X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mar7967
    replied
    Originally posted by XCTiger View Post

Pick 'em this year would be a nice distraction, but an incredible headache to orchestrate. Maybe we should put a "* title vacated by COVID-19" note on 2020. Thanks for trying, but even you can't make sense out of this craptastic year.
    1 point - correctly pick a win
    2 points - correctly pick a tie
    3 points - correctly pick a cancellation due to COVID
    100 points - successfully demonstrate CDC prevention techniques such as social distancing and masking

Leave a comment:

• XCTiger
    replied
    Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    Hi everyone - hope you are all healthy and doing well. I know Army leads off the season with a game this weekend, but in light of everything going on, and so much uncertainty in the schedules and what games will/won't be played, I am taking the year off from running a pick'em. Sorry for the bad news, but I hope to see you all next year!
    Pick 'em this year would be a nice distraction, but an incredible headache to orchestrate. Maybe we should put a "* title vacated by COVID-19" note on 2020. Thanks for trying, but even you can't make sense out of this craptastic year.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied
    Hi everyone - hope you are all healthy and doing well. I know Army leads off the season with a game this weekend, but in light of everything going on, and so much uncertainty in the schedules and what games will/won't be played, I am taking the year off from running a pick'em. Sorry for the bad news, but I hope to see you all next year!

Leave a comment:

• niahock
    replied
    Re: >> Atlantic Hockey Pick'em 2019-2020 <<

Thanks again for all the time and effort on the contest. Enjoyed it. Stay healthy, all.

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied
    Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    I understand that the new arcade style bubble top units are quite expensive.

I had the old cheaper desktop one with the plastic players that came with stickers for the two teams players. Mine was Rangers vs Bruins. Eddie Giacomin vs Gerry Cheevers. 😄
    Good times!

Thanks Mar for putting up with us again and for making the season go by.

Enjoyed it!

Leave a comment:

• Downstate_RIT_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Anybody have one of those old time table top hockey games? They could run the tournament and provide Mar the results to post. Strong wrist required!
    I understand that the new arcade style bubble top units are quite expensive.

I had the old cheaper desktop one with the plastic players that came with stickers for the two teams players. Mine was Rangers vs Bruins. Eddie Giacomin vs Gerry Cheevers. 😄

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

See everyone next year. Stay safe and wash your hands!

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied
    Thanks mar7967. Not the way we wanted to end the season but we appreciate the time and effort you put in each season running these pick-em tournaments.
    Anybody have one of those old time table top hockey games? They could run the tournament and provide Mar the results to post. Strong wrist required!

Leave a comment:

• Downstate_RIT_Fan
    replied

Thanks mar7967. Not the way we wanted to end the season but we appreciate the time and effort you put in each season running these pick-em tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
    everyone with 0 points for the rest of the playoffs. http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...cancelled.aspx
    Disappointing, but understandable.

Thanks for playing along, everyone! I guess I will see you all next season.

Leave a comment:

• CornwallAce
    replied

everyone with 0 points for the rest of the playoffs. http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...cancelled.aspx

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

I didn't realize the RMU/SHU series starts tonight, so get those picks in!

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Blazer must have chosen Canisius in a sweep over Bentley?
    No. I had the Falcons in three but they shortchanged me😳😳

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    I already have my golf clubs in the car! 😩😩
    Blazer must have chosen Canisius in a sweep over Bentley?

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied
    Blaze and I obviously have this whole playoff thing figured out. 😄
    I already have my golf clubs in the car! 😩😩

Leave a comment:

Working...
X