No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If Bemidji sweeps, they are co-champions and the #1 playoff seed.
    And I would hate everything.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Okay? I am aware. My point was that there shouldn't be co champions if BSU wins three of four head-to-head matchups.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
        Okay? I am aware. My point was that there shouldn't be co champions if BSU wins three of four head-to-head matchups.
        The team accumulating the most number of points in WCHA regular season League contests shall be the WCHA regular season champion.

If two (2) or more teams are tied for the WCHA regular season championship, they shall be considered co-champions. Seeding for the WCHA Postseason Tournament if two (2) or more teams have accumulated the same number of points shall be determined according to the following procedure:

a) If two (2) or more teams are tied, and all tied teams have played four (4) contests against one another, then the team with the highest accumulated points percentage from these head-to-head contests will be granted the higher seed.
        So they'd be co-champions at 68-68, but BSU would have the A tiebreaker and be the #1 seed. (I hate everything already.)

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Now that's a mighty big IF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Now that's a mighty big IF.
            Bemidji is the only team to beat Mankato twice this year, and the Beavers are playing at home.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

WCHA Standings heading into the final game:

1 Minnesota State 68
              2 Bemidji State 65
              3 Northern Michigan 47
              4 Alaska 46
              Bowling Green 46
              6 Michigan Tech 44
              7 Lake Superior State 38
              8 Alaska Anchorage 21
              9 Ferris State 17
              10 Alabama Huntsville 13

All we really know right now is that Mankato and Bemidji will be hosting Lake Superior State and Anchorage. Lake Superior is locked in at 7 and Anchorage is locked in at 8.
              Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

• Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
                That doesn't make sense. Sure, you have a better record against Mankato than Mankato has against you, but you also have a worse record against everyone else than they do.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Big win! It's too bad there isn't a tiebreaker for the MacNaughton. If the Beavers pull out three points tomorrow night, that means in the four countable WCHA matchups, the Beavers would have won three. To me, that should be enough to be outright champs. If they split, I understand that, but there should be a head-to-head tiebreaker imo.
                  Winning the Cup is strictly a pts total, but BSU would get the #1 playoff seed with a win tonight.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    That doesn't make sense. Sure, you have a better record against Mankato than Mankato has against you, but you also have a worse record against everyone else than they do.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being co-champions...jeez. #1 seed is all that matters.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Back on post 376, it mentioned the possibility of both teams being tied with points. Much as I would hate to see that, it is now a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          I was thinking last night... how interesting/weird/cool would it be for MSU / BSU to end the regular season tied in points since they play each other the final weekend? Two teams awarded the MacNaughton Cup at the same game as co-champs... What a group photo opportunity.
                          Don't forget the possible two-team group photo opp.

Comment

I've been thinking about how teams hold on to a 1 goal lead and to me if you just defend, you are eventually going to get beat. So the key is to forecheck so well that the other team gets nothing going. Huntsville sat back last night with the lead and they got burned. NMU did not tonight and it worked out, ( luckily) for them.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Now you don't have to fret about it.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Playoffs are set

Anchorage at Mankato
                                Bowling Green at Alaska
                                Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan
                                Lake Superior State at Bemidji
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X