• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2019-20

It’s been a pretty lousy autumn for Colgate athletics☹️
    Except for volleyball I guess

Comment

Haven't played BC since 2010...such a rarity, and at home while students are away, nonetheless. Now 2-21 all time. It's no wonder why these schools would rather play someone else with some PWR muscle. This has become the norm for hockey; football is much more disappointing and worrisome.
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

I was at a blueberry farm the past few days, having disconnected from the inter-web. I plug back in to find out we put 39 shots on goal against BC and their goalie pitches a shutout, AND football loses at home to Bucknell!!!!?????

Football must be sharing drinks with the Red Sox. Men's Ice Hockey, on the other hand ... it's still early in the season. It's not how you start, but how you finish. But I'm also frustrated at the lack of goal scoring. I will hopefully get a firsthand look at this year's team this weekend in Lowell.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          I was at a blueberry farm the past few days, having disconnected from the inter-web. I plug back in to find out we put 39 shots on goal against BC and their goalie pitches a shutout, AND football loses at home to Bucknell!!!!?????

Football must be sharing drinks with the Red Sox. Men's Ice Hockey, on the other hand ... it's still early in the season. It's not how you start, but how you finish. But I'm also frustrated at the lack of goal scoring. I will hopefully get a firsthand look at this year's team this weekend in Lowell.
          I attended the BC game with a few Gate faithful. Gate did have their chances -- they hit some pipes and some screen shots didn't find open net...and the lack of PP scoring really hurt. Credit the BC keeper who was very solid and oh BTW, is a first rounder (Panthers)!
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hey everyone, it's time once again for the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest! It takes about 2 minutes of your time for a whole season of fun and a chance at eternal glory!

(forgive the blatant copy-pasting to every ECAC-related thread)
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

predictions for next weekend...lose first night 3-1 (EAG goal for UMass-Lowell), lose second night 2-0...anybody disagree?

Comment

GreenCoat,
                I totally disagree with you...
                I think it will be a weekend split, thanks to an extraordinary effort from Mitch.
                I just don’t know which night yet, nor the final scores.

Comment

A scary possibility, football team 0-7, hockey 0-3 with the next four against UMass Lowell and Miami, then Yale. Which team wins a game first, football or hockey ? Could be very bad.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    A scary possibility, football team 0-7, hockey 0-3 with the next four against UMass Lowell and Miami, then Yale. Which team wins a game first, football or hockey ? Could be very bad.
                    Football has a chance to tie our all-time w-l record with Cornell. Wonder what our hockey record with UM-Lowell and Yale is?
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      Football has a chance to tie our all-time w-l record with Cornell. Wonder what our hockey record with UM-Lowell and Yale is?
                      Colgate is 7-13-0 all-time against Lowell, 1-7-0 for games played in Lowell. The lone win came on October 26, 1990 back when ULowell played games at the Tully Forum.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

We need a win badly !
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I really like Juliano Pagliero, but I would think there is a healthy rivalry now between the two teams with his move to UMass Lowell. I still predict a split on the road for ‘Gate this weekend.

I arrived early yesterday, so I took in the Merrimack at Holy Cross game. Holy Cross gave it a good effort, but the Hockey East team proved stronger. Not much of an arena; bleachers on one side.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-18-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I have decided to make the trip to Lowell after work today. I'll report back tomorrow with my thoughts on this year's team. Go 'Gate.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Head's up: if you subscribe to CBS All-Access, both of this weekend's games (as well as the Nov. 1 game at Providence) will be available for streaming on the service.
                              https://www.cbs.com/shows/hockey-on-...game-schedule/
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal again tonight at the (Paul) Tsongas Center in downtown Lowell, Mass., for tonight’s non-conference match-up between UMass Lowell and Colgate. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X