X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Boring game.
    I went to the game and was so ******ed. Not so much the result, because I half expected it, as the lackadaisical and disinterested play. So when I got home I watched the DVR of the last two state high school semifinal games. I really didn't care which teams won, but I marveled at how hard all those kids tried...TOTAL TEAM EFFORT AND INTENSITY BY EVERYONE, like their seasons depended on it, which of course they did. Well, tonight, the Gophers' LACK of team effort and intensity was such a stark contrast from the high school kids, it made it even more of turnoff for this longtime Gopher hockey supporter. Why in the world would you not try your hardest when your season is literally on the line?

Something is wrong, and when their season ends in a day or two, some serious evaluation and soul-searching needs to begin to take place. I'm still hoping we have the right head coach to right the ship, but the next two seasons are crucial: we should expect to see the team take two big steps forward.
    Last edited by D2D; 03-07-2020, 01:30 AM.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

These are dark times for Gopher Hockey. Fans losing interest at an alarming rate and the program seems to lack urgency at every opportune time.

This is not good.

Comment

Put these things in order of when they will happen:
        UND gets to 10
        UMN gets to 6
        UMD gets to 5
        MNSU gets 1
        SCSU gets 1

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I went to the game and was so ******ed. Not so much the result, because I half expected it, as the lackadaisical and disinterested play. So when I got home I watched the DVR of the last two state high school semifinal games. I really didn't care which teams won, but I marveled at how hard all those kids tried...TOTAL TEAM EFFORT AND INTENSITY BY EVERYONE, like their seasons depended on it, which of course they did. Well, tonight, the Gophers' LACK of team effort and intensity was such a stark contrast from the high school kids, it made it even more of turnoff for this longtime Gopher hockey supporter. Why in the world would you not try your hardest when your season is literally on the line?

Something is wrong, and when their season ends in a day or two, some serious evaluation and soul-searching needs to begin to take place. I'm still hoping we have the right head coach to right the ship, but the next two seasons are crucial: we should expect to see the team take two big steps forward.
          It seems to me that every year I am suckered into watching these best of three playoffs ( which is a format I HATE ) because I have a greater interest in Gopher hockey than random HS hockey, and EVERY GOSH DARN TIME I come away feeling flat and then, like you D2D, watch some of the HS tourney and just shake my head at the night and day passion. Grrr. Tonight, it's Eden Prairie / Hill Murray or bust! To heck with the Gophers, unless of course they win the next three.
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Put these things in order of when they will happen:
            UND gets to 10
            UMN gets to 6
            UMD gets to 5
            MNSU gets 1
            SCSU gets 1
            Well we will be able to count on you to keep track whatever happens.

Comment

Hey, hey! The Gophers live to see another day. Outplayed again by ND on the slow start, but they battled harder as the game went on to eke out a W. Slow starts drive coaches bonkers. A little puck luck helped too with ND hitting three pipes.

It's do or end of season for both teams with identical records (15-14-7) tonight. Need more cowbell.

According to Motzko, he called a staffmember yesterday to see if they still had the "WOOGER" jerseys. He was told they've auctioned them off but haven't sent them out yet. "Good", he said, "we're wearing them tonight!". When asked by the media after the game if there is some luck involved in wearing them, he said, "Hey they've been workin', and it's playoff time we gotta do somethin'. We're gonna wear 'em tomorrow night too".
              Last edited by SteveO; 03-08-2020, 06:05 AM.

Comment

What happened to the guy who looked like a men among boys, unstoppable a month ago. Seems like the decline in Gopher effort coincides with Ranta coming to earth. Not that I am saying that Ranta is the only thing that made this team look like one that could beat anyone on a given night a month or so ago, just that both Ranta and team have really gone backwards at same time. Instead of Gophs out-hustling opponents, now I feel like most players are waiting for someone else to make a play. Show the team video of Hill Murray's effort last night and ask them if they think they can match the kids intensity.

BTW- wht channel tonight? Not on my guide. Need to record as I play tonight.

(And yes, even though Gophs are my number one team to follow, after Friday game I chose to record last nights game and watch HS live. Although, having my Alma Mata playing also figured into equation.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  What happened to the guy who looked like a men among boys, unstoppable a month ago. Seems like the decline in Gopher effort coincides with Ranta coming to earth. Not that I am saying that Ranta is the only thing that made this team look like one that could beat anyone on a given night a month or so ago, just that both Ranta and team have really gone backwards at same time. Instead of Gophs out-hustling opponents, now I feel like most players are waiting for someone else to make a play. Show the team video of Hill Murray's effort last night and ask them if they think they can match the kids intensity.

BTW- wht channel tonight? Not on my guide. Need to record as I play tonight.

(And yes, even though Gophs are my number one team to follow, after Friday game I chose to record last nights game and watch HS live. Although, having my Alma Mata playing also figured into equation.)
                  FS2, according to the B10 website.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

I was able to find four tickets for tonight's game.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      I was able to find four tickets for tonight's game.
                      Lucky you. Did you have to pay extra? Just make sure you sit in assigned seats so you don't have to move during play when the place fills up.

Comment

Lucky you. Did you have to pay extra? Just make sure you sit in assigned seats so you don't have to move during play when the place fills up.
                        We had to split up but I found four.

Comment

1. On Friday night just before the start of the 3rd I moved to a different section, hoping it might bring some luck. Didn't work!
                          2. On Saturday night I decided to not go to the game (still ) and lo and behold THEY WON!
                          3. So tonight I'm again going with Strategy 2 - will again stay home - hoping that this strategy (which I'll call "Bringing the Bad Luck to the Irish") repeats itself.
                          Last edited by D2D; 03-08-2020, 05:49 PM.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Despite the sparse crowd the atmosphere was pretty good. Hats of to the band, they were fantastic and it seemed they were able to play a lot more than they do in regular season games.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              a
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                                According to Motzko, he called a staffmember yesterday to see if they still had the "WOOGER" jerseys. He was told they've auctioned them off but haven't sent them out yet. "Good", he said, "we're wearing them tonight!". When asked by the media after the game if there is some luck involved in wearing them, he said, "Hey they've been workin', and it's playoff time we gotta do somethin'. We're gonna wear 'em tomorrow night too".
                                Did they really wear them again this weekend? That’s legitimately the best story I’ve heard this whole season
                                Last edited by UMD21; 03-09-2020, 08:37 AM.
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X