X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not since Riley left.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Alex Young picked up by San Jose in the 7th round yesterday. Gylander was picked by Detroit in the 7th last year so we will have 2 drafted players on this year's squad. Things worked out pretty well for us the last time our goalie was in the Detroit system...

Comment

• Not after he left early. The next year was abysmal.

Comment

• Abysmal? We were 16-12-4 over the season, 15-10-4 in the regular season with three overtime losses and a 5-1 OOC record (including wins over BU, Northeastern, Colorado College and Cornell). So-so in the ECAC that year and certainly a let down after the high of 89-90 but....

Comment

• Wait a moment, after the 89-90 season gagnon left for Detroit. We weren't even close to a ,500 season, what are you thinking ?

Comment

• Gate 93 is spot on with his stats...interesting, isn't it...shows the difference in the program's "expectation level"...would like to hear, if possible, any more news on contract extension for DV...leaving aside any opinions on the merits it would be nice for Silver Puck Council members to receive such news if it is true...after 42 years as a member and a pretty generous year-in and year-out donor SOME communication other than the perfunctory releases by our SID isn't asking too much, is it?

Comment

• GreenCoat, I honestly can’t believe the lack of communication from Colgate Men’s Ice Hockey. Since I travel to other schools for games and buy tickets in advance on-line, I am on their e-mail lists. Weekly, I get communication from Miami (Ohio). Probably twice a month, I receive e-mails from Providence, Massachusetts and Princeton. I also receive regular communication from another half-dozen Men’s D-1 college hockey programs. It’s not rocket-science. It’s free. It’s a fundraising tool, but that’s okay. Every D-1 program should be doing it, I think. There has to be a communications student who would take it as a semester project. Just keep your loyal followers (Silver Puck Club, season ticket-holders, etc.) up-to-date with current information from the program. But know that they don’t all use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Just use e-mail. Sheesh!

Comment

• IBT...I hear you, believe me I hear you...even St. Lawrence, and they've been a living hell with their program over the past several years, provides a decent amount of information to both their "boosters" and even the general public...sorry to say this, but the leadership of the SPC gives the impression that either they don't care to expand their donor base or simply are too lazy to pursue better outreach...I could go on and on regarding this topic, both anecdotally from others and from personal frustration and anger. And this is from a program that has been the beneficiary of a state-of-the-art facility while winning c. 45% of its games over the past FOURTEEN years...

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Not after he left early. The next year was abysmal.
                    I was referring to the 90-91 season, Gagnon was Detroit also, my bad.

Comment

• Apparently my rant isn’t over...
                      today, I received an e-mail from Providence Athletics letting me know that I can...

“Get a Providence College cutout today to guarantee that your face will be in the stands at every Friars Hockey game!

Order by November 5 to ensure your cutout is in the stands for the home opener!

Submit a photo by replying all to the confirmation email you will receive upon checkout.”

For a general men’s hockey fan, such as myself, it is $50 (and I get the cut-out at the end of the season). For $150, it will be autographed by coach Nate Leaman before I pick it up at the end of the season.

Gosh, do you think this might be a fun-raiser (and a fundraiser)?? Do you think Colgate could do something similar?? I know I would buy an autographed ‘gate one... just for fun!

Comment

• Shabby - My stats were for the 90-91 season. We weren't as bad as you remember!

IBT & Greencoat - Have either of you sent an e-mail to the AD's office? I am too far away to get back for games but it does seem like more outreach to local fans is warranted. There isn't any way to count on students filling the new building so locals and near-locals are imperative. Having a sparkling new building isn't much of a recruiting tool if it is a morgue.

Stay safe everyone

Comment

• TheCoat send a long e-mail to Nicki Moore 18 months ago and received no reply...it covered a wide range of topics regarding MIH...I thought the subject matter was presented in a respectful but (brutaly) honest manner...there's no reason I shouldn't send another one...I'm now 70 and running out of time and prone to grumpiness (big surprise)...as stated before I like our incoming class but - and this assumes we eventually get back to normal - playing in front of 500 people is not acceptable...

Comment

• I have a question that I don't think has been addressed here. Why have we changed our color from maroon to that reddish maroon color ? I don't like it, you can't tell me that Under Armour can't match the old color, since I guess they supply us now ?

Comment

• Shabby, I totally agree...

Comment

• Agree, get the Maroon back. That's our color

Comment

Working...
                                X