No announcement yet.

Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given today's announcement from Nicki, I think the color ship has, sadly, sailed. Put me down as a fan of the older darker maroon...

Comment

• Ditto. I liked the deep maroon the best. Why all this change in our colors, insignias, logos? Is change always good....or warrented? I'm for the traditional, old school look. As to the stripes: this seems to be the go-to thing that teams do. I suppose it's to elevate us to a "pro looking" team? Not happy about it. If you junk up the look of our jerseys/uniforms you lose the impact,. I can live with the "early" block "C" but that should be enuf... (except for some sleeve decoration).Just MHO.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Correct me if I’m wrong, but...

I don’t think Colgate’s color palette has changed.

The old one was...

Colgate Maroon:
        PMS 202 C
        PMS 7427 U
        RGB 130 / 16 / 25
        HEX 821019
        CMYK 30 / 95 / 75 / 30

The new one, as listed on this week’s announcement of a new identity (with shield, 13 stripes, etc.) is identical. Also included are the specs for Night Black and Ice White.

So, if the jerseys look more reddish, it truly is the apparel-maker not matching the past color palette. Right?

Comment

• Do you really think any of us know what those numbers and letters equate to, lol ? I can't believe U/A doesn't have the ability to keep the centuries old maroon color intact, Andy Kerr must be very disappointed. Why does everything have to change, I hate it.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• I don't know how long Pantone 202C has been in the Colgate color palette, but it is not the Maroon color Colgate has always used. 202C is more of a Crimson or burgundy shade. Bring back Maroon... Colgate has always been known as "The Maroon".

Comment

• Looks like most leagues are progressing to some type of re-opening, with the exception of the ECAC...my fear is that the esteemed Ivy League will dictate to the six other members of the league and we will dutifully follow...frankly, I'd like to see the ECAC say to the Ivies: "We're playing hockey this year and, if necessary, will proceed with six teams playing each other four times (i.e., 20 league games). If you want your kids to play, great. If not, we're moving on..."

Comment

• That would be totally acceptable to me ! Start the games. Hard to believe but fall semester's over in about a month, kids go home already.

Comment

• Patriot League announced no out of conference games for basketball and Colgate has informed hockey players that while they are not in the Patriot League, they generally follow those decisions. But they are going to talk to the ECAC. However, since ECAC is just a one sport league, the multisport conference Patriot League carries more weight. So unlikely that there are any OOC games before league play.

Edit: Later word that the AD told coaches to schedule OOC games. Not a guarantee they will happen. If so, players have to stay over both holiday breaks. Not fun for them since there is nothing to do in Hammy while on lockdown.
                  Last edited by Rightnut; 10-27-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Off topic, non conference foes for football, 2022 season, at Stanford ! Also at Army, at Maine, Furman home. Holy moly, better start recruiting. At Colorado Buffaloes in 2027.

Comment

• Are you sure that's Stanford and not Samford, shabby?
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Absolutely.

Comment

• Saturday Sept 3, 2022 time TBA If you don't believe me google "Stanford football future schedules". Also at Army and Furman at home ! Yikes !
                          Last edited by sshablak; 10-29-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/stanford

Comment

• Pretty sad, in my book, that hockey news hasn’t been forthcoming so we’ve switched over to football on here.

Comment

• I agree, but currently we don't know "when", or even "if" ?

Comment

Working...
                                X