• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
    FloSports: $150
    BTN+: $119.95
    NCHC TV: $112.95
    ESPN+: $49.99

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was cheaper but I don't think it's fair to compare it to ESPN+. The annual price should probably be more aligned with BTN+ and NCHC.tv, so put it at $115 or so.
    MLB.tv: $120
    NHL.tv: $145
    AHL.tv: $80

I feel the NCHC is overcharging when compared to AHLtv, and FloSports is just ridiculous.

I understand that I can watch more than just the WCHA on FloSports, but hiding the costs until halfway through signup, the rumored difficulty canceling, and the lack of features WCHAtv had, made it a hard pass for me.

I'll wait for CCHAtv, thankyouverymuch.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I feel the NCHC is overcharging when compared to AHLtv, and FloSports is just ridiculous.

I understand that I can watch more than just the WCHA on FloSports, but hiding the costs until halfway through signup, the rumored difficulty canceling, and the lack of features WCHAtv had, made it a hard pass for me.

I agree. The other thing is that services like ESPN+ and Flo can/should be able to charge less because of the sheer volume of subscribers. Since we are paying for the WCHA streaming, part of our subscription price also covers the cost of streaming cheer & dance. Or MMA. Or cycling. And fans of those sports are partly paying for our WCHA games. That makes the cost all the more frustrating.
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

I'd pay more for a college conference than AHL. It may be just me, but I think colleges have more loyal fan bases that are more likely to not be local.

A couple things I did like about WCHAtv was that you could rewind a game or start from the beginning any time while the game was live and you could also split screen and watch multiple games at once.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          I'd pay more for a college conference than AHL. It may be just me, but I think colleges have more loyal fan bases that are more likely to not be local.

A couple things I did like about WCHAtv was that you could rewind a game or start from the beginning any time while the game was live and you could also split screen and watch multiple games at once.

I just think the fact that the AHL can offer their service for $80 is the point. I'd pay $100ish. $150 is too much. Especially for what Flo provides

AHA:
          ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
            I just think the fact that the AHL can offer their service for $80 is the point. I'd pay $100ish. $150 is too much. Especially for what Flo provides
            I guess the product dictates the price. Sure the production leaves a little (lot) to be desired, but for only $149.99 you get almost all Michigan Tech games. But wait there's more... we will also throw in the rest of the WCHA teams absolutely FREE! That's a $1500 value for only $149.99. Don't wait - call now and we will also include valuable sports like geriatric hopscotch and the Nebraska Middle School Red Rover State Championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
              AHL offers rewind capability during games, export clips capability, and choice of home or away audio overlay. And each feed has a common graphics package (albeit limited) to keep continuity across the league.

Also, the AHL offers a sh**ton of options for various pricing. Every team, all season, including playoffs for $100, all teams no playoffs $80, one team all games $60, one team either home or away $40, all teams one month only $20, all teams one day only $8.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Here's my biggest issue as well: how much of a cut back is the WCHA getting from subscriptions? Is FloSports cutting a check to the WCHA that is better than the league providing the service themselves? I know the league was "pleasantly shocked" with how many people signed up over what they were expecting. Then they go and hand the reins off after building up some good will (yeah, yeah, Stretch Internet had it's own problems, but the handoff to Flo seemed awkward at best).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Maybe I should become a consultant specializing in college hockey video broadcasts.

Comment

Then they go and hand the reins off after building up some good will (yeah, yeah, Stretch Internet had it's own problems, but the handoff to Flo seemed awkward at best).
                    Built up good will? This may be holding a grudge, but someone dropped the ball by saying it would be free before the deal was finalized & I'm still bitter about that 6 & a half years later:

Although a deal is still in the proposal stage, the package, reportedly a service of Fox Sports, would offer free streaming of all games in high-definition over a variety of platforms, including computers, tablets and smartphones.
                    https://www.mankatofreepress.com/wch...41835cb8e.html

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                      Maybe I should become a consultant specializing in college hockey video broadcasts.
                      Too little too late. I'm sure Morris Kurtz beat you to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Too little too late. I'm sure Morris Kurtz beat you to it.

Well he might be a buffoon but he beat our league out of quite a bit of money.

I liked stretch and I don't see flo as an improvement unless the kick back is higher.
                        Honestly, 150 isn't that bad since I watch 5 to 6 games per weekend plus I watch some of the B1G games. It's what I do every weekend.

Second issue. I sincerely hope refs get critiqued by someone and get feedback on their performance because the reffing at our games this last weekend was questionable at best. And I'm trying really hard not to say things in a negative way. They not only called things as penalties that I could not see as penalties but they didn't call both teams evenly imho. If act A is a foul when we do it, then it's a foul when they do it also. But that wasn't how it went.

Early in the game they let a lot go and then, later on, they let nothing, not even the most minor thing, go. How do the players play if they don't know what's going to be called.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          Built up good will? This may be holding a grudge, but someone dropped the ball by saying it would be free before the deal was finalized & I'm still bitter about that 6 & a half years later:
                          Oooohh. Forgot about that. Logistically, as long as FSNorth could get the feeds to them, they could have pushed them out via the FoxSportsGo app.

Then again, FoxSportsGo is trash because FOX and now Sinclair refuse to support it properly. I still can't stream some FOX Sports feeds because they're "not in my TV package" despite my cable bill telling me differently.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Three open questions:

1. Will the topic title of this thread hold true? Bemidji's strong run to the end of the season (I hate everything) gives the WCHA a chance; a better one would happen if Bemidji beat Mankato in the title game. A first-round loss for either Minnesota school puts their at-large bid hopes in doubt.
                            2. Will Bob Daniels retire?
                            3. Will Mike Corbett be let go?

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Three open questions:

1. Will the topic title of this thread hold true? Bemidji's strong run to the end of the season (I hate everything) gives the WCHA a chance; a better one would happen if Bemidji beat Mankato in the title game. A first-round loss for either Minnesota school puts their at-large bid hopes in doubt.
                              2. Will Bob Daniels retire?
                              3. Will Mike Corbett be let go?

GFM
                              Yes, no and no. but if you ask it next year at this time, yes, yes, and yes.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I played with the Pairwise predictor over on another site, and if BSU loses to Lake Superior State in the first round, independent of any results for the rest of the year, they would be on the outside looking in.

And that would make Geof happy again!
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X