No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Would you ever consider interviewing the opposing coach? Would they accept?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
      I’m more curious what was said for two separate UAH players to earn 10-minute misconduct penalties. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team meltdown like that in a period.
      That usually happens when you direct an f-bomb at the refs.

Comment

90 minutes is probably too long for a one-team college hockey podcast.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          90 minutes is probably too long for a one-team college hockey podcast.

GFM
          I'm saying if we keep getting to 90 minutes of recording between interviewing someone like Matt Wellens I will think of cutting it into an WCHA segment and an MTU segment. Last week the unedited recording was about 90 minutes
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Would you ever consider interviewing the opposing coach? Would they accept?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            I will certainly try...probably with Damon Whitten first since I know him...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

We're recording episode 4 of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast tonight, any questions about MTU or the WCHA? We'll be joined by Drew Evans from BGSUHockey.com tonight, so if you have anything for him let us know that too! Please send your questions to ChasingMac@TechHockeyGuide.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Has anyone where that is not a Tech fan listened to any of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast yet?
                I was wondering what the non-MTU fans think of it so far. As we get more comfortable in what we're doing we're trying to expand into more WCHA and less MTU focused discussions.
                I listened to episodes two and three and enjoyed having the "third mic" for a portion if it being a guest from around the league / region. Matt Wellens was able to provide some good insight, and the banter was relevant. Same with UAF.

When it's more Tech centric, it flowed well so far for being a "new" podcast. I appreciate the insight that you guys have provided so far. It's quickly got a vibe of "sitting and talking hockey with some good friends." The rapport you have with each other already helps make it feel comfortable, and there wasn't any (or very, very few) "inside" jokes that makes things weird.

I initially just wanted to catch some segments from the second and third episodes (like realignment, NMU recap) (really appreciate the breakdown of approximately when each segment "starts"!!), but found myself just letting the audio run after that that.

It's not appointment radio, but I added you to my Google Podcasts app so I can pick and choose when to grab an episode.

Probably not the glowing review you're holding for, but in summary: It was good, had a good mix of MTU based talk along with league information. Will tune in again.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I listened to episodes two and three and enjoyed having the "third mic" for a portion if it being a guest from around the league / region. Matt Wellens was able to provide some good insight, and the banter was relevant. Same with UAF.

When it's more Tech centric, it flowed well so far for being a "new" podcast. I appreciate the insight that you guys have provided so far. It's quickly got a vibe of "sitting and talking hockey with some good friends." The rapport you have with each other already helps make it feel comfortable, and there wasn't any (or very, very few) "inside" jokes that makes things weird.

I initially just wanted to catch some segments from the second and third episodes (like realignment, NMU recap) (really appreciate the breakdown of approximately when each segment "starts"!!), but found myself just letting the audio run after that that.

It's not appointment radio, but I added you to my Google Podcasts app so I can pick and choose when to grab an episode.

Probably not the glowing review you're holding for, but in summary: It was good, had a good mix of MTU based talk along with league information. Will tune in again.
                  Thats all I can ask for a non-MTU fan at this point. I appreciate it. I honestly think its pretty glowing for you to say you just let it go even though you only intended to listen to the WCHA focused stuff.
                  If I can keep it going, I hope to have a guest with a different perspective each week or most weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    very funny...maybe, most weeks we seem to have enough content. I've thought about about doing something like that and maybe it will come as content grows
                    I do like having a guest like Matt or someone following another WCHA team like Geof or Shane Frederick...we shall see how it goes. If we start recording 90 minutes consistently I might try to split it up.
                    I’ve done some podcasting/broadcasting and could help with a few minutes of additional content/guests, if needed.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Like Shirtless Guy said... I appreciate the feedback as well! While it's always going to have a Tech perspective, we really do want to make it appeal to the WCHA as a whole.

Any comments on the content or production quality are welcome as we're all pretty new to this!
                      Last edited by stuckinwi; 12-09-2019, 01:56 PM.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

IF you're going to segment, you should use chapter markers.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Has anyone where that is not a Tech fan listened to any of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast yet?
                          I was wondering what the non-MTU fans think of it so far. As we get more comfortable in what we're doing we're trying to expand into more WCHA and less MTU focused discussions.
                          I just listened to the Donnybrook episode and enjoyed it. Having the perspective from other teams really helps.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            IF you're going to segment, you should use chapter markers.

GFM
                            It works that way on the anchor site...I'm not sure about the rest of the places that get it from the anchor RSS feed...

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                              Like Shirtless Guy said... I appreciate the feedback as well! While it's always going to have a Tech perspective, we really do want to make it appeal to the WCHA as a whole.

Any comments on the content or production quality are welcome as we're all pretty new to this!
                              Like THN, it’s quite informative. It’s a good source of information and is a nice addition to the resources for fans!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                It works that way on the anchor site...I'm not sure about the rest of the places that get it from the anchor RSS feed...
                                Hopefully you graduate off of Anchor and onto Libsyn soon.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X