No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    If they could get more teams and teams in the west, and reduce the number of conference games also, it would lower the pain for the eastern teams and make the travel easier to deal with. Good decision if they can make it happen.
    True. Sounds like there may be some competitive D3 teams who may want to go up to D1 in hockey.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      True. Sounds like there may be some competitive D3 teams who may want to go up to D1 in hockey.
      Any idea who?

The only D3 I heard of possibly moving up is St Thomas in Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
        Any idea who?

St Thomas will move to D-I if they can get a waiver from the NCAA to bypass the transition period due to them being voted out of their D-III conference. They already have an invite to join the Summit League, they would just need a home for football and hockey.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          St Thomas will move to D-I if they can get a waiver from the NCAA to bypass the transition period due to them being voted out of their D-III conference. They already have an invite to join the Summit League, they would just need a home for football and hockey.
          might only be hockey as St Thomas would make 6 schools that sponsor college football so there could be a Summit League conference for Football if they get their waiver.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
            Any idea who?

Unfortunately, no. He wouldn't give any hints.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              The UAA Athletic Director was interviewed on Saturday night and it sure sounds like they are working on things behind the scenes to add teams to the WCHA. There probably wouldn't be 10 teams however. He didn't really go into much detail, although Haider was trying to get info from him.
              Conversations are happening. We’ll see how things shake out. That said, I was surprised by UAH’s decision.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Unfortunately, no. He wouldn't give any hints.
                Unfortunately, for any D-III program to move up, it is a 12 year transition period right now. The school would need to make a stop at the D-II level for six years and then serve a six year probation period at D-I before becoming D-I eligible. This is why St. Thomas is trying to get a waiver from the NCAA.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  Unfortunately, for any D-III program to move up, it is a 12 year transition period right now. The school would need to make a stop at the D-II level for six years and then serve a six year probation period at D-I before becoming D-I eligible. This is why St. Thomas is trying to get a waiver from the NCAA.
                  I'm not sure any hockey school can be stopped from playing D1 immediately when moving up to D2 for everything else...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I'm not sure any hockey school can be stopped from playing D1 immediately when moving up to D2 for everything else...
                    You may be right on that one. I guess I was thinking more "whole athletic department" but forgot the no D-II Championship loophole.
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

WCHA got a result last night from UAA as they tie UNO...nice job by the Seawolves to fight back and get the "point."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        WCHA got a result last night from UAA as they tie UNO...nice job by the Seawolves to fight back and get the "point."
                        I watched the first game Thursday night and UAA played very well and if not for penalties could have won.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            haha, hilarious, this gif got blocked by my work filter...

Comment

Tech falls to North Dakota 3-1.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

2019-2020 WCHA Non-Conference Schedule
                                -3 AHA Games 2-1-0
                                -11-12 Big10 Games 2-6-0
                                -5 ECAC Games 1-0-0
                                -8 Hockey East Games 3-4-1
                                -28-29 NCHC Games 5-12-4
                                -6 Independent Games 2-0-0
                                -0-2 Interleague games (not included in WCHA non-conference record)
                                -4 Exhibitions (not included in WCHA or team record)
                                TOTAL: 15-23-5 0.407 (72 possible games)

ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-4-0)
                                -at Mass-Lowell L 1-5, L 1-3
                                -at Nebraska-Omaha L 1-6, L 0-5
                                -at North Dakota (2)

ALASKA (1-3-0)
                                -Denver L 3-4, L 0-3
                                -at Penn State L 0-7, W 4-0
                                -Arizona State (2)

​​​​​​​ALASKA-ANCHORAGE (0-3-1)
                                -at Maine L 1-7, L 1-2 (OT)
                                -Nebraska-Omaha L 3-4, T 3-3
                                -at Arizona State (2)

BEMIDJI STATE (0-2-2)
                                -St. Cloud State T 4-4, T 2-2
                                -at North Dakota L 1-2 OT, L 1-4
                                -vs. Minnesota (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)
                                -vs. Minnesota State/St. Cloud State (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)

BOWLING GREEN (3-2-0)
                                -at Miami W 7-4
                                -vs. RIT (Icebreaker Tournament, Toledo, OH) L 2-3 (OT)
                                -vs Western Michigan (Icebreaker Tournament, Toledo, OH) L 2-5
                                -Western Michigan W 2-1
                                -at Western Michigan W 2-1 (OT)
                                -Notre Dame
                                -at Notre Dame
                                -Miami

FERRIS STATE (2-1-0)
                                -Waterloo (EXH) T 2-2
                                -USNTDP (EXH) W 5-0
                                -Colgate W 3-1
                                -at Miami L 3-4, W 3-1
                                -Western Michigan
                                -at Western Michigan
                                -vs. Michigan (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                                -vs. Michigan Tech/Michigan State (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (2-6-0)
                                -Merrimack W 6-2, W 4-3
                                -Denver L 3-1, L 4-3
                                -at Michigan L 0-4, L 3-4
                                -at Notre Dame L 2-5, L 4-6

MICHIGAN TECH (2-1-0)
                                -at Robert Morris W 2-1 (OT), W 7-0
                                -at North Dakota (Hall of Fame Game) L 1-3
                                -Clarkson (2)
                                -vs. Michigan State (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                                -vs. Ferris State/Michigan (Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI)
                                -at Arizona State (2)

MINNESOTA STATE (3-0-1)
                                -Mount Royal (EXH) W 5-2
                                -Arizona State W 4-1, W 5-0
                                -North Dakota T 4-4, W 2-1
                                -at Minnesota-Duluth (2)
                                -vs. St. Cloud State (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)
                                -vs. Bemidji State/Minnesota (Mariucci Classic, Minneapolis, MN)

NORTHERN MICHIGAN (2-1-1)
                                -at USNTDP (EXH) W 4-3
                                -Michigan State L 3-5, W 2-0
                                -at Boston University T 4-4, W 4-3
                                -St. Cloud State (2)
                                -at Cornell (2)
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X