Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

    Friday Night Scores

    Mankato 8, Anchorage 1
    Bemidji 2, Lake State 0
    Tech 4, Northern 1
    Bowling Green and Alaska tied at 0 in the first.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

    Comment


    • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

      Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      Friday Night Scores

      Mankato 8, Anchorage 1
      Bemidji 2, Lake State 0
      Tech 4, Northern 1
      Bowling Green and Alaska tied at 0 in the first.
      2 upsets brewing after Friday night with MTU and BGSU winning on the road.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

      Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

      Comment


      • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

        Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        2 upsets brewing after Friday night with MTU and BGSU winning on the road.
        Can either one really be called an upset? With 3-6 being so close this year, I would not be surprised by any of the four beating any of the other three. Home or away.

        Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Can either one really be called an upset? With 3-6 being so close this year, I would not be surprised by any of the four beating any of the other three. Home or away.

          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Agreed. The fight for the last couple home ice sports were so tight.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

          Live Radio from 100.3

          Comment


          • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

            Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Can either one really be called an upset? With 3-6 being so close this year, I would not be surprised by any of the four beating any of the other three. Home or away.

            Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            while that is true, I think the WCHA has only ever had 1 road team win a series and that was MTU 2 years ago...and they did it twice...so its still an upset, even if they're mild ones.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

            Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              while that is true, I think the WCHA has only ever had 1 road team win a series and that was MTU 2 years ago...and they did it twice...so its still an upset, even if they're mild ones.
              Hmmm I do believe BG went to Northern last year for the semi finals and sweep them. So no tech isn’t the only one to win a series on the road.

              Comment


              • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                Originally posted by BgHockey05 View Post
                Hmmm I do believe BG went to Northern last year for the semi finals and sweep them. So no tech isn’t the only one to win a series on the road.
                sorry, I was quickly judging things and knew there weren't any upsets in the 1st round last year. Still the only team to win as a 5-8 seed.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                Comment


                • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                  Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  sorry, I was quickly judging things and knew there weren't any upsets in the 1st round last year. Still the only team to win as a 5-8 seed.
                  Also a #4 seed Bowling Green team beat the #1 seed Bemidji State in two games a few years ago.

                  Comment


                  • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    while that is true, I think the WCHA has only ever had 1 road team win a series and that was MTU 2 years ago...and they did it twice...so its still an upset, even if they're mild ones.
                    You know the WCHA is more than 7 years old, right? ****, I'd think you would have remembered the Tech over CC 10 beating the 1 back in '94 that kept the Tigers out of the NCAA's and necessitated the rules change for autobids...
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

                    AHA:
                    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

                    Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

                    Comment


                    • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                      Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      while that is true, I think the WCHA has only ever had 1 road team win a series and that was MTU 2 years ago...and they did it twice...so its still an upset, even if they're mild ones.
                      The only Tech upset this year would be winning at the Mac [emoji1787]

                      Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                        Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        You know the WCHA is more than 7 years old, right? ****, I'd think you would have remembered the Tech over CC 10 beating the 1 back in '94 that kept the Tigers out of the NCAA's and necessitated the rules change for autobids...
                        Why do you seem to have an attitude lately? Nothing before the reshuffling really matters. You can count it all you want but I focus on the reality that the nWCHA is nothing like the previous edition. Pardon me for not making that perfectly clear in my post that I was talking post realignment. Honesty I don’t know why you fee the need to argue this point. It’s not really relevant.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                        Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                        Comment


                        • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                          Is it just me or are the refs getting worse and not better during the playoffs. I'm pretty sure Fairbanks is unhappy with how things went last night and I know Tech is unhappy.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                          It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Is it just me or are the refs getting worse and not better during the playoffs. I'm pretty sure Fairbanks is unhappy with how things went last night and I know Tech is unhappy.
                            I’m annoyed with them reviewing obvious goals when coaches desperately try anything to get a goal not to count. Replay was intended to see if a puck crossed the goal line instead of all the nonsense that exists now.

                            Comment


                            • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                              Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                              I’m annoyed with them reviewing obvious goals when coaches desperately try anything to get a goal not to count.
                              I'm sure this is why there is a limit of one coach's challenge. They don't have to use it on a close play. Sometimes after a key goal, the coach just wants a timeout, but you might as well make the challenge because who knows what the refs might see or think once they start looking. Worst case, you get the time out you wanted anyway. Best case, you still get the time out, and you might get a game changing call to go your way out of blind luck (and you get your time out back).
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

                              Comment


                              • Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

                                Every goals is automatically reviewd in the playoffs...no challenge needed

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X