Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Here’s what I’ve seen and heard for the non conference so far.

    10/9 Icebreaker vs. Providence
    10/10 Icebreaker vs. UMD/UMN
    10/16 @ St. Cloud State
    10/17 @ St. Cloud State
    10/30 vs. Minnesota Duluth
    10/31 vs. Minnesota Duluth
    Think Providence will play Stauber in goal against us?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
      Think Providence will play Stauber in goal against us?
      If he wins the job.. I think they go with the guy who earns the spot to give them the best chance to win.

      AF 99

      M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        Think Providence will play Stauber in goal against us?
        Stauber won't be eligible until january.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bale View Post
          Stauber won't be eligible until january.
          Here is the correct answer.
          AF 99

          M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

          Comment


          • Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

            A little birdie passed along some info indicating Todd Burgess, grad transfer from RPI could be headed to Mankato.. hes an Ottawa Senators draft pick and had 14 goals and 6 assists for 20 points last year..
            AF 99

            M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              A little birdie passed along some info indicating Todd Burgess, grad transfer from RPI could be headed to Mankato.. hes an Ottawa Senators draft pick and had 14 goals and 6 assists for 20 points last year..
              I saw that he started following Mav Hockey on Twitter. Was also a teammate of Reggie Lutz in the NAHL.

              Comment


              • Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

                https://twitter.com/burgess_todd/sta...966491650?s=21


                This is now official. Should be a good add with good size, goal scoring ability, will be a welcome addition.
                AF 99

                M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                Comment


                • Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

                  If anyone is interested, RPI-TV, a student organization, films RPI home games. We all think they do a great job. They can be found here https://rpitv.org/categories/7-ice-hockey interspersed with women's games and ACHA games. As far as Todd Burgess is concerned, at least offensively, I'd recommend the 2/22/20 game vs. Princeton which should be the first game on that page. There was a problem in that game with the audio provided by WRPI.


                  Edit: change https to http.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-18-2020, 06:49 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

                    No (regular season) hockey in Mankato next season until Halloween weekend when UMD comes to town.

                    Non conference:

                    @ Duluth Providence(Icebreaker)
                    @ Duluth MN/UMD (Icebreaker)
                    @St Cloud State
                    UMD at home
                    AF 99

                    M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

                      If anyone is interested, RPI-TV, a student organization, films RPI home games. We all think they do a great job. They can be found here https://rpitv.org/categories/7-ice-hockey interspersed with women's games and ACHA games. As far as Todd Burgess is concerned, at least offensively, I'd recommend the 2/22/20 game vs. Princeton which should be the first game on that page. There was a problem in that game with the audio provided by WRPI.


                      Edit: change https to http.
                      Minnesota State Maverick fans get your first look at Grad Transfer player Todd Burgess. The dude is a walking highlight reel and there's a reason the Senators drafted him in the 4th round. I mean just look at his incredible stick skills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxdpAWD84w&t=5s This was a really fun highlight tape for me to make because Todd was so excited to pick out his music when I told him I was making his. You guys are getting a great player and also a great person for your program. Todd was friends with many different athletes on campus including myself, not just the hockey guys.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

                        https://twitter.com/burgess_todd/sta...966491650?s=21


                        This is now official. Should be a good add with good size, goal scoring ability, will be a welcome addition.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxdpAWD84w&t=5s Yeah, he's definitely gonna help out your program

                        Comment


                        • Had a good talk with Spooner last week as he was in town umpiring a legion game. Says he’s at 90% now from his injury and will be 100% once they hit the ice for practice. He’s really looking forward to his senior year. Just a great kid
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Had a good talk with Spooner last week as he was in town umpiring a legion game. Says he’s at 90% now from his injury and will be 100% once they hit the ice for practice. He’s really looking forward to his senior year. Just a great kid
                            Good news! This year will be a chance for him to show his offensive game.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

                              Good news! This year will be a chance for him to show his offensive game.
                              If there's a season.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

                                If there's a season.
                                Coach Hastings has some comments on this yesterday..

                                ”Would we like to start on October 3rd as we are supposed to? Of course. I’d also like to be 6 feet tall. I think the most realistic goal right now is a Conference only schedule beginning in January.”
                                AF 99

                                M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X