No announcement yet.

Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just tried emailing David Riggs at the Colgate ticket office and received an automated reply stating that ‘I am no longer employed by Colgate University’ and directing me to email Brigid St. Leger, interim assistant athletic director for marketing and fan engagement. I feel bad as I always enjoyed working with David Riggs.

Comment

• Liberty League released details yesterday on upcoming football plans. Looks like athletes won't return until all students do, shortened football schedule starting in late September. it wouldn't shock me if this is how ECAC hockey season unfolds...(shortened season starting in January) if we are fortunate enough to have hockey at all.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...l-short-season
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Liberty League released details yesterday on upcoming football plans. Looks like athletes won't return until all students do, shortened football schedule starting in late September. it wouldn't shock me if this is how ECAC hockey season unfolds...(shortened season starting in January) if we are fortunate enough to have hockey at all.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...l-short-season
        That is the Patriot league, not the Liberty League

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          I just tried emailing David Riggs at the Colgate ticket office and received an automated reply stating that ‘I am no longer employed by Colgate University’ and directing me to email Brigid St. Leger, interim assistant athletic director for marketing and fan engagement. I feel bad as I always enjoyed working with David Riggs.
          Agree, Iowa... apparently there is a round of administrative layoffs going on and David was one of the casualties. Very nice guy, I'll miss him & hope he lands on his feet.

Comment

• How's Seven Oaks this summer ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• The Oaks is in great shape. Clubhouse just reopened so Doug has to go back to work. Come down & visit!

Comment

• This is probably not a good sign.

BREAKING: RPI cancels all fall sports due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The hockey season, which starts in October, is still up in the air.
                @SPECNewsAlbany

Comment

• From RPI..

Athletics and Intramural Sports: For NCAA programs, Institute teams will not participate in intercollegiate athletics during the Fall 2020 season. The decision to participate in intercollegiate athletic competitions during the Winter 2020 and Spring 2021 seasons will be made at an appropriate time, and will be informed by an evaluation of the state of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Institute will continue to confer with the NCAA, the ECAC, and the Liberty League regarding subsequent decisions. Our recreation and intramural programs will be in complete alignment with federal, state, county, and institutional health and safety policies and protocols for testing, tracing, tracking, treatment, and quarantine or isolation as necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    From RPI..

Athletics and Intramural Sports: For NCAA programs, Institute teams will not participate in intercollegiate athletics during the Fall 2020 season. The decision to participate in intercollegiate athletic competitions during the Winter 2020 and Spring 2021 seasons will be made at an appropriate time, and will be informed by an evaluation of the state of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Institute will continue to confer with the NCAA, the ECAC, and the Liberty League regarding subsequent decisions. Our recreation and intramural programs will be in complete alignment with federal, state, county, and institutional health and safety policies and protocols for testing, tracing, tracking, treatment, and quarantine or isolation as necessary.
                    Yes RPI released their fall semester plan early this week. It included news that only Freshman, Seniors and grad students would be on campus for the fall semester. There is word from some that this does not apply for winter sport athletes...but the decision regarding winter sports schedules will happen later in the fall. IF there is any hockey this year, some say it almost certainly be a pared down ECAC schedule starting in the new year.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• WE lost a home football game against Cornell as the Ivy league fall schedule is cancelled !

Comment

• This is beginning to feel like the second week of March all over again...

Comment

• I'll be surprised if we play anything more than the football league schedule, Shabby. Western Michigan already replaced us as the opening game, I doubt 'Cuse will want to pay us a guarantee if they can't have fans in the Dome & PL guidelines on air travel & overnight stays makes the UNH & W&M games unlikely. More on topic here, the Ivies not starting any sports until January obviously has big ECAC implications... only magnified for us if the PL follows the Ivy lead. 2nd week of March indeed...

Comment

• I will be very happy if we don't play Syracuse, keeping the series tied. As far as the Ivies, fall sports are postponed, hockey is a winter sport. They start towards the end of October, three weeks later than us, with league games usually starting in November. I have decreasing hope that hockey will be played, maybe a little later but not in January. Every am I go to GoColgateRaiders.com and hope there's no bad news.

Comment

• This am says Ivies will likely not play a game until Jan 1. Three weeks to NHL games though.

Comment

• Dear Alumni, Friends and Supporters of Colgate Athletics,
                                It is with a heavy heart that I reach out to make sure you are aware that earlier today, the Patriot League Presidents released new guidance regarding varsity athletics amidst the coronavirus pandemic. You may find the full release here, but the main points are as follows:
                                • Patriot League teams will not engage in competition in the fall season (championship and non-championship);
                                • Decisions surrounding winter and spring sport competition will be made at a later date; and,
                                • The opportunity for conditioning, strength training and other practice opportunities in all sports will be permitted provided health and safety conditions support such activities.
                                • Due to the unique environments and missions within higher education, Army and Navy may continue to engage in limited competitive opportunities, likely with other service academies, as considered appropriate by their respective Superintendents.
                                • The League is committed to exploring creative approaches and alternatives to providing future competitive experiences to our fall sport student-athletes, including the possibility of conducting fall sport competition and championships in the second semester.
                                I met with our coaches and student-athletes this morning, and while the national developments over the last few weeks make this announcement less than surprising, it remains deeply disappointing to all of us.
                                Now, we will turn our attention to safely welcoming all our students back to campus next month. Life on campus this semester is going to require new expectations and new behaviors from all of us, but we believe with everyone working together, we can achieve and maintain a safe return. Our goal this fall will be to conduct safe training and athletic development among all our teams, and to engage fully in making the most of these difficult circumstances for the entire Colgate community. I believe our student-athletes, coaches and staff can be leaders in new, really important ways this fall semester. Not only is it the right thing to do - it gives us the best chance to return to competition in the spring semester, should health and safety developments allow.
                                I hope you and your families are safe and well. Though we won’t have the opportunity to gather in traditional ways and cheer on our Raider teams this fall, we will find creative and meaningful opportunities to connect. Thank you so much for your support, and go, ’gate.

Sincerely,

Nicki Moore
                                Vice President and Director of Athletics

Comment

Working...
                                X