• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveLetterBird View Post

There goes that dream for Merrimack.
    Not all that surprising, but I give them credit for trying.

Leave a comment:

• FiveLetterBird
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    This would be a huge get for Merrimack. Humphreys has a 4.25 NZ rating.

Mike McMahon @MikeMcMahonCHN Oct 17
    Christian Humphreys (NTDP) visited Merrimack yesterday per source. Former Michigan State recruit is projected as a 1st-round pick. I’m told Humphreys also visited Michigan and those two are considered the finalists.
    There goes that dream for Merrimack.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    This would be a huge get for Merrimack. Humphreys has a 4.25 NZ rating.

Mike McMahon @MikeMcMahonCHN Oct 17
    Christian Humphreys (NTDP) visited Merrimack yesterday per source. Former Michigan State recruit is projected as a 1st-round pick. I’m told Humphreys also visited Michigan and those two are considered the finalists.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

What are your thoughts now? I think we are finally seeing things trend in the other direction.
    Originally posted by bottomdweller
    I'd like to see some scoring up front, but I do like that we're seeing some movement
    Yeah, I'm with bottomdweller on this. I love seeing commits, and I love the planning ahead aspect ... but we do need some forwards that can score (Nimec seems to be doing alright in that category so far).

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

What are your thoughts now? I think we are finally seeing things trend in the other direction.
    I'd like to see some scoring up front, but I do like that we're seeing some movement

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    We'll have to see if the recruiting philosophy changes, but I haven't seen anything hinting at that so far.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Another new recruit:

Cullen McCrate '07 - D

Fighting Saints Tweet
    https://www.twitter.com/fightingsaints/s...69918768034280

Elite Prospects
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...cullen-mccrate
    Last edited by Middle Street; 10-04-2023, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Another recruit, '06 defenseman Ryan Kroll who's playing for Omaha (USHL).

Ryan Kroll - Stats & Facts - Elite Prospects

Chicago Mission AAA @ChicagoMission 7h
    Congrats to Mission Alum RYAN KROLL on your commitment to UMass Lowell! Ryan aligns his game with the old school defenseman. He’s a shot blocking, hard-hitting, make you pay a price for standing in front of the net – defensman.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by umlhockey22490 View Post
    Im surprised there hasnt been a top tier goaltender recruit that has been brought in. With the success of our system, and recent run with goalies, still seems odd we havent seen a high caliber recruit come in like a Levi or another hellebuyck
    I don't completely disagree with you. But I think they've been focusing the past few years on bringing in college-experienced goalies in the portal instead of recruiting a potential 4-year player. The last real commit was Welsch, who committed in January of 2020. Prior to that was Logan Neaton. Since Welsch, we haven't had an incoming player recruited for the #1 position till Mezsargs.

Leave a comment:

• umlhockey22490
    replied
    Im surprised there hasnt been a top tier goaltender recruit that has been brought in. With the success of our system, and recent run with goalies, still seems odd we havent seen a high caliber recruit come in like a Levi or another hellebuyck

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    The goalie has been on one roller coaster wish him the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Nemec already has 2 goals in 2 games for Green Bay. Apparently both were deflections in front of net from shots out at the point. I like that.
    https://*****/ryan_sikes10/status/17...451214008?s=20

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Is goaltender Karlis Mezsargs still a Lowell recruit? Based on the Merritt (BCHL) press release it sounds like he's no longer committed.

Centennials sign Latvian Karlis Mezsargs | Merritt Centennials
    Yeah, that seems like he did decommit. Which puts us in a precarious position going into next season 2024/2025) with Pavicich (who would be a Senior) as the netminder with any serious experience.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Is goaltender Karlis Mezsargs still a Lowell recruit? Based on the Merritt (BCHL) press release it sounds like he's no longer committed.

Centennials sign Latvian Karlis Mezsargs | Merritt Centennials

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied
    While BU and BC both picked up younger commits yesterday, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out for Harvard as they just picked up their 10th 2007 born commit yesterday, 2 of whom haven't even turned 16 yet. That's just insane. Hockey East combined has 16 of those.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X