Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

there will be more, and hopefully plenty in the offseason, but for now, I need break.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Last Episode of the season:

MTU @ NMU (3:00)
    UAA @ MSUM (26:00)
    LSSU @ BSU (30:48)
    CCHA (35:52)
    WCHA Semifinal Predictions (45:09)
    Corona Virus (50:52)
    These were so much fun to listen to. Thanks for doing them.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Last Episode of the season:

MTU @ NMU (3:00)
    UAA @ MSUM (26:00)
    LSSU @ BSU (30:48)
    CCHA (35:52)
    WCHA Semifinal Predictions (45:09)
    Corona Virus (50:52)

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Not so fast, I highly doubt it happens but there is certainly talk of allowing this year's seniors a chance at championships. Time will tell what happens with this.
    Would be fantastic, but in Mankato’s case, If the scenario occurred, Michaelis would be gone for sure, and Tuomie likely as well. Add Connor Mackey in as a FA signing, and Mankato would have some reloading to do still... I would love to see Rivera, Scheid, and Gerard return, however.

If no eligibility is granted, the Mavs will be a really good team next year, but not likely a one seed in the NCAA tournament.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well for the year I had hoped the league as a whole would have won more interconference games. Sigh. Still We had several teams that were playing really good hockey and would have made some noise. The only team that could play with Mankato was UND honestly. Cornell might have gotten lucky, but they were not as good.
    What's the prognosis for next year? Especially for BG. What with a new coach and all.
    Not so fast, I highly doubt it happens but there is certainly talk of allowing this year's seniors a chance at championships. Time will tell what happens with this.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The WCHA just cancelled the rest of the playoffs.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php
    Well that sucks for MnSU and BSU. Both teams had a real shot to win a game in the NCAA.

For us Tech fans, we ended the season with a dramatic win over our arch rivals in 3OT that ended their season. While it isn't a WCHA or NCAA outright championship, it was a high note.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well for the year I had hoped the league as a whole would have won more interconference games. Sigh. Still We had several teams that were playing really good hockey and would have made some noise. The only team that could play with Mankato was UND honestly. Cornell might have gotten lucky, but they were not as good.
    What's the prognosis for next year? Especially for BG. What with a new coach and all.
    We lose our best player and our defense will be a little shaky but all of our scoring is back.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    davyd83, were you privy to any facts the officials didn't see on the Tech goal called back for offside? What's your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was not. And I didn’t have a look at the same replays they did.

Leave a comment:

• BSUBeavs
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Really surprised they went with canceled and not suspended. But I guess they can't force the kids to stick around to play a prolonged season when things resume late spring/early summer.
    I'm not. This is going to be a prolonged issue. It won't be until early April at the earliest until this starts to die down. By that point if you still play conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament you're looking at the NCAA tournament still going beyond the school year ending.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Really surprised they went with canceled and not suspended. But I guess they can't force the kids to stick around to play a prolonged season when things resume late spring/early summer.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

The WCHA just cancelled the rest of the playoffs.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php

Leave a comment:

• MTUHuskies
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    No need to interject actual facts when people are trying to criticize the officials for doing their jobs! [emoji23] [emoji1787] [emoji12]
    davyd83, were you privy to any facts the officials didn't see on the Tech goal called back for offside? What's your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockey
    replied

It is now officially been cancelled

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
    Every goals is automatically reviewd in the playoffs...no challenge needed
    No need to interject actual facts when people are trying to criticize the officials for doing their jobs! 😂 🤣 😜

Leave a comment:

Working...
X