• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwearpurple
    replied
    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Am I going to have to cheer for a Canadian team? Oh well, for Marc, OK
    And now you get to cheer for another Canadian team.

Connor Mackey signs with Calgary.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

But Vancouver? Oh, well, at least the Sedins aren't there any more.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    Marc Michaelis signs with Vancouver

Leave a comment:

• Iwearpurple
    replied

Marc Michaelis signs with Vancouver

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Marc Michaelis and Dryden McKay both named as Top 10 Finalists for the 2020 Hobey Baker Award, which is announced on a Friday April 10th on NHL Network.

Great recognition of both players. Either may have a legit shot at the top 3, but it will be a tough route to the top 3 for either. Has Michaelis not missed 7 games, I think he’d have a pretty legit shot at the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

This could well have been your year!

http://www.startribune.com/how-does-...now/568806482/

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    If they still go ahead with the Hobey Baker, I really hope Michaelis makes the top 3. For that matter, I think the thing for the committee to do is to put all seniors in the top 10. The class that didn't get a chance to finish should at least be recognized in that way. For the outstanding juniors, sophs, and freshmen, feel free to come back next year and win it.
    I am really curious as to what they do. You’d think McKay has a great Mike Richter Award case as well.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

If they still go ahead with the Hobey Baker, I really hope Michaelis makes the top 3. For that matter, I think the thing for the committee to do is to put all seniors in the top 10. The class that didn't get a chance to finish should at least be recognized in that way. For the outstanding juniors, sophs, and freshmen, feel free to come back next year and win it.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

This was a missed opportunity to showcase not only the WCHA but the nCCHA as well. We had an excellent chance of putting 2 teams in for the 3rd year in a row and a very good chance of having at least 1 (you guys) in the FF/finals. The way to combat all this talk about being "a lousy 1-bid league" is to consistently put more than one in. Winning it all doesn't hurt either.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    I really feel bad for these guys. Several of them probably could have gone pro at the end of last season, but decided to come back for one more shot at it. And I'm really crushed that we don't get to see the final chapter of the story.

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

― John Greenleaf Whittier
    Coach Hastings and his staff echoed these statements last night as well. Understandable but sad day.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    It’s official. What a ride this senior class took us on. I’m devastated they won’t get the chance to see this thing through and try and elevate the program to a new level in the NCAA Tournament.

I’m numb.
    I really feel bad for these guys. Several of them probably could have gone pro at the end of last season, but decided to come back for one more shot at it. And I'm really crushed that we don't get to see the final chapter of the story.

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

― John Greenleaf Whittier

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

It’s official. What a ride this senior class took us on. I’m devastated they won’t get the chance to see this thing through and try and elevate the program to a new level in the NCAA Tournament.

I’m numb.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Sounds like we should know more in the next couple of hours regarding this weekend in Mankato.
    WCHA Tournament cancelled, along with all of the other college hockey tournaments.

15 days from the scheduled start of the NCAA Tournament. Hoping the Mavs get a chance, however, unless that chance is in May, I’m not thinking it’s likely.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Sounds like we should know more in the next couple of hours regarding this weekend in Mankato.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Maybe the COVID-19 crisis will cause no fans at the NCAA games and finally help the Mavs break the streak!
    I meant this as a joke, but this is now reality. An excellent problem to have, if the games are played, but there’s a real chance if the Mavs finally win a tournament game, somehow win another and advance to the Frozen Four, many of us who have dreamed of that day our entire lives will not be able to attend.

Can’t fault the NCAA for taking preventive measures to protect its athletes, those involved, and the at risk Americans, but this is truly incredible.

Games on as planned in Mankato so far this weekend..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X