UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Coaching is EVERYTHING. The Gutt is a beautiful barn, the school is good, the league is very good. Every school that is not in Boston and plays in the Beanpot has those disadvantages, but BU underperforms. UVM lacks nothing compared to Providence or UMass or Maine or Clarkson or Lowell or UConn. A school NEEDS a Casey Jones or Nate Leaman or Norm Bazin or Greg Carvel, a great coach that kids want to play for and will get better under. It is ALL about the coach and the opportunities he gives aspiring players.

Kevin Sneddon went off the rails in 2009-10 and he has run an unstable, inconsistent, destructive program ever since. While his program has flailed, he has chewed up and spit out dozens of young men. The players came and went, the fans came and went, only Kevin Sneddon stays on.

Coaching is EVERYTHING. UVM Hockey (1-11-2) = Kevin Sneddon

A good coaching hire can turn UVM into a contender easily and quickly.

Comment

Not sure why you think nine of the 12 ECAC programs have some sort of systematic advantage over UVM. I can see Harvard and Cornell, who have great historical success. But the other four Ivies aren’t great programs over time, and really don’t understand RPI, Union and Colgate. They have systematic advantages over all the HE teams except BC and BU? Can’t buy that. They haven’t shown it on the ice that’s for sure.

UVM should be a top-6 team in HE on a consistent basis with the right coach.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious Sneddon should get walking papers sooner rather than later. But I must note that Grantfan is Mike Milo from previous posts, right? You admit this Mike/Grantfan? Weren't you "Diligaf" on Cornell forum back in the day as well? Pretty sure your son was known to be the worst teammate ever at Cornell so Schafe cut him. No idea about UVM, but shame on Sneddon if he took him after his legacy at Cornell. I just googled Michael Milo and saw he is a lawyer...interesting read. Son must be proud

Comment

jfromvt-

You could be right on Ivies, I was just thinking of it from a very personal perspective...If i was a top recruit and I had the opportunity to get an Ivy education and still play college hockey I would absolutely do that over attending a non Ivy. But I acknowledge not everyone thinks that way, and also that the Ivies have somewhat of a disadvantage through lack of scholarships.

I may be nuts, but I just don't think choosing one college hockey program over another gets you more exposure or helps you draft-wise, assuming you have not already been drafted. Nobody with top level talent is hiding somewhere on a college team not getting seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustbunny04 View Post
            I think it's pretty obvious Sneddon should get walking papers sooner rather than later. But I must note that Grantfan is Mike Milo from previous posts, right? You admit this Mike/Grantfan? Weren't you "Diligaf" on Cornell forum back in the day as well? Pretty sure your son was known to be the worst teammate ever at Cornell so Schafe cut him. No idea about UVM, but shame on Sneddon if he took him after his legacy at Cornell. I just googled Michael Milo and saw he is a lawyer...interesting read. Son must be proud
            whether he is or not makes no difference to me or any of us even if there is some axe to grind against Sneddon fact is Milos ended up being right about Sneddy in terms of messing around with the aid packages and string kids along before leaving them high and dry for shiny new toys. ask Packy Munson and others who left too! Sneddon sent his booklicks to smear the Milos to everyone and even if Justin had issues being bad teammate and is repsonsible for his actions the level Sneddon went to make sure the kid never got chance was petty doesn't seem like Shafer went out his way to ruin kids life once he left Cornell does it?! and not the last time he's done to others or his detractor! Are you one of the many he has sent to find the fans online and in person who have question him? The man spent whole year trying to find out who some people were like Catmandoo who post here. you ask around the story of Sneddon promising kids one thing and doing another in this frame which along other things you can see how the results went. Sneddon smeared kids who left the team! Sneddon acted like he was god gift to hockey and big time many people and burnt bridges and now program is absolute rock bottom!

Comment

UVM is giving away tickets to the games on the 28th or 29th if you go to the Skate with the Captains event on the 27th: https://uvmathletics.com/news/2019/1...mount-cup.aspx

Comment

No one cares one bit now..... let's hope they lose out the season for the kids sake..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                  No one cares one bit now..... let's hope they lose out the season for the kids sake..
                  Seems that mookie left you off his HEA "Merry Christmas" list earlier today, so Merry Christmas. I feel your pain. Things will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Seems that mookie left you off his HEA "Merry Christmas" list earlier today, so Merry Christmas. I feel your pain. Things will get better.
                    Thanks.. it isn't the losing it is the how ..

Comment

• Congrats on winning your tounament!!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Congrats on winning your tounament!!!
                        Does this get Sneddon an extension? 😂
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Congrats on winning your tounament!!!
                          Thanks. Somehow, someway they were able to find two teams worse than us.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Does this get Sneddon an extension? 😂
                            Good lord, my worst fear is Schulman's gonna use meaningless wins like these to justify more time for Sneddon.

Comment

Nice win last night. 3 periods of good effort. Lekkas won the game. LSSU spent the night taking runs at him trying to get into his head. It did not work Ace Cowans and Stefanos Lekkas should be Hockey East players of the week.

Did not see the game on Saturday. Sunday's game was fun to watch and could have easily been a loss if the team had played undisciplined hockey or had a let down. Some nice transition passing through the middle of the ice. Need to cut back on the the rink wide passes. Nice to see Carter Long starting to play better (didn't realize he broke his foot last summer). The defense did a much better job making plays at the blue line instead of backing in on Lekkas.

Still looking for a Hockey East win...

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                Good lord, my worst fear is Schulman's gonna use meaningless wins like these to justify more time for Sneddon.
                                Don't put anything past the guy. People joke but if they manage to go say .400 in winning percentage the rest of the year (that's just about 7 wins from here on out) well that's better that's better than the .050 they had heading into this weekend against teams just as terrible. I really want to believe Sneddon is done no matter what happens but the only way I believe it is when it's actually done and think they're probably looking for ways to keep him which is sad that the program is that far down that I don't even think its self-respecting.

It's nice that they won against two very bad teams to let us know they can compete at their level against the dregs of Division 1. But if you're asking where the wins are going to continue to come from I don't see anything that tells me a lot more are coming. Possible vs Yale and maybe Dartmouth but they are likely better maybe RPI but that's a road game so who knows. Only team I think they actually can get another sweep off of is Merrimack in the league. They'll get a fluke win or two probably but if they win more than 5 league games this year I'd be shocked...and we'll have 3 more years of Sneddon obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X