WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it. It's fun for me, too.
    I am as well — glad I have been able to participate throughout the whole season this year unlike last!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Me three. I only wish I would not have missed the first three weeks.....I look at it like I have 30 games in hand

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        Me three. I only wish I would not have missed the first three weeks.....I look at it like I have 30 games in hand
        Assuming your current pick % held consistent, with your bonus points you'd be in 3rd place if you'd been playing since week 1. That's good enough for a first round bye in the playoffs.

Comment

Like others who have stated above; thanks for the time you put into this. I look forward to it every week!
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Bracketology update. Here's how the field sets up if the playoffs started today:

WCHA Pick Em Playoff Bracketology Week 21

Comment

The race for MacNaughton Cup will come down to these games:
              Code:
                    mbenecke         MTUHuskyGold 
              Fri   UAA              UA_
              Sat   Minnesota State  Bemidji State
              Sat   Ferris State     Lake Superior
              Bonus 90               101
              MTUHuskyGold wins the MacNaughton Cup with a sweep of the three games as long as the Governor’s Cup SOGs are 96 or higher. Every point given up in the picks increases the SOGs bonus requirement by an equal amount. Any other combination gives mbenecke his first MacNaughton Cup.

The Mason Cup winner will be decided by Saturday’s Mankato/Bemidji and Lake Superior/Ferris games. MavHockey14 needs at least one win and one tie to claim the Cup otherwise the hardware go to sonofcrossjcek.

Code:
              MavHockey14      sonofcrossjcek
              Minnesota State  Bemidji State
              Lake Superior    Ferris State
              With a 26 point cushion, BGSURICK has sewn up the 36th and final playoff spot. Footballguy51 and Laker Dude can only make up a maximum of 19 points. However, the battle for the first and second alternates is still alive and well. Footballguy51 holds onto the first alternate spot with a Mav win on Friday or a Seawolf win on Saturday as long as the Governor’s Cup SOGs are not between 95-99. Laker Dude is pulling for Bemidji on Friday and the Nanooks on Saturday as long as the Governor’s Cup SOGs are outside the range of 66-74.

There are too many combinations and permutations to track down for the final two byes. Here’s the picks, you can follow along at home:

Code:
              Hatch_man  puckdude40 soulbeaver	 Stauber1  Wi.HuskiesFan
              MSU        BSU        BSU         MSU       MSU
              LSSU       LSSU       LSSU        FSU       LSSU
              NMU        NMU        NMU         NMU       MTU
              BGSU       BGSU       BGSU        BGSU      BGSU
              UA_        UAA        UA_         UA_       UA_

MSU        MSU        BSU         MSU       BSU
              LSSU       LSSU       FSU         LSSU      LSSU
              NMU        MTU        MTU         NMU       MTU
              BGSU       BGSU       BGSU        BGSU      BGSU
              UA_        UA_        UA_         UA_       UAA

95         112        103         107       105

Comment

Uh-oh
                Talons can you please check the crossjcek/sonofcrossjcek entries please. I did not change my pics. My son did, however, a couple minutes after he originally picked. I asked if he used my name or his and he is not sure. Please double check this as I ever only enter my picks once. He wanted to change his this morning so I told him you take the last entry.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                  Uh-oh
                  Talons can you please check the crossjcek/sonofcrossjcek entries please. I did not change my pics. My son did, however, a couple minutes after he originally picked. I asked if he used my name or his and he is not sure. Please double check this as I ever only enter my picks once. He wanted to change his this morning so I told him you take the last entry.
                  Here's what's entered. Which one's which?

2/26/2020 15:39:59 crossjcek Minnesota State Lake Superior Michigan Tech Bowling Green Alaska Minnesota State Lake Superior Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska 104
                  2/28/2020 7:54:46 sonofcrossjcek Minnesota State Lake Superior Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska Bemidji State Ferris State Michigan Tech Bowling Green Alaska 67
                  2/28/2020 7:56:05 crossjcek Bemidji State Lake Superior Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska Minnesota State Ferris State Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska 78

Comment

2/28/2020 7:56:05 crossjcek Bemidji State Lake Superior Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska Minnesota State Ferris State Northern Michigan Bowling Green Alaska 78

These picks were sonofcrossjcek's picks, not mine. It's your operation and we appreciate your work on this all year. If you see it fit to change them please do. If it needs to stay the same, under my name, so be it. He's young and is learning that it's just a game. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post

These picks were sonofcrossjcek's picks, not mine. It's your operation and we appreciate your work on this all year. If you see it fit to change them please do. If it needs to stay the same, under my name, so be it. He's young and is learning that it's just a game. Thank you again.
                      I gave it some thought. While we're all here to have some fun and not get caught up in rules/controversy, your correction post came after the games were played, it's the last week, and there are Mason Cup implications. Normally I'd switch it around but in fairness to MavHockey14 I have to let it stand.

Comment

No worries!! Thank you again for organizing. It's just in good fun.

Comment

So how many people picked Tech to win on the road and lose at home?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            So how many people picked Tech to win on the road and lose at home?
                            Three:
                            o Critical Thinker
                            o Scrum Bucket
                            o Miss Thundercat

Comment

What a finish! Lots to get to. First off, congrats to Scrum Bucket for being the week 21 winner with 36 of 40 points going 9-for-10 on the picks and 9-for-10 on the bonus. There were 114 SOGs in the final round of the Governor's Cup; in addition to Scrum Bucket, Drumstix, GoNanooks, and Hockey John each picked up 9 bonus points:

Code:
                              Player          Bonus
                              Drumstix          9
                              GoNanooks         9
                              Hockey John       9
                              Scrum Bucket      9
                              puckdude40        8
                              <3_Blizzard       6
                              MSUMaverickFan    5
                              GIWAN             4
                              Manurespreader    4
                              Stauber1          3
                              Wi.HuskiesFan     1
                              While MTUHuskyGold mounted a late charge, it wasn’t enough to overtake mbenecke who is the 2019-2020 MacNaughton Cup winner! Congratulations mbenecke!! Bring a copy of this post to Rev’s and receive $1.00 off any appetizer.

Now to the Mason Cup which, as it turns out, is not without some controversy. I had the race down to two players: sonofcrossjcek and MavHockey14. But I was wrong. WAAAYYYY wrong. Because by going 9-for-10 on this week’s picks, Scrum Bucket drew 3 to an inside straight and has captured the Mason Cup! I do want to give a special call out to sonofcrossjcek who made a gallant effort and hopefully will be back next year.

Congratulations to our winners and to all the participants who make this the biggest pick ‘em contest on the USCHO boards.

Final regular season standings and playoff seeding:
                              WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

The field is set, it’s now playoff time. I want to remind our two alternates, Laker Dude and footballguy51 that submitting picks is encouraged. You’re not out of this thing just yet.

Here’s a link to the playoff rules In short, submit your picks for the first two rounds, I’ll post first round results early Saturday morning so you can see if you advance while having your morning coffee (that reference is for you Miss Thundercat). One more thing: since we are now heads up the link to the detailed picks will not be available until everyone’s picks are in.

You’ve done this for 21 weeks; you know how it works.
                                Rounds 1 and 2
                                View response summaries

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

Working...
                                X