UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Lowell Sun article: River Hawks excited about incoming freshmen.
    https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/07/11...ming-freshmen/

Six players coming in (Matt Allen, Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Ben Meehan, Jackson Sterrett, Brehdan Engum and Henry Welsch). Norm said there’s a chance one additional player may join the incoming group and UAH transfer, Joe Latta, will be eligible to play this season.

Thanks! Nothing on goriverhawks.com and we don't get the Sun since they let most of the Sports staff go (mr les making a statement)

Comment

Lowell Sun article: River Hawks excited about incoming freshmen.
      https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/07/11...ming-freshmen/

Six players coming in (Matt Allen, Andranik Armstrong-Kingkade, Ben Meehan, Jackson Sterrett, Brehdan Engum and Henry Welsch). Norm said there’s a chance one additional player may join the incoming group and UAH transfer, Joe Latta, will be eligible to play this season.
      Well, this is interesting. It means pushing out a couple of guys that originally (when they first committed) coming in 2020. We now show 10 commits for 2021 (and one of those could be 22). We only have four that will be graduating after this next season though. We do have four players that are 2000 born, meaning they have to come in 2021 at the latest.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Are any of the junior leagues going to be up and running? I honestly don't believe we're going to have a season this year, which could make who is coming and going in future years very interesting. There are coaches in the Power 5 conferences in football saying they doubt there will be a season, and I for one think they just need to call it now. There won't be a vaccine while the season is going on, most schools won't allow students to be on campus or in residence halls, etc. If students athletes are supposed to be just that, student athletes, schools should not allow them on campus either, and put themselves at higher risk of exposure just so schools can try to recoup some of their financial losses. And that's for all sports, not just hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          There won't be a vaccine while the season is going on, most schools won't allow students to be on campus or in residence halls, etc.
          Actually, most schools are allowing students on campus, at least partially. Lowell announced their plans today: https://www.uml.edu/alert/coronavirus/returning/

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Actually, most schools are allowing students on campus, at least partially. Lowell announced their plans today: https://www.uml.edu/alert/coronavirus/returning/
            If this lasts into October I will be shocked out of my shoes. There is literally no way to insulate from exposure or spread. The Ivys have it right. Not to mention right now many of the student athletes can't get here from their country of origin (and if they have a modicum of intelligence they will stay away if they can get in).

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

If this lasts into October I will be shocked out of my shoes. There is literally no way to insulate from exposure or spread. The Ivys have it right. Not to mention right now many of the student athletes can't get here from their country of origin (and if they have a modicum of intelligence they will stay away if they can get in).
              The Ivies will have some of the students on campus as well. Harvard and Princeton both announced that freshmen and juniors will be on campus in the fall, as well as any student "who need to be on campus to progress academically", then sophomores and seniors will be allowed back in the Spring. The only thing the Ivies did was announce that there will be no sports in the fall.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The Ivies will have some of the students on campus as well. Harvard and Princeton both announced that freshmen and juniors will be on campus in the fall, as well as any student "who need to be on campus to progress academically", then sophomores and seniors will be allowed back in the Spring. The only thing the Ivies did was announce that there will be no sports in the fall.
                That is what the Ivies have right- The logistics of Sports is absurd. Have been listening to it for the last several months. There is no way to control for variables. Same with schools. Basically if you are exposed you need to quarantine for 2 weeks even if tested (tests are not accurate enough at first exposure). You want to calculate how many people are left who haven't been exposed at the end of a couple of weeks. Best case is a bunch and that is if they don't all go to a party. Around here they're having parties like nothing should stop them

Comment

• Congratulations to Lowell Alum Ryan Blair, as he was named the 10th Head Coach ever for the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) yesterday. The Stingrays fall into the Capitals farm system.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

They did put something on Twitter and also a video on YouTube (https://youtu.be/SbYWHG2Ekw4)
                    The webpage hasn't been updated more than 10 days. I guess this thread will be a lot more relevant.

Comment

• America East, in which Lowell participates in all their sports except for hockey, is postponing all fall sports. Currently the hope is to play in the spring of 2021.
                      Monty

Comment

• A nice article on Andre Lee. LA Kings May Have a Diamond in the Rough in Prospect Andre Lee. http://www.calisportsnews.com/la-kin...ect-andre-lee/

Comment

Norm said there’s a chance one additional player may join the incoming group
                          https://***********/Scanlon65/status...707627011?s=20

Comment

• [QUOTE=Middle Street;n3594399]

Barry Scanlon
                            @Scanlon65
                            UMass Lowell lands Matt Kinash, a 6-0, 187-pound forward from Edmonton. Kinash recently decommitted from Brown University. He posted 18-22-40 totals in 35 games for Drayton Valley of the AJHL. Will join UML's incoming freshman class.

Matt is rated as a 3.5/5 player on NZ.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...matthew-kinash

Comment

• Non-hockey related question I hope you don't mind me asking...

WHAT are they doing to Thorndike Street??? I got off the Connector and tried to get to Fletcher Street and the road is more or less gone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Non-hockey related question I hope you don't mind me asking...

WHAT are they doing to Thorndike Street??? I got off the Connector and tried to get to Fletcher Street and the road is more or less gone!
                                That area know as the Lord Overpass is being reconstructed. The area that was under the overpass is being filled in and the large intersection
                                will be redesigned. Information on this can be found at https://www.lowellma.gov/771/Lord-Ov...eway-to-Lowell
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X