• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    One last addition to the incoming 2022-23 freshman class:
    https://***********/Scanlon65/status...iqPTa26Aa7dcPQ

@Scanlon65

UMass Lowell wraps up incoming freshman class by adding 6-2, 215-pound defenseman Mitchell Becker. Rogers, Minn., native compiled 10-21-31 line in 60 games with New Mexico of the NAHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...itchell-becker
    He's a teammate of incoming Lowell recruit Dillan Bentley. 3.25* rated by Neutral Zone. NZ had this to say about him after a game against Amarillo in February 2022.
    Becker is a big right-shot defender who likes to play simple and physical. He is strong on the walls, in the corners, and in front of the net, and rarely loses battles. In the offensive zone, he made pinches with purpose and did a good job holding the blue line. He has great vision up top and got his shots through along with some nice passes from the point. He tried to slow the game down at times which got him into some trouble. Grade: B-
    And one from April 2021.
    Big body who likes to play physically. Scares opponents away from the puck with his presence. Skates fast north and south but not as agile. Likes to shoot the puck from the point and can get his heavy shot on net consistently. Grade: B
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Mark Divver @MarkDivver
      Hearing UMass, Merrimack, Minnesota State in the mix for '04 F Tyson Dyck of Cranbrook. Finished 4th in BCHL scoring with 34-41-75 in 54 gms. Ranked 110th among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting

Tyson Dyck is heading to Amherst.
      Last edited by boblav1; 05-31-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
        UMass Lowell wraps up nine-person incoming freshman class with addition of defenseman Mitchell Becker (NAHL). Defenseman Ben Brunette, who had injury-filled season for Waterloo (USHL), will return to junior hockey for one more year.

Comment

• Recruit Ben Brunette is returning to the BCHL next season.
          https://www.pentictonvees.ca/news-ve...n-ben-brunette

Comment

• Brad Elliott Schlossman @SchlossmanGF
            On Monday, a new recruiting period opens for college hockey. Teams can offer and receive commitments from players heading into their junior years of high school. Here are 20 names to know heading into next week: Twenty names to watch when college hockey's recruiting season opens - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

I don't expect any activity from the Hawks on Monday.

Here's the current recruit totals for HE teams on the Heisenberg site for 2023 and beyond.

22 - ME
            20 - UMA
            20 - PC
            17 - UVM
            16 - BU
            16 - NU
            13 - BC
            13 - UConn
            12 - MC
            10 - UNH
            6 - UML

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Brad Elliott Schlossman @SchlossmanGF
              On Monday, a new recruiting period opens for college hockey. Teams can offer and receive commitments from players heading into their junior years of high school. Here are 20 names to know heading into next week: Twenty names to watch when college hockey's recruiting season opens - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

I don't expect any activity from the Hawks on Monday.

Here's the current recruit totals for HE teams on the Heisenberg site for 2023 and beyond.

22 - ME
              20 - UMA
              20 - PC
              17 - UVM
              16 - BU
              16 - NU
              13 - BC
              13 - UConn
              12 - MC
              10 - UNH
              6 - UML
              I think Cole Eiserman is the younger bro of former River hawk Will?
              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post

I think Cole Eiserman is the younger bro of former River hawk Will?
                Yes, that's correct.

Comment

Yes, that's correct.
                  Considering he left the program his sophomore year, his brother probably doesn't hold Lowell in high regard. Anyway, BU's the front runner for him.

And as you said earlier, I expect nothing to come of August 1st for Lowell. That's just not how Bazin recruits.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Considering he left the program his sophomore year, his brother probably doesn't hold Lowell in high regard. Anyway, BU's the front runner for him.

And as you said earlier, I expect nothing to come of August 1st for Lowell. That's just not how Bazin recruits.
                    I do think the program is much more respected now, compared to the Blais McDonald era. However, I am sure Will is not singing our praises. I fully expect a BU, BC or NU commitment.

In regard to your recruiting point, I went to the hockey golf tournament and Bazin spoke about being on the road recruiting high end talent. His point in making that comment was that the people at/support Lowell make working at Lowell special. Bazin mentioned this as many recruits ask why they should attend Lowell. Not saying it’s Eiserman by any means, but thought a lot about the high end talent comment.
                    Last edited by hawkeytown; 07-29-2022, 11:08 AM.
                    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post

I do think the program is much more respected now, compared to the Blais McDonald era. However, I am sure Will is not singing our praises. I fully expect a BU, BC or NU commitment.

In regard to your recruiting point, I went to the hockey golf tournament and Bazin spoke about being on the road recruiting high end talent. His point in making that comment was that the people at/support Lowell make working at Lowell special. Bazin mentioned this as many recruits ask why they should attend Lowell. Not saying it’s Eiserman by any means, but thought a lot about the high end talent comment.
                      I don't disagree with you, but I think we can see by our current commits (and this is nothing against them), but we're not exactly going after the big names that PC, NU and UMass jumped in for once they started showing success. I know we won't compete with the BUs and BCs in the world for recruits, but there's no reason we shouldn't be competing with the other aforementioned programs.
                      Monty

Comment

Where did you hear BU was the front runner for him? Dark horse school I feel would be Minnesota. Spending last couple years out there definitely helps the gophers.

Comment

I don't disagree with you, but I think we can see by our current commits (and this is nothing against them), but we're not exactly going after the big names that PC, NU and UMass jumped in for once they started showing success. I know we won't compete with the BUs and BCs in the world for recruits, but there's no reason we shouldn't be competing with the other aforementioned programs.
                          I 100% agree

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post

Where did you hear BU was the front runner for him? Dark horse school I feel would be Minnesota. Spending last couple years out there definitely helps the gophers.
                            Neautralzone said BU is rumored to be the front runner
                            https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...-watch-part-i/

Comment

• As expected, the 06s are now making their commitments ... BC, BU, Wisconsin and PC all getting one so far today. Even St. Thomas just picked up a very late (December) '05.
                              Monty

Comment

22 - ME
                                20 - UMA
                                20 - PC
                                17 - UVM
                                16 - BU
                                16 - NU
                                13 - BC
                                13 - UConn
                                12 - MC
                                10 - UNH
                                6 - UML
                                Since your post Bob, in Hockey East four schools (UConn, Merrimack, Lowell and Vermont) haven't picked up a commitment. Of the 7 programs that did pick up a recruit, 6 gained at least one '06. Lowell is the only Hockey East program that doesn't have a commitment from anyone born after 2004.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X