's case.

Comment

• Adam Cardona is now showing as a Lowell recruit on the latest game sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Not exactly true. For example, see the player page for an MSU recruit (my rooting interest) who was recently demoted to the NA from the USHL:

http://www.nahl.com/game-center/#/pl...1/dylan-wegner

But I'm not trying to be argumentative and I certainly have no inside intel in UML's case.
                  Dauphinais's page now lists him as a Lowell commit.

https://www.minotauroshockey.com/sta...tin-dauphinais

Comment

• Providence picked up 2 more '06 commits in the last few days, bringing them to 5 (BU has 6).

To put this in perspective, Lowell's youngest commit currently is an '04. The rest are all '03. Holy Cross has 4 '05 commits.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• From Barry on Twitter

”UMass Lowell nets commitment from Latvian goaltender Karlis Mezsargs. 6-3, 182-pound netminder playing for Tri-City of the USHL. Will likely arrive in Lowell next fall.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        From Barry on Twitter

”UMass Lowell nets commitment from Latvian goaltender Karlis Mezsargs. 6-3, 182-pound netminder playing for Tri-City of the USHL. Will likely arrive in Lowell next fall.”
                        Karlis Mezsargs Announces Commitment to UMass Lowell - OurSports Central
                        Karlis Mezsargs - Elite Prospects

Comment

• Mezsargs is a 4* recruit as per NeutralZone. That's one of the higher rankings we've ever received as a commitment. He's another '03 (albeit December 12, 03).
                          Last edited by UMLFan; 10-05-2022, 07:32 AM.
                          Monty

Comment

• Central Scouting released their preliminary players to watch list today and Lowell and UNH are the only two Hockey East schools without a player on the list:
                            https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/a...-file/file.pdf

Here's a breakout.
                            School A B C LV Total
                            BC 2 2 2 1 7
                            BU 6 1 7
                            MAI 1 1
                            MAS 1 4 5
                            MER 1 1
                            NE 5 5
                            PRO 1 1
                            UCT 1 2 3
                            VER 1 1 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              Central Scouting released their preliminary players to watch list today and Lowell and UNH are the only two Hockey East schools without a player on the list
                              Not all that surprising for Lowell because ... well, it never is. But with how Bazin recruits, we're never going to get too many on this list. And considering that of our commits, only one even fits the age range for that list (Dolzhenko), it's even less surprising.

Another way to think about it, UMass just picked up their 6 '06 commit, Lowell only has one '04.
                              Monty

Comment

• Recruit stats as of 10/31/22.
                                Recruit DOB Pos. Team NZ GP G A T
                                Ben Brunette 08/01/02 D Penticton (BCHL) 3.50 13 4 6 10
                                Jaiden Moriello 05/04/03 F West Kelowna (BCHL) 3.75 13 7 6 13
                                Jak Vaarwerk 06/13/03 F Des Moines (USHL) 3.75 10 1 3 4
                                Shawn O'Donnell 06/21/03 F Dubuque (USHL) 3.75 8 0 1 1
                                Girts Silkalns 06/30/03 F Des Moines (USHL) - 10 1 3 4
                                Adam Cardona 10/05/03 D Omaha (USHL) 3.75 10 0 2 2
                                Karlis Mezsargs 12/12/03 G Tri -City (USHL) 4.00 8 3.76 0.887%
                                Daniil Dolzhenko 08/31/04 D Youngstown (USHL) 3.75 6 0 1 1
                                Here's the current (10/31/22) recruit totals for HE teams on the Heisenberg site for 2023 and beyond.
                                PC 23
                                UMA 22
                                BU 21
                                NU 21
                                MC 20
                                ME 19
                                UVM 18
                                UNH 16
                                BC 13
                                UConn 12
                                UML 8

Comment