X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Most of the younger/early commitments under Norm don't pan out anyways. They end up going no higher than NAHL and hardly see the ice.
    It's a tough comparison though. The ones I'm talking about are 16 when they make their commitments and in most cases are in school at 18. That's just not who Bazin recruits.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Most of the younger/early commitments under Norm don't pan out anyways. They end up going no higher than NAHL and hardly see the ice.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Coaches in places it should pick up plus it’s August 1,
    Yeah, that really doesn't apply to Lowell. The past few years, all I have seen is the big schools picking up the young commits starting on this date.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    College Hockey Inc. @collegehockey
    Tomorrow is an important day in college hockey. Beginning each year on August 1, rising 11th graders may verbally commit to NCAA Division I men's hockey programs.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Slow and easy on the recruiting trail that’s us
    No team in any of the 4 big conferences has less commits than Lowell except for Bowling Green.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    Slow and easy on the recruiting trail that’s us

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    He chose UNH.
    Ugh!!!

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    Where some UMass Lowell hockey recruits are playing next season: Lee Parks (Fargo, USHL), Daniil Dolzhenko (Wisconsin, NAHL), James Goffredo (Des Moines, USHL) and Daniel Buchbinder (Penticton, BCHL).

Leave a comment:

• FiveLetterBird
    replied
    He chose UNH.
    Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
    Take it for what it’s worth, heard from someone that knows someone in Lowell recruiting. Lowell trying for Reid Conn at Fargo Force. Anyone know anything about him?
    He chose UNH.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeytown
    replied
    It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but with another NHL Draft in the books, Lowell had no current players or commits picked.
    I get the frustration, and used to be in the same boat. As somebody mentioned, draft picks don’t always pan out. I have since shifted to how many make an NHL development camp, especially for a team like ours where we recruit older players. I believe we have 7 in various camps across the NHL, which is a decent sized number for a program.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cfan View Post

You might want to check those numbers. I think you counted commits that were ranked but not selected in the draft. The totals that were actually drafted were BC 6, BU 5, UMass 4, UNH 3, Maine 1, Merrimack 1, Providence 1, Northeastern 0, UML 0 and Vermont 0.
    You're right. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• cfan
    replied
    It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but with another NHL Draft in the books, Lowell had no current players or commits picked. We're the only Hockey East program that didn't have a single current or future player picked, as the others combined for 43. BC had 7, BU 6, UConn, UNH, and Northeastern 5 each, UMass and Maine 4 each, Merrimack 3, Vermont and PC 2 each.
    You might want to check those numbers. I think you counted commits that were ranked but not selected in the draft. The totals that were actually drafted were BC 6, BU 5, UMass 4, UNH 3, Maine 1, Merrimack 1, Providence 1, Northeastern 0, UML 0 and Vermont 0.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    I know they don’t always pan out, but as a fan I like seeing at least a few kids on the roster that have been drafted. I also like seeing quality OOC opponents visit. I’m disappointed these two things are no longer happening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X