LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

I swear watching the Lakers you get the impression that the players have never played with each other before . Again, allow the freshman goalie to play tonight. The coaching staff drafted the kid, and so play him and let us see why he was drafted by Lake State .

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
      It is becoming apparent that the program has one competitive season in every five years or so. This is not sustainable. Fan apathy is at an all time high. There just doesn't seem to be anything exciting about the team, the recruiting or even the league anymore. The team's play last night just drives another nail into the coffin. Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????
      When I walked into the Slate last night two buses were disgorging a bunch of Laker fans. Though there wasn’t a lot for them to cheer about, the Lakers were well represented last night.

Comment

I still have hope. Last season really helped. It proved LSSU can still win 20+, can recruit players who can lead the NCAAs in goals, and can do nice things like win the GLI.

Unfortunately this season has sucked giving up way too many goals, especially early in games. It’s frustrating, for sure, but I do think the worst days of this program are behind us despite how bad this year has been so far.

Comment

Big win for the Lakers. They held an opponent to 1 goal. They won a tough road game. A split at BG is a very good result.

I was gone this evening and didn't hear the game. Did it sound like they played pretty solid most of the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Big win for the Lakers. They held an opponent to 1 goal. They won a tough road game. A split at BG is a very good result.

I was gone this evening and didn't hear the game. Did it sound like they played pretty solid most of the game?
            I was at the game and I can say that the Lakers played physical and the effort tonight was fantastic. Mitens played about as well as he can and BG was definitely frustrated. Great win and great road fan presence!

Comment

It looked like there were a lot of Laker fans near where the glass broke last night. Great showing and finally a complete game by the Lakers.

Comment

Good win and now they need to show they can play the way they did every weekend and if they can,they will climb back up in the standings .

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                  It looked like there were a lot of Laker fans near where the glass broke last night. Great showing and finally a complete game by the Lakers.
                  Yeah that was us. About 15 people.

Comment

The Laker players need to come out better
                    prepared on Fridays.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

From the LHS, some good news. Jacob Nordqvist likely will be ready to play this weekend. Also, Brayden Gelsinger is making a lot faster progress than expected; he's skating again and apparently may be able to play before too much longer. It was first feared he would be out for the season, or at least until late in the season.

Comment

The Lakers are falling behind far too many games early. They need to score first and play with the lead and stop spending so much time chasing.

Comment

Play the freshman goalie. Does it matter if he gives up 4 goals or Mittens. You are beginning to see the separation of the good teams and the bad teams in the WCHA and each week the points are going to become more and more crucial .

Comment

Well it wasn't an actual win but it was nice to see the Lakers come back and tie the game and then get the extra point in the second OT, especially after being down by 2 goals until midway in the 3rd period.

Comment

I see Saccoman didn't play Saturday. Hopefully he can play at Minnesota State coming up.

Lakers have a 1-7-0 record on Fridays. Ouch.
                              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 12-01-2019, 01:34 AM.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

It is not hard to see why MN.State is ranked number one. Out of 28 players,25 are from the USHL,with 2 more from the BCHL and the last from the AJHL .

Comment

Working...
                                X