X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICECAT1811
    replied
    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

If Q beat Maine on 10/18 (the 3rd game of the season) or just split with ASU they would be 11 in the pairwise right now
    Last edited by ICECAT1811; 02-21-2020, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Weekend Preview: RPI/Union

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...-rpiunion.html

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Did we get penalized for beating SLU, or did the teams around us just do better?

I thought the PWR wasn't supposed be greatly affected by wins over "bad" opponents...
    RPI fan here, but I'm a math nerd (shocker) so I will comment on the PWR for you QU fans. The biggest problem with the pairwise last weekend for Quinnipiac was not beating Clarkson. While losing to a team as high as Clarkson in the pairwise won't cause your team's pairwise to drop much, the jump that would have happened with a win due to not only beating a quality opponent but also the "Quality Wins Bonus" was a big missed opportunity. Since Quinnipiac does not have any highly ranked teams left on the schedule, there is not much opportunity for a big pairwise boost since beating those teams won't do much to raise your pairwise. The next time QU will play a good opponent will likely not be until Lake Placid if they make it, but any losses before then would be to a "bad" (by the pairwise) team which will do a lot of harm.

As for beating SLU, beating the #59 team in the country won't help whatsoever, but it cannot lower your pairwise because if it does, any wins that lower your RPI are removed since you should never be punished for winning (This is part of the reason the RPI and Pairwise are terrible mathematical models and KRACH is way better but I digress).

In summary, QU's pairwise should not have changed all that much this past weekend, and their drop is moreso due to teams like Minnesota and Western Michigan getting hot.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow; it looks like it'll be a good one!

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

2002 forward Seamus Campbell commits to Quinnipiac

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ommits-to.html

Leave a comment:

• SnowDogFlyer
    replied

Running the table is possible but these teams are proud and have good hockey players and coaches...RPI is very tough at home and Union always represents, then home and home with Brown Bears and the Yale hopefully draws a great crowd!

Hoping Jayden Lee is OK . . . any other injuries we know of?

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Did we get penalized for beating SLU, or did the teams around us just do better?

I thought the PWR wasn't supposed be greatly affected by wins over "bad" opponents...

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    Unfortunately Q has a 25% chance of getting an At Large Bid according to CHN's Pairwise Probability Matrix. Not sure how they dropped 4 SPOTS losing to #7 in Pairwise Clarkson and winning the next night. Some result somewhere has put them on the outside looking in. The teams above us play high ranked Pairwise opponents so they wont drop to 17/18 (most likely) As of now we need to run the table and make it to the tournament final to get an AL bid. It would really hurt to be one or two Pairwise spots to getting in. If they get in they can beat ANYONE. Look what Yale did in 2013. Finding myself being a huge Alaska- Anchorage fan this weekend!
    St. Lawrence is such a negative team that even a win against them hurts.

Leave a comment:

• ICECAT1811
    replied

Unfortunately Q has a 25% chance of getting an At Large Bid according to CHN's Pairwise Probability Matrix. Not sure how they dropped 4 SPOTS losing to #7 in Pairwise Clarkson and winning the next night. Some result somewhere has put them on the outside looking in. The teams above us play high ranked Pairwise opponents so they wont drop to 17/18 (most likely) As of now we need to run the table and make it to the tournament final to get an AL bid. It would really hurt to be one or two Pairwise spots to getting in. If they get in they can beat ANYONE. Look what Yale did in 2013. Finding myself being a huge Alaska- Anchorage fan this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
    Rand also ran OC out on D at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Over the last 4-5 minutes the top 2 lines saw little or no ice. No need for them to get banged around.

Leave a comment:

• QUFan
    replied

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    "Ugh!! Tells me shoulder....deep bruise, which impacts range of motion and overall performance. That was a BIG hit from SWEEZEY....Once again, Yale and/or Harvard big hit knocks the speed out of the Bobcat lineup....this was a clean hit....hope it is not rotator cuff but that can take easily month to heal and restore range of motion time frame is closer to 8 - 10 weeks!

Once Aint Lawrence University resorted to thug-hockey, Bobcats woke up and ran up the score..Karlis clearly had his bell rung with that nasty hit and the team responded....Jayden Lee has big future here and made positive impact....being 18-19 your gift is that you heal quicker than 25 year olds and you happen to be at one other best Physical Therapy Universities on the planet....get well and get back to where you once belonged.....
    Rand also ran OC out on D at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SnowDogFlyer
    replied

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
    he was sitting behind me on friday and was wearing a sling. like his game a lot, hope he sees the ice again soon
    "Ugh!! Tells me shoulder....deep bruise, which impacts range of motion and overall performance. That was a BIG hit from SWEEZEY....Once again, Yale and/or Harvard big hit knocks the speed out of the Bobcat lineup....this was a clean hit....hope it is not rotator cuff but that can take easily month to heal and restore range of motion time frame is closer to 8 - 10 weeks!

Once Aint Lawrence University resorted to thug-hockey, Bobcats woke up and ran up the score..Karlis clearly had his bell rung with that nasty hit and the team responded....Jayden Lee has big future here and made positive impact....being 18-19 your gift is that you heal quicker than 25 year olds and you happen to be at one other best Physical Therapy Universities on the planet....get well and get back to where you once belonged.....

Leave a comment:

• IsThereADog
    replied

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Any update on Lee?
    he was sitting behind me on friday and was wearing a sling. like his game a lot, hope he sees the ice again soon

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

Weekend in Review: Clarkson/St. Lawrence

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...-lawrence.html

Leave a comment:

• ZYanksRule
    replied

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    No doubt. I talked to someone who covers the ECAC who was at the Clarkson game and he said that QU got no luck in that Clarkson game and is a dangerous team heading into the tournament.
    We're third in the ECAC despite an awful first half of the year. If that doesn't give you optimism for what this group is capable of, then I can't help you. No reason to think they can't at least get to Lake Placid.

Leave a comment:

• SnowDogFlyer
    replied

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    No doubt. I talked to someone who covers the ECAC who was at the Clarkson game and he said that QU got no luck in that Clarkson game and is a dangerous team heading into the tournament.
    We all know what it is like to come into the post season, the ECAC as the front runner: lot of pressure!

Coming in somewhat under the radar with not as much to lose makes this team dangerous but the team that played these past 2 weeks is not the team we are still flush with optimism for this year....I keep saying this, Jayden Lee and Desi, healthy and on their game gives this team 3 - 4 lines of depth. If they only have 2 - 3 lines of depth, my feeling is this becomes building year or bridge year to the beginning of a several year run where we expect them to run the table from September on.

Their passing was very nice this weekend. But, you are getting more ice time for Chorney and McGee and no breakout Defensive lines, this have to say we have seen Michael Lombardi up his game quite a bit lately, as well....good to see, but we need healthy team and full depth and hopefully we can get these guys back and on the ice healthy again. Any update on Lee?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X