Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Brad Elliott Schlossman @SchlossmanGF
    Today is the first day non-grads can enter the transfer portal. Among those already in this morning:

Miami F Red Savage (DET)
    Northeastern F Sam Colangelo (ANA)
    Mass G Luke Pavicich

The 2023 men's college hockey transfer board - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports
    Whoa!
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• I wonder if Norm will be looking to bring in another goaltender from the portal. There are currently 14 listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post

Whoa!
        Yeah, the UMass one surprised me as well when I saw his name the other day. And when I just looked again today, Henry Graham (another UMass goalie) also has put his name into the portal. Those two combined to play over 70% of the minutes for Amherst this season. So far 6 players have put their names into the portal from Amherst (3 of whom have at least 2 years of eligibility left). Amherst does have '05 and '06 commits, but I'm not sure they'll want to bring in an 18 year old freshman to start the 2023 season.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• A busy day for the portal continues, as NU's Hughes brothers have also joined the portal, along with 4 players from PC as well.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• I noticed Bentley's leading scorer is in the portal, Nicholas Niemo, he led the Falcons in scoring as a freshman (8-14-22).

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Yeah, the UMass one surprised me as well when I saw his name the other day. And when I just looked again today, Henry Graham (another UMass goalie) also has put his name into the portal. Those two combined to play over 70% of the minutes for Amherst this season. So far 6 players have put their names into the portal from Amherst (3 of whom have at least 2 years of eligibility left). Amherst does have '05 and '06 commits, but I'm not sure they'll want to bring in an 18 year old freshman to start the 2023 season.
              100% agree. Shocked!!!
              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• As of this morning's update, NU (8), PC and UMass (6 each) have the most players from HE in the portal.
                Monty

Comment

As of this morning's update, NU (8), PC and UMass (6 each) have the most players from HE in the portal.
                  You have to admit, there is the “why” factor. That’s a high number of kids from each program.

Also, does anyone know or think Meehan is leaving early for LA?

Comment

• Much cleaner link to the transfer portal, with stats, and it's sortable since it's a Google Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
                    2023 Last Updated:,3/20/2023 7:00 PM,Current Season,Career,Current Season Name,Team,Position,YOE,GP,G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,GP,G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,GP,GAA,SV%,SO Ryan Naumovski,Niagara,F,1,40,9,17,26,-2,10,132,23,58,81,-16,18 Brandon Koch,Air Force,D,1,36,6,18,24,-7,36,121,18,59,77,-8,76 Sam Colangelo,Northe...
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

You have to admit, there is the “why” factor. That’s a high number of kids from each program.

Also, does anyone know or think Meehan is leaving early for LA?
                      Honestly, I'd be surprised. Personally, I think he wasn't as good this year as last and he's not exactly a big guy.
                      Monty

Comment

Honestly, I'd be surprised. Personally, I think he wasn't as good this year as last and he's not exactly a big guy.
                        I agree this was a down year for him. However he is the most polished skater on the team and has a gasoline shot. Hope he stays!

Comment

• Nik Armstrong-Kingkade appears to have entered the transfer portal.

Comment

Nik Armstrong-Kingkade appears to have entered the transfer portal.
                            Can't blame him for looking for more ice time. The best of luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Can't blame him for looking for more ice time. The best of luck to him.
                              I thought he looked good this year when he played. But injuries kept him out, and I think Bazin also sat him a bit.
                              Monty

Comment

• Looks like backup Edvard Nordlund is in the portal. Best of luck to him

Comment

Working...
                                X