No announcement yet.

Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't either. The second hockey gets shutdown those guys will be looking for somewhere to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post

I get this, but Beniers would have had a full ride at any school when he went through the recruiting process and still selected Harvard (so my sense is that this was not a huge driver of his choice). I wish him the best, but the decision seems very short-sighted given that Michigan does not appear to be playing hockey (I would have expected Beniers to go to the USHL - Chicago - or play in Europe if he wanted guaranteed hockey).
      I agree. I thought Harvard was an odd choice to begin with since he is expected to be a 1st round pick and given the track records of first round picks they usually do a year of college then hit the road so why bother with Harvard for one season and just go to a more prominent program that is less academically challenge and more hockey centric. I assume it was a gamble since he knew Harvard isn't playing or practicing at all until Jan. Michigan may still play so at least there is a chance. If Michigan postpones then many USHL becomes a last ditch option? With all these situations so fluid its a tough spot to be in for sure.

Comment

• Man have you guys gotten hammered by the COVID uncertainty. It is a major shame considering the Crimson were shaping up to be one of the most offensively exciting teams in Division I this coming year. I hope it is not a harbinger of things to come for other top programs.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Jack Bar to the BCHL. Is it safe to say you guys won't be playing this season?
          Mark Divver
          @MarkDivver
          ·
          19h
          Correction/clarification: Bar not allowed to enter U.S. because of student visa issue. That's reason he won't be at Harvard this fall, I'm told. He is expected to matriculate at Harvard in January or next fall. Until then, Penticton
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Some good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              Man have you guys gotten hammered by the COVID uncertainty. It is a major shame considering the Crimson were shaping up to be one of the most offensively exciting teams in Division I this coming year. I hope it is not a harbinger of things to come for other top programs.
              It's tough no doubt. But the health and safety of the student body while attempting to deliver a quality educational experience should be Priority #1. It may take years to recover but eventually, we will rebuild the program.
              Last edited by Skate79; 08-18-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                As of right now, three of the P5 leagues are still playing football. As well as some of the group of 5 leagues. I have no idea if it ends up happening or not but they're still on to give it a shot. And if you're so sure that BC isn't playing hockey this year, why haven't Knight, Boldy and Newhook signed? And why would Kuntar flip to BC? Hockey East seems committed to try and get a league season in at some point.
                Even if no fans are allowed I would be content to watch on TV but as of now, no refunds yet for my football and hockey tickets
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Okay so it's been a miserable time for all of us. Hockey aside, I hope that everyone is safe and healthy including your families. Thought I would post an update regarding the only Harvard hockey players who are hitting the ice this year - in the NHL.

1. Jimmy Vesey and Alexander Kerfoot are lacing 'em up for the Maple Leafs. I saw a game last month where both were on the same line briefly. Brought back memories of '14-'15 season. Too bad the Leafs did not go out and get Kyle Criscuolo to complete the trio.
                  2. Harvard hockey made some history last night when Colin Blackwell tipped home an Adam Fox slapshot from the point on the PP for the Rangers against the Bruins. As far as I can tell, it is the first time that a pair of former Harvard players figured in a National Hockey League goal. Would have to check the Maple Leafs box scores to confirm if Vesey and Kerfoot have combined on a score. Fox is playing some stellar hockey for the Blueshirts and Blackwell is getting a second chance after being dumped by the Preds.
                  3. Speaking of the Preds, Sean Malone is suiting up and playing third line center for Nashville.
                  4. The oldest Harvard hockey player still playing in the NHL is Alex Biega with Detroit.
                  5. John Marino is getting heavy minutes with the Penguins and looks like he is totally comfortable out there. Helps to have Crosby, Malkin and company as your teammates no doubt!
                  6. Ryan Donato got traded to the San Jose Sharks and here's hoping that he finds his game in the Valley.

And from the broadcast booth, Tripp Tracy is doing color commentary for the Hurricanes, Dom Moore is a studio host with NBC as is Jen Botterill with CBC in Canada. And AJ Mleczko is doing some color commentary for NBCSN and for the Islanders.

Comment

• Technically some HU players are skating but for Michigan and BC

Hopefully this pandemic ends so Harvard can recover eventually

I am hopeful with J & J now approved to manufacture a third vaccine to improve the availability for the population

I just got on the list for Gillette for the moderna vaccine which requires two vaccinations

peace and prayers for everyone
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• I am really missing being in the stands at this time of year. I went back and went through some photos I took on March 6 2020 versus St. Lawrence. If you want to look at a slide show: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUHGV5P

Toward the end, Austin Wong trips, but manages to pass it across ice and it resulted in a goal. I wonder how he's playing. Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                      X