UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
    Where some UMass Lowell hockey recruits are playing next season: Lee Parks (Fargo, USHL), Daniil Dolzhenko (Wisconsin, NAHL), James Goffredo (Des Moines, USHL) and Daniel Buchbinder (Penticton, BCHL).

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      He chose UNH.
      Ugh!!!
      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Slow and easy on the recruiting trail that’s us

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
          Slow and easy on the recruiting trail that’s us
          No team in any of the 4 big conferences has less commits than Lowell except for Bowling Green.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Coaches in places it should pick up plus it’s August 1,

Comment

Coaches in places it should pick up plus it’s August 1,
              College Hockey Inc. @collegehockey
              Tomorrow is an important day in college hockey. Beginning each year on August 1, rising 11th graders may verbally commit to NCAA Division I men's hockey programs.

Comment

Coaches in places it should pick up plus it’s August 1,
                Yeah, that really doesn't apply to Lowell. The past few years, all I have seen is the big schools picking up the young commits starting on this date.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Most of the younger/early commitments under Norm don't pan out anyways. They end up going no higher than NAHL and hardly see the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Most of the younger/early commitments under Norm don't pan out anyways. They end up going no higher than NAHL and hardly see the ice.
                    It's a tough comparison though. The ones I'm talking about are 16 when they make their commitments and in most cases are in school at 18. That's just not who Bazin recruits.
                    Monty

Comment

• So far today in Hockey East recruiting news, BU, NU, Providence, Merrimack and UMass have picked up '07s.
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 08-01-2023, 03:08 PM.
                      Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        So far today in Hockey East recruiting news, BU, NU, Providence, Merrimack and UMass have picked up '07s.
                        add Maine to the list.

Comment

• Norms philosophy is slow and easy. When’s the race I don’t think so.

Comment

Norms philosophy is slow and easy. When’s the race I don’t think so.
                            It will be interesting to see how Maine does this season and going forward. They are loading up on recruits and are bringing in the Nadeau brothers this season. They put up huge numbers in the BCHL last season for Penticton, former teammates of Ben Brunette. The league will be tougher than ever this season. Hopefully the Hawks can keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

It will be interesting to see how Maine does this season and going forward. They are loading up on recruits and are bringing in the Nadeau brothers this season. They put up huge numbers in the BCHL last season for Penticton, former teammates of Ben Brunette. The league will be tougher than ever this season. Hopefully the Hawks can keep up.
                              I thought about this the other day. As always, Hockey East is going to beat the snot out of each other but as a Lowell fan I’m sweating bullets. If UMass bounces back, Maine lives up to the hype and Merrimack duplicates last years successes, could we find ourselves in the bottom 3/4 of the league? It would be unprecedented under Norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A new recruit, Forward Dylan Cook ('03) who played for Austin (NAHL) last season. He has a NZ rating of 3.5

Dylan Cook - Stats & Facts - Elite Prospects

Comment

Working...
                                X