Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Okay so what is the probability of them making the tournament if they go 3-1 or 3-2 the next two weekends?

"Need help" doesn't really tell much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Okay so what is the probability of them making the tournament if they go 3-1 or 3-2 the next two weekends?

"Need help" doesn't really tell much.
      Consider this:
      The #12 and #20 PWR teams are separated by about .0100 in RPI. That's the equivalent of slightly more than 2 wins or 2 losses for the right teams. With how many teams are in between there, it's rally complicated to make predictions. However, right off the top of my head.....
      Winning 2 of 3 this weekend, and then losing the BIG Championship game probably doesn't lift the RPI enough (that would be 3-2)
      Sweeping and then losing the Semi also probably doesn't help enough (that would be 2-1)
      However, sweeping and then losing the Finals (3-1) might be enough.

Too much depends on "No upsets in other tournaments".

Comment

This is what happens when you don't include playoff games in the season ticket package in a conference no one likes. If they don't include them for next year after this, wow.

Comment

Gophers look sluggish tonight. Just two shots on goal in the first? Better pick it up quick!
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Forgive me for no longer believing this team can contend for a title next year. The skill is just lacking. Or maybe more importantly the effort.

While across town the Bulldog and Whioux recruits score and score.
            Last edited by Bonin21; 03-06-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

8 shots through 50 minutes

Comment

Hopefully not a Burke type injury that derails Perbix's career like that.

Comment

• JFC.....Gopher hockey is dead.
                  This has to be the worst stretch of years in.....well, forever.
                  National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

If the Gophers lose tomorrow, I don't think I can give this season anything higher than a D or D-. Last year was a C because it was Motzko's first year. But under .500 is not acceptable for Gopher hockey. Because this season should have higher weight, it's looking like a D+ overall right now for Motzko's first two years.

The Big Ten has Gopher hockey on life support after hurting the program for seven years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      8 shots through 50 minutes
                      The Jeff Jackson put you to sleep plan still working!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        The Jeff Jackson put you to sleep plan still working!
                        Did N Dame play 5 on the blue line once they got the lead?

One team scored 9 goals tonight, the other 5 teams combined for 5 goals
                        Boy does this conference need a talent infusion on offense.

Comment

It's been a while since I've seen a full 60 min of UGLY DUCKLING HOCKEY. Indeed, that was pathetic. I'm not about to give ND's D any accolades when overall the Gophers made it too easy for the Golden Domers and appeared to have NO sense of urgency, NO chemistry and NO answers. One month ago they were riding a 5 game winning streak, then suddenly the wheels come off and they're in a death spiral (1-4-3). We've seen this Jekyll/Hyde charade far too much in recent years and man is it growing old! As far as I'm concerned the staff can drive home with impunity as this nightmare is clearly on the players and they better feel as embarrassed as those of us who had to watch this **** show tonight.

Two SOG in the first period??? and 12 total SOG is by far the worst offensive output of the 2019-20 season. For the third weekend in a row, the Gophers had an opportunity to move up the PWR and again they couldn't get it done. Not surprising though when the offense averages less than 2 Gs/game in their last 8 and the team looks like they're not sure why they're there. The fans certainly weren't. Not sure how accurate the attendance numbers are, but I read 2012 butts in the seats for a 1st round playoff game? But then again the no-shows didn't miss much.

So they've squandered a second half surge and now face elimination and an end to a tortured season tomorrow night unless they find another gear. Let's see how bad they want it.

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                          Did N Dame play 5 on the blue line once they got the lead?

One team scored 9 goals tonight, the other 5 teams combined for 5 goals
                          Boy does this conference need a talent infusion on offense.
                          They played a neutral zone trap that collapsed into a prevent box on the blueline. The B1G does not have any consistently good teams this season...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            If the Gophers lose tomorrow, I don't think I can give this season anything higher than a D or D-. Last year was a C because it was Motzko's first year. But under .500 is not acceptable for Gopher hockey. Because this season should have higher weight, it's looking like a D+ overall right now for Motzko's first two years.

The Big Ten has Gopher hockey on life support after hurting the program for seven years now.
                            I've mentioned before under much duress from the "Motzko is our Gopher messiah" crowd, that Bob has been notorious for not getting his teams up for big games. Correction: B1G games...as of late. Blaming the B1G is a cop out.

Comment

• What in the flying **** was that?
                              ND looked terrible and the Gophers looked competely inept. Across the entire lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                What in the flying **** was that?
                                ND looked terrible and the Gophers looked competely inept. Across the entire lineup.
                                ND looked bad, but at least they managed some puck possession. Gopher's puck possession consisted of watching LaCombe on several occasions do a stickhandling demonstration...and then lose the puck. The Gophers Dump, Give away and Retreat mode was stuck on full throttle. There was very little forecheck. Boring game.

Comment

Working...
                                X