No announcement yet.

Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After some digging, Clarkson website shows the game on ESPN+ on their composite schedule page, 3:00PM from Class of 65 Arena.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Thanks, Shabby.
      I don’t have a TV provider (my choice), so NBC Sports was out for me last night (although I watched 10 minutes of teaser of Wisconsin at Notre Dame).
      I do have FloRacing subscription, which gives me FloHockey, so I watched Bowling Green defeat D-3 Adrian last night. BGSU apparently has 300-fan Covid restrictive limit.
      I do have ESPN+ subscription for ECAC Hockey.
      Two take-aways... great to see live college hockey again and piped-in fan sound is silly.

Comment

• Students fall semester ends and they go home at Thanksgiving until spring semester so noone will be around Sunday I'm guessing. Might they let a few hundred people attend the game, hoping but assuming no.

Comment

• Heard yest from a fairly reliable source that Cornell might be playing a few games.

Comment

• RPI pulled the plug yesterday and rumblings are that Union will follow suit today. What's the latest in Hamilton, will the CCT game be held on Sun ?
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Heard yest from a fairly reliable source that Cornell might be playing a few games.
              I would highly doubt that as it would require a break from the Ivy lockdown lock step. That being said, Fat Mike will be the host of Ken Schott's podcast today at 2PM so we can hear it for ourselves...
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Wicked, the ‘gate faithful will find out on Monday via a FAX whether the Clarkson at Colgate game was played on Sunday. “Thank you for your continued commitment to Colgate hockey” will be the release’s last line.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                  Wicked, the ‘gate faithful will find out on Monday via a FAX whether the Clarkson at Colgate game was played on Sunday. “Thank you for your continued commitment to Colgate hockey” will be the release’s last line.
                  Understood Iowa. Seems to be a common theme in the ECAC re: the secrecy and the hockey decision, certainly was the case at RPI... i.e. "....Fans and supporters shall be the last to know.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Understood Iowa. Seems to be a common theme in the ECAC re: the secrecy and the hockey decision, certainly was the case at RPI... i.e. "....Fans and supporters shall be the last to know.'
                    Colgate women play a home and home with Syracuse this weekend so I don't see why the Clarkson game would not go forward.

Comment

RPI pulled the plug yesterday and rumblings are that Union will follow suit today. What's the latest in Hamilton, will the CCT game be held on Sun ?
                      More good news. Here's the Union update

https://unionathletics.com/news/2020...ey-season.aspx

Comment

• Finally, we are getting some answers...

Dear Former Colgate Student-Athletes, Families, and Friends,

On the heels of last week’s encouraging news about the Patriot League Council of Presidents endorsement of a plan for a men’s and women’s basketball league schedule for the 2020–21 season, beginning on Saturday, Jan. 2, the Colgate men’s and women’s hockey programs have announced the start of competition for the 2020–21 campaign with nonconference matchups beginning this Friday, Nov. 20, contingent on meeting testing and other health and safety standards. While the women’s hockey program is slated to compete against in-state rival Syracuse for a home-and-home series, the men’s hockey program faces ECAC foe Clarkson to kick off its season at Class of 1965 Arena.
                        • Friday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. – Women’s Hockey at Syracuse
                        • Saturday, Nov. 21 at 4 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Syracuse
                        • Sunday, Nov. 22 at 4 p.m. – Men’s Hockey vs. Clarkson

Friday’s game marks the first official game of the 2020–21 season for Colgate Athletics after the suspension of competition on March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

At this time, all competition will take place without spectators due to state limitations on venue capacities, but all games will be available to watch online. While the women’s hockey game at Syracuse can be streamed live through Cuse.com, the two Raider home games will be available within the United States on ESPN+ and on ECAC Hockey’s Stretch Internet platform for international viewers. Direct links will be available on the women’s hockey and men’s hockey schedule pages in the days to come.

Both teams will participate in additional non-conference matchups in advance of a start to the ECAC Hockey season in January. The non-conference schedule currently includes four games for both the men’s and women’s teams. In addition to those listed above, the following games are currently on the docket.
                        • Friday, Nov. 27 at 4 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Sacred Heart
                        • Saturday, Nov. 28 at 2 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Sacred Heart
                        • Wednesday, Dec. 23 at 3 p.m. – Men’s Hockey at Clarkson
                        • Friday, Jan. 1 – Men’s Hockey vs. St. Lawrence
                        • Sunday, Jan. 3 – Men’s Hockey at St. Lawrence

Be sure to stay tuned to GoColgateRaiders.com in the coming weeks for any updates to the schedule as well as more information about the league schedules, as they become available. Thank you for your support of Colgate Hockey and all of our programs, allowing us to continue to compete for championships in every field and every arena, even in these challenging times.

Sincerely,
                        Nicki Moore
                        Vice President and Director of Athletics

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          Finally, we are getting some answers...

Dear Former Colgate Student-Athletes, Families, and Friends,

On the heels of last week’s encouraging news about the Patriot League Council of Presidents endorsement of a plan for a men’s and women’s basketball league schedule for the 2020–21 season, beginning on Saturday, Jan. 2, the Colgate men’s and women’s hockey programs have announced the start of competition for the 2020–21 campaign with nonconference matchups beginning this Friday, Nov. 20, contingent on meeting testing and other health and safety standards. While the women’s hockey program is slated to compete against in-state rival Syracuse for a home-and-home series, the men’s hockey program faces ECAC foe Clarkson to kick off its season at Class of 1965 Arena.
                          • Friday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. – Women’s Hockey at Syracuse
                          • Saturday, Nov. 21 at 4 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Syracuse
                          • Sunday, Nov. 22 at 4 p.m. – Men’s Hockey vs. Clarkson

Friday’s game marks the first official game of the 2020–21 season for Colgate Athletics after the suspension of competition on March 12 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

At this time, all competition will take place without spectators due to state limitations on venue capacities, but all games will be available to watch online. While the women’s hockey game at Syracuse can be streamed live through Cuse.com, the two Raider home games will be available within the United States on ESPN+ and on ECAC Hockey’s Stretch Internet platform for international viewers. Direct links will be available on the women’s hockey and men’s hockey schedule pages in the days to come.

Both teams will participate in additional non-conference matchups in advance of a start to the ECAC Hockey season in January. The non-conference schedule currently includes four games for both the men’s and women’s teams. In addition to those listed above, the following games are currently on the docket.
                          • Friday, Nov. 27 at 4 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Sacred Heart
                          • Saturday, Nov. 28 at 2 p.m. – Women’s Hockey vs. Sacred Heart
                          • Wednesday, Dec. 23 at 3 p.m. – Men’s Hockey at Clarkson
                          • Friday, Jan. 1 – Men’s Hockey vs. St. Lawrence
                          • Sunday, Jan. 3 – Men’s Hockey at St. Lawrence

Be sure to stay tuned to GoColgateRaiders.com in the coming weeks for any updates to the schedule as well as more information about the league schedules, as they become available. Thank you for your support of Colgate Hockey and all of our programs, allowing us to continue to compete for championships in every field and every arena, even in these challenging times.

Sincerely,
                          Nicki Moore
                          Vice President and Director of Athletics
                          Glad to hear that 'Gate is forging ahead....I'm happy for the athletes, who have done their part to make it possible.

Comment

• Curious about why we would play SLU up there on 1/1/21 then host them at '65 Arena on 1/3/21? With all the emphasis on minimal travel during these pandemic times, why not have both games at Canton? Since no fans are allowed to attend games, what's the reason? Seems like a waste for SLU to travel all the way down to Hammy for essentially a meaningless game.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Curious about why we would play SLU up there on 1/1/21 then host them at '65 Arena on 1/3/21? With all the emphasis on minimal travel during these pandemic times, why not have both games at Canton? Since no fans are allowed to attend games, what's the reason? Seems like a waste for SLU to travel all the way down to Hammy for essentially a meaningless game.
                              I'll stand corrected, but I believe the idea is to minimize the use of hotels, restaurants, shops ,etc whenever they can, in an effort to limit community exposures. You are certainly right that its a lot of travel for a single game.

Comment

I'll stand corrected, but I believe the idea is to minimize the use of hotels, restaurants, shops ,etc whenever they can, in an effort to limit community exposures. You are certainly right that its a lot of travel for a single game.
                                That is correct. They don't want any overnight stays at hotels etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X