Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Badger fans should be ASHAMED! Considering how poorly attended Gopher games are these days, Mariucci could have been a sea of red. In other news, good win.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

After the game last night when they announced the three stars, he didn't move his arm at all. This wasn't a stinger.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

He's listed first on the line chart which usually indicates the starter for the Gophers and if he was hurt he wouldn't be suiting up.

Comment

I was too inept to figure out how to reply on my cell today from the deerstand, so I'll ask again: anyway to watch the Saturday Michigan game (DVR issues) online? It looks like available on BTN+, but I was hoping for a free service. I do get BTN with my cable, but seem to remember the plus costs more for everyone? nothing on Fox Sports App?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            He's listed first on the line chart which usually indicates the starter for the Gophers and if he was hurt he wouldn't be suiting up.
            He IS starting. I dunno if that is a statement that he isn't hurt, or if that is a decision he's the go-to guy, or what. Todd Milewski (WI reporter guy) noted that this is only the second time EVER that Laffer has started two games in a row. The first time? He was pulled after the first period in the second game.....
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Gophers had 29 BLKs compared to Wisc. 15 in Friday's 4-1 W. That's nearly twice the Gophers avg. this season at 16 BLKs/GP.

The following are rankings of teams with the most unblocked shot attempts allowed (USATA). Only 3 teams among these USATA bottom feeders currently have overall winning records. Those three teams (Robert Morris, Mass-Lowell and Maine) also have three of the highest ranked goaltenders in SV% among the top ten in the NCAA.

The top four teams in the PWR are in the top 14 in USATA, but have fewer BLKs/GP than the Gophers. Why? They have veteran players on the blueline that play better defense.

Considering the Gophers inexperience on the blueline here's the secret sauce: block more shots and increase your W%.

Unblocked Shot Attempts Allowed (USATA)

60 *Maine (7-5-2)/682
              59 Lake Superior (5-11-0)/658
              58 *Robert Morris (7-5-1)/654
              57 Minnesota (5-6-3)/644
              56 Alaska (8-8-0)/641
              55 Wisconsin (6-7-1)/637
              54 St. Lawrence (3-10-1)/635
              53 *Mass.-Lowell (7-3-4)/630
              52 Mercyhurst (4-8-0)/609

NCAA SV% Ranking

*4 Robert Morris/Justin Kapelmaster/.950 SV%
              *5 Mass-Lowell/Tyler Wall (NYR)/.944 SV%
              *8 Maine/Jeremy Swayman (BOS)/.937 SV%
              Last edited by SteveO; 11-25-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                Badger fans should be ASHAMED! Considering how poorly attended Gopher games are these days, Mariucci could have been a sea of red. In other news, good win.
                You can bet there will be a sea of green this coming series
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  You can bet there will be a sea of green this coming series

Comment

Well I haven't been good luck when attending, so I hope that changes on Thursday. Been to Duluth the last three years, and went to loss to Ferris last year. The Whioux look like they might be a decent team this year and MN still looks young, so I am afraid the string of not seeing victories live might continue. Know a traitor, I mean player, on the Whioux. Feel like Lucia when playing ND when Mario was there ('would like Mario to get a hat trick, and MN to win 4-3'). Want to see him do well, but not at expense of the Gophs. should at least be a lively atmosphere for a change, at least if it is somewhat close.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      Well I haven't been good luck when attending, so I hope that changes on Thursday. Been to Duluth the last three years, and went to loss to Ferris last year. The Whioux look like they might be a decent team this year and MN still looks young, so I am afraid the string of not seeing victories live might continue. Know a traitor, I mean player, on the Whioux. Feel like Lucia when playing ND when Mario was there ('would like Mario to get a hat trick, and MN to win 4-3'). Want to see him do well, but not at expense of the Gophs. should at least be a lively atmosphere for a change, at least if it is somewhat close.
                      I anticipate a good rivalry atmosphere with plenty of Whioux fans making the trip. UND and the Gophers are currently in the middle of a seven-year scheduling arrangement. This will be year 4 of that agreement. Hard to believe, but this rivalry goes back 90 years.

It's a good opportunity to catch these teams in action at Mariucci because it won't return until the 2021-22 season. The series will be played in Grand Forks during the 2020-21 and 2022-23 seasons to close out the current scheduling agreement.

UND looks like it has the potential to be a FF team, so this will be the biggest challenge for the Gophers thus far this season. The Gophers could pull out a W...stranger things have happened in rivalry games.

They're going to need the 7th man on the ice for this series...so Gopher fans digest your turkey and stuffing at the game and make some noise!

Comment

It's not hard to travel when you already live in the Twin Cities.

Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          Hard to believe, but this rivalry goes back 90 years.
                          Very hard to believe. Considering that North Dakota did not start its hockey program until 1946.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            It's not hard to travel when you already live in the Twin Cities.

Just saying.
                            Tell that to Gopher fans...unless they all live far away from the Twin Cities.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Tell that to Gopher fans...unless they all live far away from the Twin Cities.
                              Boom!!!!!!!!

Good chance the Nashville game is close to a sellout next October too. Must be a load of UND fans there too
                              Last edited by icehawk; 11-26-2019, 02:36 PM.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Boom!!!!!!!!

Good chance the Nashville game is close to a sellout next October too. Must be a load of UND fans there too
                                Meh. Haters gonna hate.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketbal...ton-notre-dame
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X