Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a morsel today...
    Dear Alumni, Families, and Friends of Colgate Athletics,

With a fall unlike any other we’ve experienced, our student-athletes and coaches have persisted with training and preparation, choosing to believe that the day will come when their work will be put to the test in competition. Today, we took another step toward making that day become a reality as the Patriot League Council of Presidents endorsed a plan for a Patriot League men’s and women’s basketball schedule for the 2020–21 season, beginning on Saturday, Jan. 2.

The commencement of competition will be contingent on the league and its member institutions being able to do so in ways that protect the health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, staff members, and the community. The Council of Presidents believes this model offers the best opportunity for a successful league season, places the highest value on the safety and wellbeing of its players, and reaffirms the importance of competing within the league for a championship.

Consistent with this prioritization of health and safety, the 2020–21 basketball schedule (Men | Women) format features a significant reduction in travel and overnight stays. No teams will be permitted to fly to games during the regular season. All safety measures will be monitored throughout the season. At this time, all competition will take place without spectators due to state limitations on venue capacities.

This season all Patriot League live streaming moves to ESPN+ as part of a leaguewide agreement. All home Colgate events across sports, along with conference games on the road, will be available on the platform. Additionally, select Patriot League basketball games will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.

The league also announced rescheduling of the 2021 Patriot League Swimming and Diving Championships and continued planning work with respect to the Track and Field Championships. Specific information on the schedules for these two Patriot League sponsored winter sports, as well as the Colgate men’s and women’s hockey schedules, will be announced soon.

Further, the Council of Presidents also called for continued planning for the conduct of fall sports during the spring semester, as well as traditional spring sports.

Again, more specific information about these schedules, the precautions we will take, and ongoing planning will be announced as plans are developed and approved.

So many people have been thoughtfully engaged in the process of making this step a reality, on our campus and around the Patriot League. Members of the Task Force on Reopening and the Emergency Operations Center have been tireless in their review and feedback, and will be a part of ensuring athletic competitions abide by Colgate’s reopening plans, with a central interest in the health and safety of our community.

Thank you for all of the ways you support our Raider student-athletes. With your support and encouragement, we will continue to compete for championships in every field and every arena, even in these challenging times.

Sincerely,

Nicki Moore
    Vice President and Director of Athletics

Comment

• Since I have been (and am) willing to travel for college hockey, I have reached out to both the Big Ten conference and Army West Point, asking if general-admission spectators are being allowed at this weekend's games. Both responded quickly, with Big Ten saying 'just families of student-athletes' and Army West Point saying 'not at the present time.' I appreciate the honest and open communication.

Comment

• Some of the games should be on tv, I hope.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Some of the games should be on tv, I hope.
          The only one I could find was Wisconsin@ Notre Dame Friday Night @7 on NBCSN. Most of the midwest regional networks seem pretty tied up with football

Comment

• Well they announced the Captain (McAvoy) and the As (Cosgrove, Jeanson and McKechney) so it’s starting to sound like we will have some sort of a season. I suspect the ECAC is just waiting to hear if all of the Ivys are out or only some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe McGrath View Post

The only one I could find was Wisconsin@ Notre Dame Friday Night @7 on NBCSN. Most of the midwest regional networks seem pretty tied up with football
              Did you try ESPN+, they cover alot of games.

Comment

• My $150 annual subscription to FloRacing also includes FloHockey, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
                  Well they announced the Captain (McAvoy) and the As (Cosgrove, Jeanson and McKechney) so it’s starting to sound like we will have some sort of a season. I suspect the ECAC is just waiting to hear if all of the Ivys are out or only some.
                  Looks like Colgate and Clarkson will meet a couple times in non conference action.. Clarkson released its non conference portion of the schedule. Starting November 22 against Colgate in Hamilton.

https://clarksonathletics.com/sports...ockey/schedule

Comment

• NHPublic radio is reporting that the New England states plus New Jersey have jointly agreed to bar intrastate hockey competitions til at least year end. Article says it applies to public schools, private schools and youth leagues. May, but probably doesn't apply to college/university level. Even if it doesn't there will be a fair amount of pressure on NCAA level to comply or at least take fairly draconian steps to ensure they don't end up becoming spreaders. I am starting to think an "Empire" league is the way to go. Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, RPI and Union with an OOC or two against RIT might actually be kind of fun for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
                      NHPublic radio is reporting that the New England states plus New Jersey have jointly agreed to bar intrastate hockey competitions til at least year end. Article says it applies to public schools, private schools and youth leagues. May, but probably doesn't apply to college/university level. Even if it doesn't there will be a fair amount of pressure on NCAA level to comply or at least take fairly draconian steps to ensure they don't end up becoming spreaders. I am starting to think an "Empire" league is the way to go. Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, RPI and Union with an OOC or two against RIT might actually be kind of fun for a year.
                      RPI is not allowing athletes from any sport (including hockey) to gather, workout, practice, etc. No access to weight rooms, no skating (I don't think they've even laid ice at the Field House). Starting goalie Owen Savory entered the transfer portal ...that about sums it up. Anything resembling RPI hockey is a loooooooong shot sadly.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Rothstein just reported Ivies are canceling all winter sports. Guess we'll be playing Clarkson a lot...

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...268655617?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post

Did you try ESPN+, they cover alot of games.
                          Nothing listed and I'm really not a fan of streaming or giving those thieves from ESPN anymore of my money. Hockey East is (hopefully) kicking off their season next weekend. So for those who are looking for a college hockey fix here is the (very tentative of course) TV schedule

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ay-details.php
                          Last edited by Joe McGrath; 11-12-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• I would be very happy if next weekend's game is streamed, Clarkson tv is very good.

Comment

• So Cornell is out, RIT apparently opted out earlier and it sounds like RPI is shelved for the season too. Union has cancelled other winter sports but remains on the fence with hockey per their web site while St. L says hockey will happen thought other winter sports are out (they are in the same league as Union). Sounds like, at best a 16-18 game season (double header home and homes with Clarkson, St. L, Union and Q-pac with an OOC or 2 against an Atlantic team maybe?) Obviously no ECAC this year so everything will technically be OOC. Sad but hard to be surprised. Harvard has been telegraphing no hockey since early summer at the latest.

Comment

• College hockey on NBCSN tonight at 7, Wisco vs Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                                X