X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Connelly had a series of tweets tonight about the upcoming season:

Jimmy Connelly
    @jimmyconnelly
    1/ Hearing that @hockey_east will announce tomorrow its intention to play its league season with all 11 members. Unlikely any team will begin play before mid-late Nov. and there may be as many as 30 league games. Focus will be on completing the league season above all else.

2/ There may be multiple iterations of schedules developed (24-game, 30-game, multiple start dates) and there is hope to have some flexibility if there are interruptions. Non-league games are possible if teams can find opponent/open dates.

3/ The intention will also be to hold the conference tournament as planned (8-teams, two weekends on current dates). At this point everything is still very fluid but there seems to be a commitment from the member institutions and the league to play as much hockey as possible.

4/ Not hearing anything about whether or not there will be fans allowed, even at limited capacity, in arenas. But given the trends around sports, I doubt that will be possible at least at the onset.

5/ One other random note, I am hearing travel will be limited to day trips unless heading to Orono or Burlington (and when Maine/UVM travel, obviously). For example, UNH won’t be allowed to stay over at UConn the night before the game. Priority on limiting hotels stays.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• I suppose that's something. If they play this out without fans though, I really hope they push all the institutions (and their TV partners) to somehow get every game available for viewing.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Lowell Sun article on Matt Kinash.
        https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/07/28...ncoming-class/

Comment

• Not really much in this Sun article, but a couple of quotes from Coach about the possible return of hockey.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• When Eric Green committed here, I was really surprised he was coming right from prep. He never got a shot, went to play Juniors last December and was supposed to come back. Instead he's heading to Oswego State. Best of luck to him.
            Monty

Comment

• Seniors Levesque and Sodergren named Captains for 20/21. Assistants not yet named.
              Monty

Comment

• River Hawks announce incoming class for 2020-21

2020-21 Roster - I don't see Marek Korencik on the current roster.
                Last edited by boblav1; 08-13-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• It was noted by a friend that Korencik is no longer listed on the Lowell roster.
                  Monty

Comment

• The roster has been fixed, and Korencik is now listed. Benjamin McEvoy is also back as the 3rd goalie.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      The roster has been fixed, and Korencik is now listed. Benjamin McEvoy is also back as the 3rd goalie.
                      Thanks Scott.

HOCKEY EAST MEN'S SUMMER SCHOOL - Andre Lee is included.

I saw this tweet regarding PC.
                      Mark Divver @MarkDivver
                      @FriarsHockey 3 players from Europe -- Albin Nilsson & Anton Martinsson of Sweden & Uula Ruikka of Finland -- arrived in U.S. today. They'll be Covid tested & will have 14-day quarantine. PC classes to start on 8/31

Any idea if Lowell is bringing their European players back yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Thanks Scott.

HOCKEY EAST MEN'S SUMMER SCHOOL - Andre Lee is included.

I saw this tweet regarding PC.
                        Mark Divver @MarkDivver
                        @FriarsHockey 3 players from Europe -- Albin Nilsson & Anton Martinsson of Sweden & Uula Ruikka of Finland -- arrived in U.S. today. They'll be Covid tested & will have 14-day quarantine. PC classes to start on 8/31

Any idea if Lowell is bringing their European players back yet?
                        Since classes begin in less than 2 weeks (September 1 according to the online schedule), and they have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, I'd imagine they're all back already.

Comment

• The ice is in.

https://twitter.com/RiverHawkHockey/...00239652147200

Comment

• If you hadn't seen this originally, a cool transcript of a conversation looking back at 35 years of Hockey East.
                            Monty

Comment

• Derek Osik is transferring to Long Island University.

https://twitter.com/derekvosik/statu...85344267808768

Comment

• Tonight's episode of American Ninja Warrior (NBC, 8pm) will feature former UML defenseman Barry Goers as one of the competitors.

Comment

Working...
                                X