X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there it is !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• And there it went! Looks like a bleak fall for 'Gate fans. No football, no sports of any kind... What is the skinny on starting up the hockey schedule in January 2021? Anyone know? Will it be like the NHL, with all teams in the ECAC tourney right off the bat? Or perhaps no hockey at all?

On another topic: it has taken me til now to figure out this new USCHO Fan Forum, and how to post something. You would think they could give us some simple directions. Even a college education was not enough for this challenge. Well, it's nice to be back. Hope everyone is safe.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• I am not hearing anything Colgate nor ECAC Hockey specific, but I am just hearing in general that we are looking at a January 1 start for college hockey (best case scenario). It would likely be conference play only, leaving ASU and LIU on the outside looking in (as far as I can figure).
        I am doing well in Owego, N.Y., spending my time with on-line motorsports research during the day and pay-per-view short-track auto racing at night. It’s a simple life.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          I am not hearing anything Colgate nor ECAC Hockey specific, but I am just hearing in general that we are looking at a January 1 start for college hockey (best case scenario). It would likely be conference play only, leaving ASU and LIU on the outside looking in (as far as I can figure).
          I am doing well in Owego, N.Y., spending my time with on-line motorsports research during the day and pay-per-view short-track auto racing at night. It’s a simple life.
          Iowa - You must be lost without the running of the Indy 500 and some of the other races. I'm not a huge motorsports fan, but have to admit I'm even watching NASCAR since there are no other sports on TV, except golf (which I do follow)

Comment

• Keep your fingers crossed for Stanley Cup Playoffs Aug 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Keep your fingers crossed for Stanley Cup Playoffs Aug 1.
              My fingers are crossed. So far it looks like a go.

Comment

• Channel 2 in Utica shows the village of Cooperstown periodically between stories. I notice it looks like business has picked up since The Hall of Fame opened.

Comment

• Yes, there are a few tourists about. But nothing like a normal summer season. Take-out is all the rage since restaurants have been slow to admit bodies. Without the Coop Dreams Park, with hoards of 12-year old campers, it's a delight to drive the streets and find a parking space with no trouble. Truly a summer the locals love and will never forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    Yes, there are a few tourists about. But nothing like a normal summer season. Take-out is all the rage since restaurants have been slow to admit bodies. Without the Coop Dreams Park, with hoards of 12-year old campers, it's a delight to drive the streets and find a parking space with no trouble. Truly a summer the locals love and will never forget.
                    Except the ones who earn their livings from it
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• NHL exhibition games on tv starting today at 4:00, looking forward to it, NBCSN. Zero covid infections, eight hundred some tested.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything from Colgate regarding the season (or season tickets) lately? I thought I was to hear something (anything) in July, but now that I look at my May email from former employee David Riggs, it read ‘early July.’ I know things are in a state of flux, but transparency and communication are both free and appreciated. Thanks.

“You should expect to receive your season ticket renewal information in early July. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 315-228-4062 or via email at colgatetix@colgate.edu.”

Comment

• Maybe not knowing the number of home games, if any, they don't know how much to charge ? My guess. Hope you're having an ok summer, Iowa.

Comment

• Shabby, I totally get the fact that a firm plan is likely not yet in place. And I think I am a pretty patient person and a low-maintenance season ticket-holder (send me a notice, I send you $550, and no need to talk to me again ‘til next year). But, these are unique times. Just send me an email saying ‘we’re still working on things and we will get back to you in six weeks.’ They’ve already missed their ‘early July’ deadline. If you want my money in September or December, you should be communicating with me now.

As for me, I am doing well in near-total self-isolation. As I tell friends... I already have one infectious disease; I don’t need another. I spend my time doing on-line motorsports research during the day and PPV racing at night. Per the Governor, race tracks can’t have spectators before August 21, though obviously that may get extended. Recently, I have allowed myself outside dining at the Village Marina in Watkins Glen. Great haddock fish fry in scenic relaxing environment. I hope and trust that you and the others on here are doing well, too.

Comment

• For Central New Yorkers needing some good hockey news: I believe I heard today that the Utica Comets (AHL) season will begin on August 1st. Correct me if I'm wrong Shabby.

Comment

• The earliest the AHL can open is December four, not sure where you heard it opens today ?

Comment

Working...
                                X