Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    I see we have a newbie "thread" jumping...and he's a rookie as well (join date: 3/2019)...well, CLKHockey, one thread "jump" is enough...yes, we're down, but if you're old enough you may realize Clarkson went through a decade of poor performance, and that with an AI (academic index) that is light year's lower than Colgate's...at this point let it go and go home...
    Jeez I was only joking. Lighten up. What does it matter who joined the forum when?? It’s an online hockey forum, you have NO prestige or respect for being some kind of “veteran” of a college sports forum. The way you talk about being a “newbie thread jumper” makes me feel kind of awkward and embarrassed, mostly for you. And yes I’ve been following ECAC hockey for over 25 years. I’ve seen the ups and downs of all 12 of our teams and those who are no longer with us. Just lighten up, wipe your tears off, and put the hurt cream on your rear end. I was in no way offended or razzled by what I originally responded to. It was a good point and funny. Sorry that I desecrated you’re unwritten rules of “thread jumping.” Haha sorry I’m just picturing someone taking this all so serious, looking at my profile, checking my rank. Forgive me, rookie here!!! Lmfao.

Enjoy the season! I thought Colgate was pretty fast, the kid who scored that goal was a hustler, he can move really well. And I thought you’re tendy made some great saves..
    Last edited by CLKHockey; 11-17-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Colgate has to recruit better, it takes time, if you lock Riley in for some years then things should come together quicker than usual, but if he leaves like Marcou left Brown right when things are getting rolling it’s going to be tough. I feel that’s a common misconception in college hockey, those assistants matter more then the HC for a lot of people getting recruited, those assistants are the ones grinding away on countless long road trips establishing a relationship with the individual and their family. Best of luck and I hope things work out with that beautiful new arena, it’d be nice if you could get some fan support.

Comment

appreciate your input, techtodenver, as YOUR input is always thoughtful and incisive...BTW, I root for essentially non-Ivy teams in the ECAC, and Clarkson and SLU in particular...as far as CLKHockey goes my previous statement stands...

Comment

hard to believe it's been 30 years since the great team of 1989-90 (31-6-1)...every team we lost a game to or tied we beat at least once save Wisconsin...three great lines, but, remembering fondly, it was our fourth line that keyed one-goal back-to-back wins at Starr against a very good Lake State team and against BU in the semis...Kelly Mills - Andrew Dickson - Jeff Weber...please grant me ONE MORE Frozen Four before I go to a better (hopefully) place...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
            ..three great lines, but, remembering fondly, it was our fourth line that keyed one-goal back-to-back wins at Starr against a very good Lake State team and against BU in the semis...Kelly Mills - Andrew Dickson - Jeff Weber...
            And don’t forget Gagnon in goal. He came up huge in those games you mentioned.
            That was an amazing year - I remember it well. Lots of travel to Boston and Detroit but I’d do it again tomorrow.
            Last edited by Magoo; 11-21-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Cornell/Colgate

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...llcolgate.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Quinnipiac writer says we have no talent offensively, worst powerplay in the country at 1-44 for 2%, hard to argue that one.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

That was a very clear-eyed, neutral assessment of our program. Frankly, it may have been too kind to us.

Comment

I do have something positive to say, upon entering the 4:00 game after football two weeks ago, I saw a player that really did impress me and that was Colton Young. His brother coming next year is supposed to be even better, maybe there's some hope.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I know this probably sounds overly positive but we have loss only as many games as we have not loss this season. (Yes an odd way to put it) but it gets to the point that we have at least had some decent play this year. Id like some of the tires to be wins but baby steps and on that note lea get 2 points this weekend

Comment

I feel horrible, figuratively and literally.
                        I have decided to pull the plug on tonight’s game, and likely tomorrow night’s game, too. I need to feel well on Sunday’s Philly to Dublin flight.
                        I will try using my ESPN+ subscription of the Colgate production.
                        Go ‘Gate.

Comment

at this point (and maybe it'll get better) we simply don't have the speed nor skill to make Princeton pay for its aggressive forecheck...feel better IBT...

Comment

2 goals...Gee, I guess that better than 1.5 goals...passive (again) in third period...Benson to the rescue as usual...should I even bother watching Q-Pac tomorrow? One way or another this (no goal scoring, no PP, no penalty kill) has to stop...are we listening Nicki Moore?

Comment

The positive spin on here is very entertaining...especially when there isn't anything positive and there hasn't been for a decade.
                              Not to mention our abysmal lack of postseason success and nonexistent tournament titles/hardware.
                              In our inaugural trip to Dublin, we laid a goose egg vs. Northeastern 6-0 in the consy.
                              Start drinking early.

This program needs divine intervention. My loyalty and appreciation for Vaughan's service turned to bitterness years ago. He should do what WSOC coach Brawn just did; I think she saw the program beginning to struggle a bit and after a tremendous career, she called it quits.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                                My loyalty and appreciation for Vaughan's service turned to bitterness years ago. He should do what WSOC coach Brawn just did; I think she saw the program beginning to struggle a bit and after a tremendous career, she called it quits.
                                When you see a program struggling a bit, you don't quit. You hitch up your boots, recruit like mad, and try to keep a successful program going. My guess is she felt it was time to retire, not leave the team because she had no support or couldn't rebuild. Kudos to Brawn for a tremendous job over the years.

The hockey program has been struggling for years; hopefully the addition of new assistant coaches and more emphasis on recruiting in different geographic areas will right the ship.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X