X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    of course not!
    Meanwhile his coach is out there calling fans who are sick of his LOSING a bunch of nobodies! pathetic! I had this tweet sent to me from WpTZ https://***********/i/web/status/1222608869651886087
    Everyone knows that the long suffering UVM fans are nothing but a bunch of "Deplorables...!"

Ha ha.... I'm kidding !
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Everyone knows that the long suffering UVM fans are nothing but a bunch of "Deplorables...!"

Ha ha.... I'm kidding !
      Haha, I think we're a "basket" of deplorables.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Haha, I think we're a "basket" of deplorables.
        Nah. It just means that UVM is now a basketball school.

Comment

• I’ve seen zero negative discussion about the players (just the opposite in fact). I’d actually argue D1 college hockey coaches are more in the player development business than the win/loss business. Under Sneddon, business has not been good.

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
          of course not!
          Meanwhile his coach is out there calling fans who are sick of his LOSING a bunch of nobodies! pathetic! I had this tweet sent to me from WpTZ https://***********/i/web/status/1222608869651886087

Comment

The most telling comment was "we are in the win / loss business." Well Sneddon you have effectively bankrupted the business. Literally, you are losing the school $20K / home game and have ****ed away a five year waiting list for season tickets.

The fact you haven't resigned on your own shows just how little you do actually 'get it.' Perhaps we people need to start bringing signs to the game that read "Fire Sneddon." When the 2500 people who actually do show up come with pitchforks, it will be hard for Schulman to deny a change.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Sounds like Sneddon is asking to have a little more positivity surrounding the program. How's this..... this team has the opportunity to do something that's never been done before! I was looking through the archives on the standings page on the Hockey East site. In the history of Hockey East no team has ever finished a season with less than 3 points, and only one team has ever finished a season with less than 5 points. At our current pace, falling short of these milestones is well within reach!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                The most telling comment was "we are in the win / loss business." Well Sneddon you have effectively bankrupted the business. Literally, you are losing the school $20K / home game and have ****ed away a five year waiting list for season tickets.

The fact you haven't resigned on your own shows just how little you do actually 'get it.' Perhaps we people need to start bringing signs to the game that read "Fire Sneddon." When the 2500 people who actually do show up come with pitchforks, it will be hard for Schulman to deny a change.
                Love this post. If I was still in VT I'd totally do that but unfortunately I'm not. In my opinion, I think the fans should be more active on social media with their views on Sneddon. Most twitter posts only have a few fans expressing their opinions on the current product,which makes it easier to ignore or dismiss.

Comment

HAs it really been over a year since we won a HE game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey NoNo View Post
                    HAs it really been over a year since we won a HE game?
                    Almost. 2/9/19 was our last HE win, over UNH
                    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      Almost. 2/9/19 was our last HE win, over UNH
                      It’s ok. Sneddon understands he’s in the “win/loss business”. We idiot fans just need to understand he’s focusing on the “loss” side of the business. After all, most of us haven’t even coached.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                        It’s ok. Sneddon understands he’s in the “win/loss business”. We idiot fans just need to understand he’s focusing on the “loss” side of the business. After all, most of us haven’t even coached.
                        No, actually, I think it was most of us haven’t “dared” to coach. Oh Sneds, you’re so courageous!

Comment

I don't usually listen to these guys because they are mostly idiot sports talk guys with topics that don't interest me but the local radio station picked up on Sneddon's comments and while I was not surprised one guy basically said that UVM can't compete because they have the lowest budget in the league and bad facilities and blah blah the others mostly said stuff any of us would say that this is a culture and coaching problem. Starts at around the 7:30 mark on the Full Show 1-30 https://www.1013thegame.com/audio-vault/

I think if anything all those comments Sneddon made prove that he's as full of himself and petty like people have been saying for years.

Comment

UVM has become the team that you can start your freshman goalie against. It was nice to see an engaged student section cheering for the team. Interesting watching yet another coach talking to his players during the breaks while Sneddon and Patrick either yell at the refs or stand behind the bench with their arms crossed in front of them. Kept expecting Sneddon to glance at his watch.

Also curious why Ace Cowans doesn't get on the ice during the 4 on 4s. He is consistently one of the fastest, hardest working play makers on the team. Weird choice to keep him on the bench when there is more space available on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                              I don't usually listen to these guys because they are mostly idiot sports talk guys with topics that don't interest me but the local radio station picked up on Sneddon's comments and while I was not surprised one guy basically said that UVM can't compete because they have the lowest budget in the league and bad facilities and blah blah the others mostly said stuff any of us would say that this is a culture and coaching problem. Starts at around the 7:30 mark on the Full Show 1-30 https://www.1013thegame.com/audio-vault/

I think if anything all those comments Sneddon made prove that he's as full of himself and petty like people have been saying for years.
                              I listened, thanks for posting this. It's a bit disheartening that UVM's hockey program is being out-spent by most every school in HE. I feel the school really doesn't care about hockey anymore. It's all about basketball now, as evidenced by that team getting a beautiful new facility, while hockey gets a second refurb of the Gut. Maybe I'm mistaken, but we'll see exactly how much they care with the coaching decision after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                I listened, thanks for posting this. It's a bit disheartening that UVM's hockey program is being out-spent by most every school in HE. I feel the school really doesn't care about hockey anymore. It's all about basketball now, as evidenced by that team getting a beautiful new facility, while hockey gets a second refurb of the Gut. Maybe I'm mistaken, but we'll see exactly how much they care with the coaching decision after the season.
                                Well the whole athletic department made big budget cuts a year or two ago. Could be the the administrators feel like there's no point spending resources on a losing program and slashed the hockey budget? They did with the staff I believe because they made Sneddon promote Jeff Hill when Wallack left because he got his salaries slashed. Of course that would be the exact opposite message Schulman is saying to the public about support for his coach. I would love to see them have more money in the budget but there are ECAC and Atlantic Hockey and WCHA teams that have lower budgets than UVM and still do better. This is why I believe the next coach needs to have strong player development and identification and able to do more with less and doesn't whine about it instead is a grinder which is the opposite of Sneddon who wants to hang out at the country club all summer instead of going to events and recruiting. You win and the money will come men's basketball has proven that because they got its coaching position endowed. I would think there's a reason that the men's hockey job is not endowed and it's because the coach. I would not even be shocked that once they hired a new coach if they announce an endowment for the position which helps the budget numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X