UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Since your post Bob, in Hockey East four schools (UConn, Merrimack, Lowell and Vermont) haven't picked up a commitment. Of the 7 programs that did pick up a recruit, 6 gained at least one '06. Lowell is the only Hockey East program that doesn't have a commitment from anyone born after 2004.
    Well, it's down to UConn and Lowell. Merrimack ('03, '06, '06) and Vermont ('05) picked up commitments. UNH also added an '05 today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1310221579
    Last edited by boblav1; 08-16-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• UConn gets a commitment today leaving Lowell the only HE program not to get a commitment since the beginning of August.

Mark Divver @MarkDivver 1h
      UConn receives commit from '05 F Ethan Gardula (Jr. Eagles/Cushing Academy)

Comment

• The USHL preseason begins this week with the regular season starting on September 22nd.
        Adam Cardona is no longer with Waterloo. He's now listed on the Omaha preseason roster. Other Hawk recruits on USHL preseason rosters, Jak Vaarwerk (Des Moines), Shawn O'Donnell (Dubuque) and Daniil Dolzhenko (Youngstown). Game Center (ushl.com)

The BCHL preseason begins this week with the regular season starting on September 23rd.
        Ben Brunette is with Penticton and Jaiden Moriello is with West Kelowna.

Cole Eiserman is heading to Minnesota.

Comment

• There are teams with more '05 and '06 commitments than we actually have in total commitments.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• I wonder if Norm has decided to recruit less and use the transfer portal more?

Comment

• Less than one month left till the start of the 2022/2023 season, and this is where Lowell is in terms of the roster for this year, and what the roster currently looks like going out the next couple of recruiting cycles (the first look I've put together for 2024/2025.

Obviously, there will be transfers in and out (or Meehan leaves early), and I'm speculating on all current 6 commits coming in for 2023.

The "fun" of this exercise, at least for me, is to look ahead and see where the holes are in regards to how these classes need to be filled out.

I went back and looked at the last two years on something I was curious about. As of today, we have 6 commits for the future. A year ago, at this point, we had 9 (two of whom decommitted after, Dauphinais and Harper). Two years ago (so going into the 2020/2021 season), we had 10 (Kerner and Bayless decommitted after). So we're definitely behind on the trend at least.

22/23 roster

Defense (9):
              Seniors: Marek Korencik, Jon McDonald
              Juniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
              Sophomore: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
              Freshmen: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt

Forwards (17):
              Seniors: Carl Berglund, Ryan Brushett, Brian Chambers, Zach Kaiser, Blake Wells
              Juniors: Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svensson
              Sophomores: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
              Freshmen: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman

Goalies (3):
              Senior: Gustavs Grigais
              Junior: Henry Welsch
              Sophomore: Edvard Nordlund
              Freshman:

This leaves us at 29 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
              Seniors: 8
              Juniors: 6
              Sophomores: 6
              Freshmen: 9

23/24 roster

Defense (10):
              Seniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
              Juniors: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
              Sophomore: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt
              Freshmen: Ben Brunette, Adam Cardona, Daniil Dolzhenko

Forwards (15):
              Seniors: Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svensson
              Juniors: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
              Sophomores: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman
              Freshmen: Jaiden Moriello, Shawn O'Donnell, Jan Vaarwerk

Goalies (2):
              Senior: Henry Welsch
              Junior: Edvard Nordlund
              Sophomore:
              Freshman:

This leaves us at 27 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
              Seniors: 6
              Sophomores: 9
              Freshmen: 6

24/25 roster

Defense (8):
              Seniors: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
              Juniors: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt
              Sophomore: Ben Brunette, Adam Cardona, Daniil Dolzhenko
              Freshmen:

Forwards (12):
              Seniors: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
              Juniors: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman
              Sophomores: Jaiden Moriello, Shawn O'Donnell, Jan Vaarwerk
              Freshmen:

Goalies (1):
              Senior: Edvard Nordlund
              Junior:
              Sophomore:
              Freshman:

This leaves us at 21 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
              Juniors: 9
              Freshmen: 0
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Less than one month left till the start of the 2022/2023 season, and this is where Lowell is in terms of the roster for this year, and what the roster currently looks like going out the next couple of recruiting cycles (the first look I've put together for 2024/2025.

Obviously, there will be transfers in and out (or Meehan leaves early), and I'm speculating on all current 6 commits coming in for 2023.

The "fun" of this exercise, at least for me, is to look ahead and see where the holes are in regards to how these classes need to be filled out.

I went back and looked at the last two years on something I was curious about. As of today, we have 6 commits for the future. A year ago, at this point, we had 9 (two of whom decommitted after, Dauphinais and Harper). Two years ago (so going into the 2020/2021 season), we had 10 (Kerner and Bayless decommitted after). So we're definitely behind on the trend at least.

22/23 roster

Defense (9):
                Seniors: Marek Korencik, Jon McDonald
                Juniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
                Sophomore: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
                Freshmen: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt

Forwards (17):
                Seniors: Carl Berglund, Ryan Brushett, Brian Chambers, Zach Kaiser, Blake Wells
                Juniors: Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svensson
                Sophomores: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
                Freshmen: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman

Goalies (3):
                Senior: Gustavs Grigais
                Junior: Henry Welsch
                Sophomore: Edvard Nordlund
                Freshman:

This leaves us at 29 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
                Seniors: 8
                Freshmen: 9

23/24 roster

Defense (10):
                Seniors: Brandon Engum, Ben Meehan
                Juniors: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
                Sophomore: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt
                Freshmen: Ben Brunette, Adam Cardona, Daniil Dolzhenko

Forwards (15):
                Seniors: Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Jake Stella, Filip Fornaa Svensson
                Juniors: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
                Sophomores: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman
                Freshmen: Jaiden Moriello, Shawn O'Donnell, Jan Vaarwerk

Goalies (2):
                Senior: Henry Welsch
                Junior: Edvard Nordlund
                Sophomore:
                Freshman:

This leaves us at 27 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
                Sophomores: 9
                Freshmen: 6

24/25 roster

Defense (8):
                Seniors: Gabe Blanchard, Isac Jonsson
                Juniors: Mitchell Becker, Mark Cooper, T.J. Schweighardt
                Sophomore: Ben Brunette, Adam Cardona, Daniil Dolzhenko
                Freshmen:

Forwards (12):
                Seniors: Owen Cole, Matt Crasa, Stefan Owens
                Juniors: Dillan Bentley, Jack Collins, Owen Fowler, Nick Rheaume, Roc Truman, Scout Truman
                Sophomores: Jaiden Moriello, Shawn O'Donnell, Jan Vaarwerk
                Freshmen:

Goalies (1):
                Senior: Edvard Nordlund
                Junior:
                Sophomore:
                Freshman:

This leaves us at 21 on the roster, with the class breakdown being:
                Juniors: 9
                Freshmen: 0
                The no goalie approach is a bold strategy. Curious how that will play out.

Comment

There are teams with more '05 and '06 commitments than we actually have in total commitments.
                  Here's the current (9/7/22) recruit totals for HE teams on the Heisenberg site for 2023 and beyond. I also broke the recruits out by birth year.

Team Total 02 03 04 05 06 Total
                  ME 25 3 9 8 3 2 25
                  PC 24 2 7 8 4 3 24
                  UMA 21 3 3 9 4 2 21
                  BU 20 2 5 3 6 4 20
                  NU 20 2 2 8 6 2 20
                  UVM 18 3 9 2 4 - 18
                  MC 17 6 3 3 2 3 17
                  BC 13 - 2 3 6 2 13
                  UConn 13 1 2 5 5 - 13
                  UNH 13 1 3 4 3 2 13
                  UML 6 1 4 1 - - 6

Comment

• Jar Vaarwerk is centering the top line for Des Moines this afternoon. According to the line chart, his RW is a player named Girts Silkalns, who played for Latvia in the World Juniors, and is listed as a Lowell commit (he's an '03).

https://twitter.com/bucshockey/statu...aFIM46dEQEBwcA
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• A new recruit? The Des Moines game sheet is showing '03 forward Girts Silkalns from Latvia as a Lowell recruit

Girts Silkalns - Elite Prospects

Des Moines Buccaneers on Twitter: "Lines for this afternoon vs Tri-City https://t.co/TQcQavPVzS" / Twitter

Comment

• Anyone hear of Girts Silkalns forward from the Des Moines Buccaneers? I just saw the their line up card and he is committed to Lowell. ‘03 from Latvia
                        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                          Anyone hear of Girts Silkalns forward from the Des Moines Buccaneers? I just saw the their line up card and he is committed to Lowell. ‘03 from Latvia
                          Grit and Silkhands? Sounds like a winner
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

Grit and Silkhands? Sounds like a winner
                            If that's not his name now, it will be when he gets to campus

BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Win one, lose one? The Omaha game sheet is showing Adam Cardona as uncommitted.

Friday's Preseason games:
                              - Jar Vaarwerk had a goal in Des Moines 4-2 loss to Tri-City. Girts Silkalns went scoreless.
                              - Shawn O'Donnell did not play in Dubuque's 4-1 win over Green Bay.

- Jaiden Moriello had 2 assists and an empty net goal in West Kelowna's 9-7 win.
                              - Ben Brunette did not play in Penticton's 2-1 OT loss.

Comment

I went back and looked at the last two years on something I was curious about. As of today, we have 6 commits for the future. A year ago, at this point, we had 9 (two of whom decommitted after, Dauphinais and Harper).
                                You keep listing Dauphinais as decommitting, but the NAHL website and his own Twitter page both list him as a Lowell commit.

http://nahl.com/teams/team-detail.cfm?id=112

https://twitter.com/justindauph

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X