No announcement yet.

UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owen Fowler has been traded to Omaha. Owen had 2 points (1-1-2) in 17 games with Des Moines.

Lancers Add Owen Fowler in Deal with Buccaneers for Zakary Karpa

Comment

• Owen Fowler was named 1st star tonight with 2 goals, including the GWG and a ENG, in his first game with Omaha.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1350269189412499457

https://twitter.com/i/status/1350284088737988609

Comment

• First commitment for 2023 (as of now).

Daniil Dolzhenko from Omsk, Russia. August 31, 2004 born defenseman, EliteProspects lists him at 6', 183, but Neutral Zone (which doesn't have him ranked yet) has him at 5'9, 160. I'm assuming the NZ one is outdated, but no idea. He has a 2-5-7 in 6 games this year playing for the Notre Dame Hounds Midget team (U18).

NZ does have this on him from the Rocky Mountain Classic (Dec, 2018):
        Danill is a physical force on the net who protects his zone with ferociousness. His ability to keep the net free of clutter, and consistently win battles along the boards is a testament to his strength and determination. Offensively he doesn’t have much of an effect on the game, trying to keep his plays simple and safe. His stride is long and powerful, but he doesn’t wow you with explosive movement or quickness.

https://twitter.com/AMCNotreDame/sta...42104513499137
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Lowell Sun with a little bit on the new commit.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Maybe someone to keep an eye on. Joel Barton, younger brother of current River Hawk Seth Barton, will be playing for the Trail Smoke Eaters (whenever the BCHL season starts up). The 17 year old is described in this article as "strong defensively with an offensive upside."
            Monty

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
              A source confirms that Jack Bayless is no longer committed to UMass Lowell. The 165-pound forward from Minnetonka, Minn., is playing for New Mexico of the NAHL. Bayless has a 2-6-8 line in 22 games.

Comment

• Heisenberg's site shows the same. Best of luck to the young man.
                Monty

Comment

• Is Clark Kerner still heading to Lowell? He's not listed as a Lowell recruit on Tuesday's line up sheet.

Comment

• The Heisenberg site is showing Clark Kerner is no longer committed. The best of luck to him in the future.

Comment

• Yeah, best of luck to Kerner. Two of the three longest committed recruits now not coming in. Kerner committed to Lowell 4 years ago!
                      Monty

Comment

• The Kerner news must be relatively new. On Feb 4th, USPHL tweeted out about Kerner and noted he was committed to Lowell. Then on the 8th, he was named to the Top Uncommitted Prospects game.
                        Monty

Comment

• With the season having been what it has ... there's really not much on the recruiting side to talk about either.

I don't have the time to do the analysis, but I can't think it's a good thing that we've had four commitments in the last 12 months and two decommits. Not exactly a sustainable model.
                          Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            With the season having been what it has ... there's really not much on the recruiting side to talk about either.

I don't have the time to do the analysis, but I can't think it's a good thing that we've had four commitments in the last 12 months and two decommits. Not exactly a sustainable model.
                            I haven't looked at stats recently, but the recruits I thought were the most promising (O. Fowler & S. Truman) look like they are going to need another year of juniors based on current production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

I haven't looked at stats recently, but the recruits I thought were the most promising (O. Fowler & S. Truman) look like they are going to need another year of juniors based on current production.
                              After a quick start S. Truman has one assist in the last 15 games.

Comment

• NCAA Council votes to extend recruiting dead period through May amid ongoing COVID-19 pandemic

During the dead period, coaches may not have any in-person contact with recruits and/or their parents. In other words, coaches are not allowed to talk to recruits at their college campus, the athlete's school, an athletic camp or even the grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                                X