Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manurespreader
    replied
    Let's hope everyone makes it thru safely and we have a great year next year.

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Folks, I've thought long and hard about doing a pick 'em this year, especially since it's the farewell season for the WCHA. But with things as fluid as they are with "you know what" I think I'm going to take this year off. Besides, by pressing my luck I'd likely be tempting fate and causing the 'rona to run rampant through each of the teams. So with that in mind I'll see everyone next year for the inaugural CCHA pick 'em.

Stay safe.
    Looking forward to battling it out in the pick'em streets in the future. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Not an easy decision. Seems like we say that a lot these days. Thanks for all you do with this, it's my favorite thing about the site. Looking forward to its return.
    Appreciate it. I tried to give it a shot. Had everything all set up and ready to go. Then the Anchorage thing hit (changes, some of which are still unknown). Then the BG schedule changed (more changes). Then Mankato/Bemidji changed (even more changes). I realized last night as I was about to post the form there was no way I could keep up.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Not an easy decision. Seems like we say that a lot these days. Thanks for all you do with this, it's my favorite thing about the site. Looking forward to its return.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Folks, I've thought long and hard about doing a pick 'em this year, especially since it's the farewell season for the WCHA. But with things as fluid as they are with "you know what" I think I'm going to take this year off. Besides, by pressing my luck I'd likely be tempting fate and causing the 'rona to run rampant through each of the teams. So with that in mind I'll see everyone next year for the inaugural CCHA pick 'em.

Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
    sonofcrossjcek asked today, "If hockey is canceled that Talons guy can't finish the pick-em...right?" He is out of the competition but is bummed the rest of you can't finish. We are both very sad the season ended this way. I am sure all of you feel the same. See you next year.
    Really appreciate the thoughts from your son. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him beat the crap out of the rest of us. Pass along my formal invitation for him to play again next year!

Leave a comment:

• crossjcek
    replied
    Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

sonofcrossjcek asked today, "If hockey is canceled that Talons guy can't finish the pick-em...right?" He is out of the competition but is bummed the rest of you can't finish. We are both very sad the season ended this way. I am sure all of you feel the same. See you next year.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

With the WCHA just now announcing the cancellation of the remainder of the playoffs, this will conclude the 2019-2020 edition of the WCHA Pick 'Em contest. Bronco Hockey Fan, hopefully you haven't shipped the Jeff Sauer trophy yet. Please hold onto it until next season.

Appreciate everyone playing along and making this the #1 pick 'em contest on the USCHO site. See you next year and be sure to wash your hands!
    Stick salute to TUPD. We can all do that safely from a distance.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

With the WCHA just now announcing the cancellation of the remainder of the playoffs, this will conclude the 2019-2020 edition of the WCHA Pick 'Em contest. Bronco Hockey Fan, hopefully you haven't shipped the Jeff Sauer trophy yet. Please hold onto it until next season.

Appreciate everyone playing along and making this the #1 pick 'em contest on the USCHO site. See you next year and be sure to wash your hands!
    Thanks to you for doing all the work. We would have won, I'm sure of it.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Bump. Not sure we'll be able to crown a champ but until they shut things down there are still 3 folks who need to submit picks.

Had I realized where we were headed I would have made Coronavirus a pick worth 5 points...

Edit: Looks like it's only a matter of time now. Five min after bumping the thread the Atlantic Hockey commissioner cancelled their playoff tournament.
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-12-2020, 12:29 PM. Reason: Atlantic Hockey tourney cancelled

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Made it one round farther than last year trying to pick games for teams I know almost nothing about.
    Thanks for running this contest!

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Bucket
    replied

Wow, this is a pretty fascinating process. Thanks again for putting all the effort into this, TUPD. I am looking forward to seeing who wins and playing again next year. Good luck to the final eight😃

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Matches are set, here are the links. Just like last week submit picks for Friday and Saturday (quarterfinals and semifinals).

Quarterfinal and Semifinal picks
    View response summaries

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Hockey Fan
    replied

Ugh...…

okay. If I have to, I guess.

Pretty solid for a sophomore slump, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X