Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Andrew Farrier led team out onto ice for pre-game warm-up.
    5-hour drive from Owego, N.Y., became 6.5-hour adventure with the snow.
    But, it is a Winter Wonderland in Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Let’s get two points this weekend

Comment

Iowa - am I the House and would love to meet you in between periods. Where are your seats?

Comment

Really struggling with Dartmouth Public wi-fi, but what a game!!
          Farrier is playing great. Dartmouth 21, Colgate 17, SOG near end of second
          Colgate 4, Dartmouth 1, near end of second.
          Something has clicked with this team.

Comment

Section 17, Row G, Seat 8.
            I will stay here between second and third.

Comment

What a game! 5 goals!! I am so proud and happy for the team. Seems like things are really coming together. On to Bright! Go 'Gate!!!!

Comment

Dartmouth 33, Colgate 29, final SOG.
                Colgate 5, Dartmouth 1, final score.
                Officially a blow-out in my book (4+ goal differential).
                More in a bit...

Comment

I am beside myself with excitement... nearly two hours after the game.
                  Something has happened with this team, and I don’t know what it is.
                  It may just be hard work in practices, getting to know each other better, and/or just a general maturation of all players. Or, it might have been one singular event that turned the ship around. Leadership from the coaching staff? Leadership from the Captain and Alternate? I don’t know. But something has changed... even since the beginning of this season.
                  The PPG goal that got by Andrew Farrier tonight? I think it went up in the air and come down on his back, and went into the goal. I would love to see a replay.
                  Bobby McMann’s goal was a thing of beauty.
                  Arnaud Vachon? One goal and two assists.
                  Colton Young? One goal and one assist.
                  I have decided to stay in Hanover tomorrow night and get my first look at Cornell. But, the Colgate-Harvard game should be a good one. Anything can happen.
                  Go ‘Gate!!
                  P.S. - It was fun meeting Gate93 tonight. And, in Belfast, the fathers of Trevor Cosgrove and Ben Sharf both made a point to come over to me and introduce themselves, which I appreciate.

Comment

Great to meet Iowa tonight and a very fun game. Missed the first due to weather but we looked dangerous throughout the 2nd and 3rd. That was a legit 5-1 blowout and quite frankly I think it could have easily been worse for the Big Green. Dartmouth looks to be a pretty decent team, but tonight we kept almost everything to the outside in our own end while repeatedly getting in close and dangerous areas in theirs. The equality of the shots doesn’t really tell the story of the game. Our stick check work was on point tonight too. And hey, instead of dump and chase with the lead in the third we got the pedal down treatment complete with clicking stretch passes - Just plain fun!

Comment

Separate subject...

It appears that UConn will be visiting Class of ‘65 Arena for one game next season (2020-21).

Comment

Sure is nice to get up in the am and come here to read about a great win from the night before. Haven't felt this good about our team since the Spinks etc, 2015, I believe. We have had a much improved team all season but the last two games have been something special.

McMann has had many breakaways this year, but when he finally scored five hole to give us the lead early in the first, I had a good feeling about the game. On our third goal, Snodgrass had the pass of the year, from the right boards he hit a streaking McAvoy who was crashing the net from the left wing and he made no mistake burying it. In the third Vachon skated around a falling Dartmouth dman and put the jets on to beat the other dman and scored on a beautiful outside in move and then got Clark to open his legs enough to put it five hole, another fantastic goal. Game over !

Everyone is playing well, Cochoran playing his best hockey ever also. Dartmouth is a talented team with one of the best goalies in the ECAC, this was currently a battle for fourth place, could be huge at the end.

Farrier .084 GAA is leading the ECAC but only two games. Where's he been ? They play again tonight like last night and it should be a very good game tonight, we got our split and maybe more.

Side note, watching on ESPN+, I was clicking on the watch button on our schedule page, having a hard time getting the Bruins-Hawks game I called ESPN. They told me to just go to the ESPN app, open it and click on ESPN+ button. Navigate down to Mens College Hockey, all the ECAC games and more are right there, and a beautiful HD picture. Hoping to help someone without hours of problems like I had.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 12-07-2019, 08:19 AM.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          Really struggling with Dartmouth Public wi-fi, but what a game!!
                          Farrier is playing great. Dartmouth 21, Colgate 17, SOG near end of second
                          Colgate 4, Dartmouth 1, near end of second.
                          Something has clicked with this team.
                          You guys were exceptional last night: best Colgate team I have seen in the last few years. Really dominant in the 2nd and 3rd: I thought I was watching Cornell or Clarkson the way they dominated the Big Green. Dartmouth has been a .500 team but in the past few years they have rarely been demolished by non-Cornell ECAC opposition the way Colgate did to them last night.

Good to have a competitive and dare I say enjoyable-to-watch Colgate team back again. I'll be interested to see how it goes for you at Harvard tonight. Wouldn't shock me if the 3-4 point weekend I'd really hoped for (and thought possible based on our play before our break) ends up a reality for Colgate.

Comment

McMann can’t take that penalty at the end of regulation. I like the effort but gotta be smart
                            Last edited by red133883; 12-07-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Do you believe in miracles !!
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• There has been a lot of frustration for Vaughn and crew which has been shown on this board and rightfully so. That being said this team and players are working for wins and it is showing, please cheer them on the the rest of the season. We are looking like a top 5 ECAC team. Go IowaBT for his commitment and everyone else for supporting this team and go Raiders. Could be a very fun season for all of us if we make Placid.

Comment

Working...
                                X