UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Hey, what’s the story with the kid last night scoring the first 2 pts?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
      .....The candidates he listed were Barr (UMass asst), Cam Ellsworth (Norwich), Kris Mayotte (Michigan asst), Tim Whitehead (former Maine coach who is coaching a prep school I think), David Lassonde (Dartmouth asst), Josh Hauge (Clarkson asst), Ben Syer (Cornell asst), Joe Dumais (Quinnipiac asst), Eric Lang (AIC), Keith Fisher (Penn St asst), Gary Heenan (Utica), Fred Harbinson (Penicton BCHL), Anthony Noreen (Tri City USHL), Peter Mannino (Des Moines USHL) and Seth Appert at USNDT and former RPI coach.
      I have no idea what UVM's short list will look like, but here's what Heenan has been up to at Utica with his 23-2-2 squad as they continue the push toward NCAA's: 7 players with 20+ points. 6 players with 10+ goals, plenty of speed and outstanding goaltending. #1 in Pairwise #3 in country. I sure would bring him in for a looooong talk....all the guy does is build winning teams. (Note: I am not related to, nor do I represent him ! Ha ha.)
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Hey, what’s the story with the kid last night scoring the first 2 pts?
        He was a prized UVM basketball recruit from Indiana who suffered a traumatic brain injury his senior year of high school...literally had to learn to walk and talk again. UVM coaches did a genuinely remarkable thing and honored his schaloarship -- when and if he was able to attend college.

4+ years later, they honored him last might for his long recovery ...he suited up and started the game for the Cats vs. UAlbany. He'll graduate this May.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ht/4867505002/
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          He was a prized UVM basketball recruit from Indiana who suffered a traumatic brain injury his senior year of high school...literally had to learn to walk and talk again. UVM coaches did a genuinely remarkable thing and honored his schaloarship -- when and if he was able to attend college.

4+ years later, they honored him last might for his long recovery ...he suited up and started the game for the Cats vs. UAlbany. He'll graduate this May.

great empathy UVM! What a class act story.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

It's over. It's finally over.

Has to be one of the most brutal seasons of hockey I've ever witnessed. 2011-2012 is the only one that might have been worse. Really excited for this offseason to begin. Looking forward to hearing some rumors on this coaching search, although we'll probably have to wait for real news until teams wrap up in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Very nice story( other than he got badly hurt), got play here in Maine.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
              X