Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Holy Cow!!!! This team is for real!!!! What a huge road weekend for them, heading into break. Farrier is SO solid in net! Any line can make a difference. This team is going to be fun to watch going forward. I couldn't be happier for the coaching staff and certainly for the team. Great games! Thanks for providing this fan with something to cheer about. AND, big congratulations to Dartmouth for giving Cornell their first loss! GO 'GATE!!!!

Comment

I don’t know what to say.
      I elected to stay in Hanover and watched an incredible college hockey game, with Dartmouth taking down previously undefeated PWR #1 Cornell, 2-1 (and with my friend Cam Strong assisting on the winning goal). Seeing the Big Red team, fans and band slink out of an arena always warms my heart.
      But, all night I was on the College Hockey News app, keeping track of Colgate competing with Harvard. 2-2, then 3-2, then 3-3. Oh, my!
      But then the CHN app reverts to 0-0 for Colgate-Harvard. WTH? Finally, in the Dartmouth club room, word gets out... Colgate defeated Harvard, 4-3, in OT.
      Holy cow!! While I am surprised, I am not shocked. Something has changed. The pieces were there, but they’ve truly fallen into place. Not only can we compete with the best, but now we know that we can beat ‘em. You can’t buy that kind of self-confidence, that kind of winning attitude, that kind of momentum. Congratulations to the entire team and the entire program... and GO ‘GATE!!
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-07-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Greeny must be speechless, confused, at a loss for crit I mean words.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

4-1-1 in the last 6, 3-0-1 in last four league games. .500 going into the break. 20 goals in last 8 games! Who saw this coming

Comment

We should be in the running for CHNs Team of the Week.

Comment

Don't look now but we're only three points out first and one point out of second ! Great place to be over the Xmas holidays into January ! Savor it while it lasts, feels good again !

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                4-1-1 in the last 6, 3-0-1 in last four league games. .500 going into the break. 20 goals in last 8 games! Who saw this coming
                20 Goals in last six games, fifteen goals in last four, nine in last two games.

Comment

Great to take down Dartmouth and Harvard in their own barns. I love it. Let's keep it rolling....
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

what a great weekend...I echo the comments above after witnessing in person the dismantling of a decenet Dartmouth team, 5-1...sorry I missed IBT (should've told him I'd be at the game)...speed, skill all better...active sticks and good defensive coverage...after watching us at Thompson not surprised we'd compete (and compete well) at Cambridge...all freshman contributing but Vachon, Young and Watson-Braun are especially notable adds...McMann all over the ice as well...great way to go into break, watching this team coming together...there's really never been a question of DV's coaching ability - it's been in the recruiting area where we've been challenged - but this class looks solid and, if what I'm hearing is correct, the next two years' classes are solid...TheCoat doesn't want to get overly optimistic, but things are looking up in Hamilton...now let's have the students turn out as well and make home ice a real advantage...

Comment

Iowa good job in ECAC pick the standings contest !

Comment

Was planning to make the trip to both games this past weekend but snow on Friday and a sudden family-related event on Saturday kept me from visiting Hanover and Cambridge. But I am ELATED that we swept the weekend! This is only the 2nd time we've swept the Dartmouth-Harvard trip on the road since the pair became travel partners in 2005-06. The other time was 2013-14, and we know how that season ended

I'm going to start looking at hotels in Lake Placid for the weekend of March 20-22. We're .500 at the break after starting the season 0-3. I've got a great feeling about this team. Go 'Gate.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Everybody is different, but it generally takes me three times to look someone in the eye, shake their hand, and say their name for me to remember them permanently. The anonymous names on here doesn’t help me. Maybe I will do another roll call over the break, asking for real first names, towns in which you live, and the rink(s) that I am likely to see you at.

I truly do enjoy meeting others that are passionate about Colgate hockey. The trip to Dublin/Belfast was interesting as it seemed to be a whole different subset of Colgate hockey fans than are posters on here. Anyway, GreenCoat, I really would have enjoyed meeting you in-person.

Finally, thanks Shabby, for the reminder to look at the Pick-the-ECAC-Standings. Me first, you second, and StillAnEmptyNet third. Pretty kewl.

P.S. - I am headed to Indy this week for the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show. I will catch Arizona State at Michigan State on Saturday night, which will be a new arena for me.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-09-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

We are officially RECEIVING VOTES!

Comment

IBT...we'll get it done before too long...nice start to the holidays...

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                                I'm going to start looking at hotels in Lake Placid for the weekend of March 20-22. We're .500 at the break after starting the season 0-3. I've got a great feeling about this team. Go 'Gate.
                                I like your optimism. Have been to LP or AC to see my beloved Raiders in the ECAC tournament, only to make an early exit in the first round or, on the rare occasion they make it that far, lose in the final (v. Union). Perhaps it's because Colgate was so far under the radar this season that they may actually do something special. And I always like our chances as the underdog...
                                This weekend has been too many years in the making. No. 4 in the standings, wow.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X