UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I just noticed Owen Fowler leads the USHL in penalty minutes (174) with 9 games left in the regular season.
    Game Center (ushl.com)
    Can he learn to stay out of the box when he comes to Lowell... that will be the question. Lowell is at their best when not spending all their energy killing off penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Can he learn to stay out of the box when he comes to Lowell... that will be the question. Lowell is at their best when not spending all their energy killing off penalties.
      I'm guessing a lot of those are fighting majors, and that's not allowed in the NCAAs, so I wouldn't expect to see those types of numbers here.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• I will say look at his previous season where its 32 in 36 or 36 in 32... whatnot. It does look like it's a change in role he's being asked to do... still concerning

Edit: 32 pm in 36 games... I do wonder what kind of role he'd expected to be in here at lowell. Not exactly lighting it up. I guess we'll have to see if he's the lunch pail type or something
        Last edited by Patman; 04-04-2022, 09:27 AM.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• The top scoring Defenseman in the USHL - 5th overall in scoring - is still uncommitted. Just saying...

And for Owen Fowler - if he's the gritty, physical type, maybe he can develop into the old school Bobby Robins role (though he is a smaller).

Comment

The top scoring Defenseman in the USHL - 5th overall in scoring - is still uncommitted. Just saying...
            That player was committed to North Dakota and this is why he is now uncommitted.
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rm/5594458001/

Doesn't sound like a player we would want at UML.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

That player was committed to North Dakota and this is why he is now uncommitted.

I don't like that it torches his future in totality but I want no part of a kid like this. It'll take a lot to change his mentality. He can go to europe if he wants a redemption arc.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Scout Truman with a 4 goal night.

Comment

Eeek. That is some pretty serious and repulsive stuff there. Hopefully he has worked to correct that behavior and understand the differences people have and the struggles people have to deal with. Losing your scholarship and having our draft rights rescinded hopefully are a wake up call.

Comment

• Updated stats as of 4/12/22.
                    Code:

Playoffs
                    Recruit DOB Pos. Team NZ GP G A T GP G A T
                    T.J. Schweighardt 03/15/01 D Youngstown (USHL) 3.75 49 4 11 15 0
                    Dillan Bentley 03/31/01 F New Mexico (NAHL) 3.50 56 29 28 57 0
                    Roc Truman 04/25/01 F Camrose (AJHL) 3.50 49 15 26 41 5 2 2 4 Finished
                    Jack Collins 11/13/01 F Lone Star (NAHL) 3.50 56 14 22 36 0
                    Nick Rheaume 05/02/02 F Prince George (BCHL) 3.75 53 29 30 59 6 2 4 6
                    Owen Fowler 06/04/02 F Sioux City (USHL) 3.75 51 10 24 34 0
                    Ben Brunette 08/01/02 D Waterloo (USHL) 3.50 15 1 2 3 0
                    Scout Truman 10/15/02 F Des Moines (USHL) 4.00 53 24 29 53 0
                    Jaiden Moriello 05/04/03 F Kimball Union (Prep) 3.75 31 32 14 46 2 1 0 1 Finished
                    Jak Vaarwerk 06/13/03 F Jamestown (NAHL) 3.75 54 17 34 51 0
                    Shawn O'Donnell 06/21/03 F Dubuque (USHL) 3.75 54 4 13 17 0
                    Adam Cardona 10/05/03 D Waterloo (USHL) 3.75 39 3 4 7 0
                    Daniil Dolzhenko 08/31/04 D MN Magicians (NAHL) 3.75 23 4 12 16 0

The USHL regular season end on 4/23/22.
                    - Scout Truman is currently tied for 21st in scoring in the USHL.
                    - Adam Cardona returned to the lineup for the first time since 2/5/22 this past weekend. He missed 19 games with an injury.
                    - Ben Brunette is still listed as injured. He's only played in 15 games to date this season. Last season he appeared in 20 games during the Covid shorten season.
                    - Owen Fowler leads the USHL with 196 penalty minutes.
                    The NAHL regular season ends this weekend.
                    - Dillan Bentley is currently 20th in scoring in the NAHL.
                    - Daniil Dolzhenko hasn't played since 3/19/22, he's missed the last 6 games.
                    BCHL
                    - Nick Rheaume finished 13th in scoring in the BCHL during the regular season.
                    - Prince George has advanced to the second round of the BCHL playoffs. Game one against Penticton is Thursday night.
                    The season is over for Roc Truman and Jaiden Moriello.

Comment

• Looking ahead a bit ... we have three D commitments (2 probably coming in this year) and no goalies. I'm assuming that we're focused on those going forward.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        I'm guessing a lot of those are fighting majors, and that's not allowed in the NCAAs, so I wouldn't expect to see those types of numbers here.
                        Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                        Sioux City head coach Luke Strand, who coaches Owen Fowler, said of UMass Lowell recruit: "Hockey East is going to be in for a treat when he gets after people."

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Barry Scanlon @Scanlon65
                          Sioux City head coach Luke Strand, who coaches Owen Fowler, said of UMass Lowell recruit: "Hockey East is going to be in for a treat when he gets after people."
                          Full article in the Lowell Sun about Fowler.
                          Monty

Comment

• Sounds like he might be similar to that pest Maine had a decade ago, Joey Diamond.

Comment

Sounds like he might be similar to that pest Maine had a decade ago, Joey Diamond.
                              That's not a name you ever want to be linked to.

Comment

That's not a name you ever want to be linked to.
                                Remember his last ge getting the game misconduct at lowell... ended up ruining our chances at a championship as he took out i believe vallorani or maybe gambo

Comment

Working...
                                X