Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    The earliest the AHL can open is December four, not sure where you heard it opens today ?
    My bad. Senioritis. Yes, December 4th looks like the start date, according to WKTV this morning. Thanks for the correction.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• For those who aren’t aware, Colgate has released a detailed (and ambitious) return to campus plan. All students will soon receive a Covid home test kit, which must be returned to the school (with a negative result of course) before the student can move-in. Freshmen only will move-in on August 23rd, with the other students moving in the next two days. Every student will be tested within 2 days of arrival and, no matter where they are living, must quarantine for 14 days; apparently they will be able to get out for limited supervised recreation, but otherwise they are . There will be another test at the end of the quarantine period, and randomly thereafter. For those in the dorms, 3 meals a day will be delivered to each student.

Classes will be all online during the quarantine period, with a mix of in person and online thereafter. Everyone will need to masked at all times where distancing is not possible. Dining facilities will be open, with expanded hours and capacity controls in place. All students will need to return home prior to Thanksgiving, and those in dorms have to move out completely so the school can do a deep cleaning. The last week of classes and finals will be online.

My son (a freshman) is receiving his room assignment tomorrow; he’ll likely be in a double, so hopefully his roommate has been as careful as my son has. I don’t know if I would be willing to attend under the draconian requirements, but he wants to give it a go—he says he’s prepared for a “character building” experience.

So many schools (especially the mega universities) that are having in-person instruction are not requiring tests, and I think under the current environment they are doomed to fail. Colgate’s plan seems about the best I’ve seen, and may have a chance to work.

Comment

• Thanks scoops, very interesting.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• From what Scoop says it appears Colgate has covered all the bases....if all the bases can be covered during this crazy time. A couple of colleges near me are having all in-person teaching, and I have not heard of the measures being taken that Colgate has outlined. The two week waiting period (quarantine) is a good idea, as is the serving of meals at each student's room. I agree with Scoop that I would not want this scenario for me, but these are different times, have to adapt.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Today President Casey posted a video that he will be staying in a room in West Hall for the duration of the quarantine and will follow the same rules and protocols as all the students. Our family is new to the Colgate scene, but I have to say he impresses the heck out of me.

Comment

• At least Clarkson University is communicating with their season ticket holders...
              Season Ticket Holders,

As another summer has come and gone it typically only means one thing... Clarkson University Golden Knights hockey will soon be upon us. What we have learned through Covid-19 is that what has been normal in the past isn't the normal we are living in now. Clarkson University is dedicated to the health and safety of our staff, students and our fans and because of that we have made the difficult decision to not offer season tickets for the upcoming season.

As of today, we will not have any fans attend sporting events through December 31, 2020. A decision to allow fans to be in attendance after December 31, 2020 will be made at a later date and in accordance with university, local, state and federal regulations. Clarkson University, and specifically Clarkson University Golden Knights Hockey thank you for being a season ticket holder in the past and we hope you will continue being a season ticket in the future when it is healthy and safe to do so.

Any current season tickets holder will have their seats held for the 2021-2022 season. Anyone who has signed up to be on the waiting list will keep their current spot on the waiting list for the 2021-2022. Additionally, anyone who has won a certificate for season tickets for the 2020-2021 regular season will be able to use that certificate for the 2021-2022 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
                Today President Casey posted a video that he will be staying in a room in West Hall for the duration of the quarantine and will follow the same rules and protocols as all the students. Our family is new to the Colgate scene, but I have to say he impresses the heck out of me.
                Welcome to beautiful Colgate! He is phenomenal. I'm sure I speak for all of us when we send best wishes to your son or daughter at Colgate. My nephew just began his sophomore year. On the day he arrived this week, several freshmen broke COVID rules by having a party in a dorm room and were sent HOME. Their parents had dropped them off LESS THAN 48 HOURS EARLIER. How selfish and ignorant...not to mention embarrassing.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• I'm very impressed with President Casey !

Comment

• Great segment this morning on the CBS Morning News about Colgate and how it’s reopened for the semester https://www.cbsnews.com/video/two-we...s-precautions/

My son, who’s finishing his first week on campus, seems happy with how things are going so far. We’re optimistic Colgate’s plan will succeed.

Comment

• It was great, and about 6-7 minutes long.

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post

Welcome to beautiful Colgate! He is phenomenal. I'm sure I speak for all of us when we send best wishes to your son or daughter at Colgate. My nephew just began his sophomore year. On the day he arrived this week, several freshmen broke COVID rules by having a party in a dorm room and were sent HOME. Their parents had dropped them off LESS THAN 48 HOURS EARLIER. How selfish and ignorant...not to mention embarrassing.
                        Thank you. My son is finishing his first week and so far seems to be very happy, notwithstanding the restrictions. 9 more days of quarantine, and assuming the numbers look good, Colgate will move from “Gate 0” to “Gate 1” of its reopening plan, which will allow students to move around more freely, use the dining facilities, attend in-person classes (for those who have them), and go into the village in small groups.

My son said regarding the students who were sent home, he’d heard at least some of them were over in West Hall, right near where Casey is staying during the quarantine. If no, that’s a major failure on those kids’ part.

Comment

• I had a Celebration of Life to attend in Deansboro, N.Y., today, so on my way home I just had to drive through Hamilton and see the Class of ‘65 Arena. Wow. Hamilton (with the Colgate campus) is a gorgeous ghost town. I look forward to them moving forward... and receiving any kind of communication from the athletic department.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 08-30-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Bad news, as of Thursday 29 students and 4 staff tested positive for covid, none had symptoms.

Comment

• Hmmmm....that report was from channel 10 news in Syracuse. Casey says only eight in his twitter update.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Hmmmm....that report was from channel 10 news in Syracuse. Casey says only eight in his twitter update.
                                It was 29 from the first round of testing when the students arrived a week ago. They ran tests again this week and have had only 8 after 1700 tests out of 2700 students. Even the 29 from the first week was good news. 1 percent. Things are tracking on course.

Comment

Working...
                                X