Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Northeastern 3, Colgate 2, score after two.
    I take back what I said earlier as we came out fired up and Ben Scharf got his third goal of the tournament in the first minute.
    We are definitely in this game!!

Comment

Northeastern 4, Colgate 3, final score.
      Crazy finish. We stood extremely tall.
      Best game of the year!!

Comment

Best game I've seen Colgate play in about 2-3 years. At 3-0 after NE scored three goals in a minute in the first I figured a rout was happening. We were just as good as the #12 team in the country the last two periods. 0-6 on the powerplay doomed us, we killed TWO five on threes in the third period. We have played very well against ranked teams, a tremendous showing !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Best game I've seen Colgate play in about 2-3 years. At 3-0 after NE scored three goals in a minute in the first I figured a rout was happening. We were just as good as the #12 team in the country the last two periods. 0-6 on the powerplay doomed us, we killed TWO five on threes in the third period. We have played very well against ranked teams, a tremendous showing !
          Yes, great to see the team competing every game now. No, they are not going to win the ECAC or Frozen Four this year but at least you can tune in every night and/or go to the game knowing this team has a chance to win. We could not say that last year.

Comment

Tip of the Husky Helmet to Colgate for a gutsy performance. I was there. Losing sux but you folks can feel good about this one.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I think if we get to lake placid on the big sheet we could be dangerous in the ecac tournament, I watched it today and they looked good

Comment

played well although PP HAS to get better to win 1-goal games..."Still an Empty Net"...echo your thoughts at this point and observation spot on...

Comment

Getting ready to motorcoach back to Dublin (two hours), fly back to Philly (seven hours) and drive back to Owego, N.Y. (four hours). As people on here told me in advance that it would be, this trip to the Friendship Four tournament with Cara Group Travel has been a magical experience. I highly encourage others to make the effort in the future. I believe three Atlantic Hockey and one ECAC team will be invited going forward. And Colgate has to feel really good about their performances here. Bring on Dartmouth and Harvard next weekend. Go ‘Gate.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-01-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

So proud of this team! How about Sharf and Snodgrass??? The seniors are stepping up to the plate. Bobby McMann also played great. Hoping for a change in the PP. Other than that, I am very optimistic. Congrats, guys. Safe home! Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      ...this trip to the Friendship Four tournament with Cara Group Travel has been a magical experience. I highly encourage others to make the effort in the future...
                      Agree with this. Every word. Also enjoyed chatting with the Colgate folk I was able to meet.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Agree with this. Every word. Also enjoyed chatting with the Colgate folk I was able to meet.
                        Here, here! We watched the Colgate v Princeton game was very impressed and I hear you gave NU all they could handle in the Final. (and congrats to NU) DEFINITELY a fantastic experience!!! Would go again in a heartbeat....good luck to all teams the rest of the way!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I watched on TV and came away impressed with the way Colgate picked themselves up after giving up three goals in 2 minutes. Having an experienced coach was a plus in terms of turning the ship into the wave instead of letting it wash over and sink his team. Your goalie was able to forget the first period and played "lights out" for the rest of the game. The Final 'Gate goal was a perfect shot that probably would have brought down the house if NU hadn't already fed the open net. You can feel optimistic about the rest of the season. Good luck!

Comment

A couple more random thoughts now that I am safely home...

The Irish p.a. announcer seemed to enjoy saying the names of Bobby McMann (Colgate) and Ryan Shea (Northeastern). he he he

I have always been proud to wear my Colgate jersey into any rink, home or away. But, I have to admit, it is more fun now that I feel that we can compete, at a high level, with most anybody. We aren’t going to win them all, and there will be more blow-outs to come, but we can compete. I think our games against UMass Lowell, BC, Providence and Northeastern have shown that. We’ve always played hard, and never given up, but our talent is starting to shine through.

I personally credit Don Vaughan and his coaching staff of Dana Borges and Brett Riley, the team leaders of Bobby McMann and Jared Cockrell, and both Mitch Benson and Andrew Farrier (in particular).

It is an exciting time to be a ‘Gate fan!!
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-02-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I had wanted to research the Friendship Four tournament before going to Belfast, but didn't have time with feeling so poor.
                              So here it is...

Friendship Four Tournament
                              Belfast, Northern Ireland

2019 Championship (Nov. 30): Northeastern 4, Colgate 3.
                              2019 Consolation (Nov. 30): New Hampshire 3, Princeton 2.
                              2019 Semi-Final 1 (Nov. 29): Northeastern 4, New Hampshire 0.
                              2019 Semi-Final 2 (Nov. 29): Colgate 3, Princeton 1.

2018 Championship (Nov. 24): Union 2, Boston Univ. 1.
                              2018 Consolation (Nov. 24): Yale 6, Connecticut 3.
                              2018 Semi-Final 1 (Nov. 23: Union 1, Yale 1 (Union wins ShootOut, 2-1).
                              2018 Semi-Final 2 (Nov. 23): Boston Univ. 3, Connecticut 2.

2017 Championship (Nov. 25): Clarkson 4, Providence 2.
                              2017 Consolation (Nov. 25): Maine 4, Rensselaer 2.
                              2017 Semi-Final 1 (Nov. 24): Clarkson 2, Rensselaer 0.
                              2017 Semi-Final 2 (Nov. 24): Providence 3, Maine 0.

2016 Championship (Nov. 26): Vermont 5, Quinnipiac 1.
                              2016 Consolation (Nov. 26): Saint Lawrence 2, Massachusetts 2 (SLU wins ShootOut, 2-1).
                              2016 Semi-Final 1 (Nov. 25): Vermont 4, Massachusetts 2.
                              2016 Semi-Final 2 (Nov. 25): Quinnipiac 0, Saint Lawrence 0 (QU wins ShootOut, 1-0).

2015 Championship (Nov. 28): UMass Lowell 5, Brown 5 (UML wins ShootOut, 1-0).
                              2015 Consolation (Nov. 28): Northeastern 7, Colgate 1.
                              2015 Semi-Final 1 (Nov. 27): Brown 5, Colgate 0.
                              2015 Semi-Final 2 (Nov. 27): UMass Lowell 3, Northeastern 2 (OverTime).

Comment

Big weekend, a split would be nice, keeping us over .500 for the holidays. Best chance for a win is tonight, keeping us ahead of Dartmouth. Maybe Cornell beats up on Harvard tonight and they overlook us a little tomorrow. One period at a time.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X