Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

simply an awful first period, tangibly worse than last night...we are not good enough to get away with first period blues game after game...after last night's win you'd think we'd come out with some spark...teams with a strong forecheck seem to have our number early on, but we have adjusted at times this year...RPI is an improving program and we don't have the luxury of taking a period "off". Disappointing...

Comment

RPI 11, Colgate 7, SOG after one.
      RPI 14, Colgate 7, face offs won after one.
      RPI 2, Colgate 0, score after one.

Not a shining period for Colgate nor Andrew Farrier.
      I know that we don’t give up and that we can come back from a 2-0 deficit, but I hope we aren’t banking on that strategy every game.

Comment

Colgate 25, RPI 19, SOG after two.
        RPI 24, Colgate 18, face offs won after two.
        RPI 3, Colgate 0, score after two.

We aren’t showing any real strength tonight in any position.

Comment

Almost as bad a period as the first! Colgate is not playing their game, or is RPI taking them off their game? Colgate needs to get WAY more aggressive!!! Hard to watch. I am also watching the Union/Cornell game which Union is winning at the end of two - 2-1. Let's go get 'em, 'Gate!

Comment

CU13... in my opinion, we just aren’t playing.
            No idea why, but we just aren’t.
            RPI has definitely improved under Coach Dave Smith, but not this much. We are self-imploding.

Comment

Colgate 37, RPI 27, SOG final.
              RPI 36, Colgate 30, face offs won final.
              RPI 3, Colgate 0, score final.

4 seconds left and Cockrell took a face-making major penalty.
              These were points we left on the table on the road to Lake Placid.

Comment

I am so disappointed. It's one thing if the team loses but plays well...….and then there is tonight. Undisciplined play. Hope the team is all healthy and not suffering with the flu/sickness. Otherwise, no justification for this poor showing.

Comment

CU13... sadly, it reminded me of last year... no offense, no defense, and three freshmen in goal.
                  We just need to put it behind us quickly.
                  Unfortunately, we are off next weekend.
                  On second thought, maybe that is a good thing.
                  Special teams need more instruction.
                  And we plain just need less penalties by our on-ice leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    CU13... sadly, it reminded me of last year... no offense, no defense, and three freshmen in goal.
                    We just need to put it behind us quickly.
                    Unfortunately, we are off next weekend.
                    On second thought, maybe that is a good thing.
                    Special teams need more instruction.
                    And we plain just need less penalties by our on-ice leaders.
                    From an RPI fan's perspective, Colgate played a lousy first period but then outskated RPI convincingly the rest of the way. There were indeed some dumb Colgate penalties that let RPI off the hook in the last two periods, but even there the story was about Owen Savory's goaltending combined with Colgate's season-long scoring difficulties. Colgate is a bottom-10 team in terms of goals per game (RPI not much better). Until both teams recruit better offensive players, there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. The silver lining is that the home playoff spots are up for grabs in the ECAC this year. Not a huge gap in talent between teams outside of the top 3 or 4.

BTW, I think Colgate has some of the best road uniforms out there, but is it me or did the switch to Under Armour turn Colgate's maroon into Harvard's crimson?

Comment

The color has changed, I think it's awful, a travesty ! Switch back please !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Watched the game through RPI TV last night. Their goalie made at least 3 point-blank saves. We were frustrated all night long. At least we got 2 points on the road trip.

But what I DON'T like is that we have no games AGAIN next weekend. Who designed this schedule where we play every OTHER weekend?
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          The color has changed, I think it's awful, a travesty ! Switch back please !
                          Amen brother...

All praise to RPITV. Why is it that RPI puts on the best telecast every year? Can't any other team follow suit and do what the Engineers do....even us? Once again I'm having trouble with the so-called "ESPN+" streaming. Takes me a month of Sundays to sign in and then another Sunday to actually get the game. I missed most of the second period (....I was out having pizza and missed the first) b/c dam ESPN+ reacts like molasses. Anyone else have this trouble? I really wonder why I signed up for a subscription this season when I miss most of the games :-( Sheesh...
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

No games again this weekend??.....ya gotta be kidding me..
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I think it's 45 goals in 22 games and over the past 3 2/3 years we're averaging less than 2 goals/game...IF we were just 11-82 on the PP (a below average 13.4 per cent) one could reasonably say we'd be 10-8-4, instead of 8-10-4...that would be 56 goals in 22 games, at that 2.5 goals/game level where many teams can have success. Perhaps the one-week hiatus will help regarding the flu (which was an issue this weekend) but don't know of Nick Austin's status as well. Right now we are where we always are in the Pairwise, mainly attributable to our (normal) lousy o-o-c record of 2-7-3...fourth place may be difficult, but at least 5th and 6th are very doable...then again, home ice has not been an advantage for us in quite a while...on my knees, praying...

Comment

Home record 2-4-2 Away record 5-5-2 Neutral Ice 1-1 We have seven home and five away until playoffs.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X