X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

This guy seems to think it's a done deal:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020...ury-necas.html
    Well that stinks. We're pretty much destined for a subpar season if we have one at all. Teddy must be losing his mind. Is Reilly Walsh next?

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Rathbone signs with the Canucks.
      Rathbone, Badini, Drury, Kuntar. If the outflow continues, we'll have a difficult time fielding a decent team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

Hockey East announced yesterday that they will be going forward with hockey for both men and women. In conference only with a few regional non-conference games. Travel is a big part of their decision which rules out playing teams from the West.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/...-season-slate/
        Hokey East has always been better at marketing than the ECAC.

Comment

Rathbone, Badini, Drury, Kuntar. If the outflow continues, we'll have a difficult time fielding a decent team.
          Mark Divver
          @MarkDivver
          ·
          2h
          Hearing lots of buzz that '02 F Matt Beniers of NTDP will switch his NCAA choice to Michigan from Harvard. He's a possible NHL 1st rounder in 2021
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• From the Boston Globe today. Bowlby joins the opt outs. We may trouble fielding a team if this keeps up.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/...pro-contracts/

Comment

From the Boston Globe today. Bowlby joins the opt outs. We may trouble fielding a team if this keeps up.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/...pro-contracts/
              Reilly Walsh signed pro contract...gone are Rathbone, Bowlby, Drury, Walsh and also lost Kuntar and Beniers. This is an absolute hammering to the Crimson hockey program. I honestly feel bad for Donato at this point. Even when they can play again this is going to affect that program for years. Will they even be competitive at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Reilly Walsh signed pro contract...gone are Rathbone, Bowlby, Drury, Walsh and also lost Kuntar and Beniers. This is an absolute hammering to the Crimson hockey program. I honestly feel bad for Donato at this point. Even when they can play again this is going to affect that program for years. Will they even be competitive at this point?
                The Ivies are just way ahead of the curve. Pick the best juniors across NCAA hockey snd most will soon depart. College hockey in 2020 is a farce!

Comment

• Jack Bar to the BCHL. Is it safe to say you guys won't be playing this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Jack Bar to the BCHL. Is it safe to say you guys won't be playing this season?
                    BC isn’t playing either. Beniers trades a Harvard education so he can “practice” in Ann Arbor? Total joke!

Now that the incentive misalignment of NCAA is trueing up with football no longer, all other sports will soon follow suit.

Comment

• As of right now, three of the P5 leagues are still playing football. As well as some of the group of 5 leagues. I have no idea if it ends up happening or not but they're still on to give it a shot. And if you're so sure that BC isn't playing hockey this year, why haven't Knight, Boldy and Newhook signed? And why would Kuntar flip to BC? Hockey East seems committed to try and get a league season in at some point.

Comment

As of right now, three of the P5 leagues are still playing football. As well as some of the group of 5 leagues. I have no idea if it ends up happening or not but they're still on to give it a shot. And if you're so sure that BC isn't playing hockey this year, why haven't Knight, Boldy and Newhook signed? And why would Kuntar flip to BC? Hockey East seems committed to try and get a league season in at some point.
                        Kuntar went to BC because of $$$ thanks to Reynolds going MJ. Nothing to do with Covid.

If you think those 3 aren’t at risk to sign, you are crazy. Ivies were ahead of this, but other colleges will catch up and guys will go to Europe or sign. I will be shocked if those 3 guys are all at BC in 4 months time.

These guys are holding out hope, but once the chips fall and there is no hockey, these guys will all explore alternatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post

BC isn’t playing either. Beniers trades a Harvard education so he can “practice” in Ann Arbor? Total joke!

Now that the incentive misalignment of NCAA is trueing up with football no longer, all other sports will soon follow suit.
                          Beniers also traded a $65,000 tuition bill for a $65,000 free tuition at Michigan.....not sure a Harvard online education is worth that much right now. It does seem a bit premature as now it appears that Michigan cant practice or play hockey at this point either but still a swing of $130,000 is smart. If Beniers is a 1st round pick as many predict he wasnt staying at Harvard long anyways. At this point I am not even sure Harvard can field a hockey team that can play at the D1 level.

Comment

• Of course those guys are a "risk" to sign. But they haven't yet I assume because Hockey East will try to play. There's simply no way of knowing if your plan can work unless you actually try it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Beniers also traded a $65,000 tuition bill for a $65,000 free tuition at Michigan.....not sure a Harvard online education is worth that much right now. It does seem a bit premature as now it appears that Michigan cant practice or play hockey at this point either but still a swing of $130,000 is smart. If Beniers is a 1st round pick as many predict he wasnt staying at Harvard long anyways. At this point I am not even sure Harvard can field a hockey team that can play at the D1 level.
                              I get this, but Beniers would have had a full ride at any school when he went through the recruiting process and still selected Harvard (so my sense is that this was not a huge driver of his choice). I wish him the best, but the decision seems very short-sighted given that Michigan does not appear to be playing hockey (I would have expected Beniers to go to the USHL - Chicago - or play in Europe if he wanted guaranteed hockey).

Comment

Of course those guys are a "risk" to sign. But they haven't yet I assume because Hockey East will try to play. There's simply no way of knowing if your plan can work unless you actually try it.
                                I just don't think it is going to happen (I don't think BC is playing football either). I hope that I am wrong. But if there is no hockey, I don't expect Newhook and Knight to stick around.

Comment

Working...
                                X