Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

A little surprised Palocsik didn't make ECAC All-Rookie team, but neither did O'Connor last year, so in the big picture, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
      A little surprised Palocsik didn't make ECAC All-Rookie team, but neither did O'Connor last year, so in the big picture, who cares?
      Yes and No! It's no secret that the BG does not get the same type of respect as do others in the ECAC and Ivy, assuming everything being equal an accomplishment will go to the other teams. But I also understand why! BG has been perennially sub par and the only way to change that is by winning consistently. I have harped on this point until pigs fly!

As for Palocsik, he was truly a revelation! Coming on D (much harder as far as progression and development) as freshman and performing the way he did is nothing short of spectacular. In my opinion, Palocsik had a better freshman campaign than O'Connor! His time will come!

Comment

Dartmouth's Gaudet Retiring After 32 Years as Head Coach

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Gaudet, always a class act.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Just wait for Jeff Cox to say Jerry Keefe is interviewing for the job and then the day Dartmouth hires someone, he will pull himself out of consideration!
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Congrats to Coach Gaudet on a long and successful career! His Dartmouth teams of the early aughts were formidable, and they were always right on the cusp on making the NCAA Tournament. I wish Bob all the best in retirement.

Comment

This news isn't something I was expecting to read when I got up this morning. I'm a big fan of Coach Gaudet for all of the reasons mentioned already and it'll be strange to see someone else behind Dartmouth's bench when we get back to playing hockey again. This is also an opportunity for Dartmouth to inject some new life into a program that has at times lately been on the edge of moving ahead but just hasn't been able to do it.
                Last edited by GreenBear; 04-23-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Coach Gaudet on a long tenured career. I understand he might've had mixed success in the standings, but I always had an appreciation for him as a leader who wanted his teams to play the game the right way -- always well coached and hard to play against.

I wonder if locals in the know can shed light on how they think the search will unfold. Does D typically hire "their" people (alums, or those with Ivy affiliations) or will they kick the doors open and try to find the best fit, regardless of their background ?
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Just wait for Jeff Cox to say Jerry Keefe is interviewing for the job and then the day Dartmouth hires someone, he will pull himself out of consideration!
                    There are some schools where Keefe would be a good fit. None, however, in the Ivy League.

BTW, Bob Gaudet has always been a class act and great ambassador of the Big Green.

Comment

Ben Barr is always floating out there. He'll eventually find a home.
                      But Rick Bennett would be an interesting pick. Union would (sorta) keep him forever. But Dart would be more supportive.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        There are some schools where Keefe would be a good fit. None, however, in the Ivy League.
                        Why do you say that? He was an assistant at Brown prior to Northeastern.

Comment

Ken Campbell of the Hockey News just tweeted that he thinks Ben Lovejoy is the leading candidate to take the position.

Comment

I hope not.Bring back Dave Peters!!!

Comment

Zlax,
                              It’s good to see that there’s room in your aching heart to harass posters and fans from a college other than Providence. Given your dour disposition, I would wager that it would never occur to you that Jerry’s pulling himself from consideration might have been done for the benefit of other parties, rather than for him to save face. First, he may have wanted to let the scores of NU Friends of Hockey as well as his players, recruits and colleagues at the University that the matter has been settled and that he is staying.

Secondly, By pulling his name out, he may have been sparing UVM the possible embarrassment that may have accrued from his rejection of the offer they made to him. It’s hard to keep secrets, and a rejection doesn’t make the job more attractive to other potential candidates.

The season (hopefully) is about 5 months away. That’s plenty of time to find something to like about the sport!

Comment

At this point, I'd be surprised if Ben Lovejoy isn't named head coach (assuming he wants it). Too much smoke for there not to be some fire.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Dartmouth.php

Comment

Working...
                                X