Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    After tonight.. let them coach themselves..
    I would pay the bus driver the cost of a pair of season tickets to hockey games to leave Sneddon behind on the next road trip!
    That or someone just leave him in the bar where he and the coaches booze it up after games because they don't care either!

Comment

On the bright side we scored 4 goals. When was the last time that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
        On the bright side we scored 4 goals. When was the last time that happened?
        I know it's a rhetorical question, but February 9 against unh, a 4-1 win. Guelph game notwithstanding
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Pop Quiz: Name players in the last 10 years who played better as seniors than they did as freshman. My list is pretty short:

Ori Abramson

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            Pop Quiz: Name players in the last 10 years who played better as seniors than they did as freshman. My list is pretty short:

Ori Abramson
            Great point, although there may be a few other outliers. And further, compare that lack of development (to be polite) to the player development that happens at other HE programs. The current situation isn’t fair to the players. They’ve all worked their asses off to get where they are, and they deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post

Ori Abramson
              I haven't done any research on this, but how bout Chris McCarthy? I remember him having a really strong senior season and propelled Cats to the NCAA tourney, the last team to make it there. Also, how about Stalberg, if you count his Jr. year (after which he left) as his Sr. year?

Comment

If we count V Stahlberg's (and Abramson's) junior seasons, then let's count Brady Shaw's 19 goal sophomore season, after which he.......

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
                  If we count V Stahlberg's (and Abramson's) junior seasons, then let's count Brady Shaw's 19 goal sophomore season, after which he.......
                  You can probably add Wahs Stacey to the Brady Shaw category....

Comment

McCarthy definitely improved at UVM. Brady Shaw used to drive me crazy because how he finished checks pretty much guaranteed a trip to the penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      McCarthy definitely improved at UVM. Brady Shaw used to drive me crazy because how he finished checks pretty much guaranteed a trip to the penalty box.
                      19 goals as a sophomore! Yes, those PIMs really sucked, so suck the life out of him. Brickley's NHL physical game drew tonnes of penalties, just minus the goals. Shaw is now showing in Ft. Wayne (ECHL) that the aberration in his career were his junior and senior seasons under Sneddon. As is Anthony Petruzzelli showing that his years under Sneddon were the aberration in his hockey career. Maybe nobody more than Rob Hamilton!

Comment

Sadly, I just can't see UVM firing Sneddon in the middle of the season although at this point I don't see how Schulman can give him a new contract either. Attendance has been dismal and having gone from an 8 year waiting list to a half filled rink is pretty hard to overlook for what was the Universities flagship athletics team. Maybe we can just get Becker to pull double duty for the rest of the season... he couldn't possible do any worse.

But something has to change soon or the women's team will be outdrawing the men's.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Sadly, I just can't see UVM firing Sneddon in the middle of the season although at this point I don't see how Schulman can give him a new contract either. Attendance has been dismal and having gone from an 8 year waiting list to a half filled rink is pretty hard to overlook for what was the Universities flagship athletics team. Maybe we can just get Becker to pull double duty for the rest of the season... he couldn't possible do any worse.

But something has to change soon or the women's team will be outdrawing the men's.
                          Baseball will be outdrawing the men's...

Comment

haha wow this one from USCHO.com website! https://www.uscho.com/2019/12/12/aft...ining-through/

gives UVM a D? hahah must be the last Sneddon defender left there is no way you can say this season so far anything but F for grade. Says this is improved team and more fun to watch and look for UVM to upset good teams in second half is he even watching same team that is too funny!! what a joke that writer is!
                            This team will be lucky to win 5 hockey East game to even match their win total from last year! I am not sure they can get to 5 wins for the season! better watch out though that 'second half improve ment' might me 5 more years with a fresh extension on the table!!

Comment

Unconfirmed - but received a message elsewhere suggesting that someone is entering the transfer portal
                              Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 12-12-2019, 10:08 PM.
                              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                                Unconfirmed - but received a message elsewhere suggesting that someone is entering the transfer portal

Comment

Working...
                                X