Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manurespreader
    replied
    Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Playoffs are set

Anchorage at Mankato
    Bowling Green at Alaska
    Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan
    Lake Superior State at Bemidji
    It's particularly appropriate that BG goes to Fairbanks.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Playoffs are set

Anchorage at Mankato
    Bowling Green at Alaska
    Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan
    Lake Superior State at Bemidji

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
    Okay? I am aware. My point was that there shouldn't be co champions if BSU wins three of four head-to-head matchups.
    Now you don't have to fret about it.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

I've been thinking about how teams hold on to a 1 goal lead and to me if you just defend, you are eventually going to get beat. So the key is to forecheck so well that the other team gets nothing going. Huntsville sat back last night with the lead and they got burned. NMU did not tonight and it worked out, ( luckily) for them.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I was thinking last night... how interesting/weird/cool would it be for MSU / BSU to end the regular season tied in points since they play each other the final weekend? Two teams awarded the MacNaughton Cup at the same game as co-champs... What a group photo opportunity.
    Don't forget the possible two-team group photo opp.

Leave a comment:

• Iwearpurple
    replied

Back on post 376, it mentioned the possibility of both teams being tied with points. Much as I would hate to see that, it is now a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

There is nothing wrong with being co-champions...jeez. #1 seed is all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Sure, you have a better record against Mankato than Mankato has against you, but you also have a worse record against everyone else than they do.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Big win! It's too bad there isn't a tiebreaker for the MacNaughton. If the Beavers pull out three points tomorrow night, that means in the four countable WCHA matchups, the Beavers would have won three. To me, that should be enough to be outright champs. If they split, I understand that, but there should be a head-to-head tiebreaker imo.
    Winning the Cup is strictly a pts total, but BSU would get the #1 playoff seed with a win tonight.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Okay? I am aware. My point was that there shouldn't be co champions if BSU wins three of four head-to-head matchups.
    That doesn't make sense. Sure, you have a better record against Mankato than Mankato has against you, but you also have a worse record against everyone else than they do.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

WCHA Standings heading into the final game:

1 Minnesota State 68
    2 Bemidji State 65
    3 Northern Michigan 47
    4 Alaska 46
    Bowling Green 46
    6 Michigan Tech 44
    7 Lake Superior State 38
    8 Alaska Anchorage 21
    9 Ferris State 17
    10 Alabama Huntsville 13

All we really know right now is that Mankato and Bemidji will be hosting Lake Superior State and Anchorage. Lake Superior is locked in at 7 and Anchorage is locked in at 8.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Now that's a mighty big IF.
    Bemidji is the only team to beat Mankato twice this year, and the Beavers are playing at home.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If Bemidji sweeps, they are co-champions and the #1 playoff seed.
    Now that's a mighty big IF.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

The team accumulating the most number of points in WCHA regular season League contests shall be the WCHA regular season champion.

If two (2) or more teams are tied for the WCHA regular season championship, they shall be considered co-champions. Seeding for the WCHA Postseason Tournament if two (2) or more teams have accumulated the same number of points shall be determined according to the following procedure:

a) If two (2) or more teams are tied, and all tied teams have played four (4) contests against one another, then the team with the highest accumulated points percentage from these head-to-head contests will be granted the higher seed.
    So they'd be co-champions at 68-68, but BSU would have the A tiebreaker and be the #1 seed. (I hate everything already.)

GFM

Leave a comment:

• BSUBeavs
    replied
    Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If Bemidji sweeps, they are co-champions and the #1 playoff seed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X