No announcement yet.

Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This from the Boston Globe. Looks like we won't be seeing the Crimson lace 'em up this season.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/...l-return-fall/

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      This from the Boston Globe. Looks like we won't be seeing the Crimson lace 'em up this season.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/...l-return-fall/
      The article you cite does not mention fall sports. Are you are assuming that the reduced on campus population will make fall sports impossible?
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        The article you cite does not mention fall sports. Are you are assuming that the reduced on campus population will make fall sports impossible?
        Just saw on the local news that the Ivy League will be making an announcement on fall sports later today.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post

Love the class. Be interesting to see how they juggle the D as well as the back end forwards. Could a few guys be sitting next year who started this year? Bar and Fusco won’t want to sit and no way Farrell, Beniers, Kuntar, and Laferriere do not start.
          Kuntar just transferred to BC and I would expect a few other players to jump ship if the Ivy League cancels the hockey season. Stinks.

Comment

• For Harvard

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I would expect a few other players to jump ship if the Ivy League cancels the hockey season.
              Well that, and being deported.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Just saw on the local news that the Ivy League will be making an announcement on fall sports later today.
                No fall sports. Decision on winter sports to be made later.

My guess is we won’t see ECAC hockey until fall of ‘21 at the earliest.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• For what is worth Harvard just pushed out a memo on athletics in the Fall/Winter seasons. It included a link to a FAQ page on what will be happening about attendance, eligibility etc. The combination of NCAA and Ivy rules makes things a bit complex:
                  https://gocrimson.com/news/2020/7/8/...fall-2020.aspx

One concern I have is what will happen with recruited athletes. If someone is committed to and accepted by Harvard and faces a year without hockey what will they decide. I suspect recruits who are high NHL draft pics might not want to spend a year with no hockey at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    For what is worth Harvard just pushed out a memo on athletics in the Fall/Winter seasons. It included a link to a FAQ page on what will be happening about attendance, eligibility etc. The combination of NCAA and Ivy rules makes things a bit complex:
                    https://gocrimson.com/news/2020/7/8/...fall-2020.aspx

One concern I have is what will happen with recruited athletes. If someone is committed to and accepted by Harvard and faces a year without hockey what will they decide. I suspect recruits who are high NHL draft pics might not want to spend a year with no hockey at all.
                    I don’t think BC is playing hockey either in the fall. Kuntar switching was about $ (BC lost 2 full scholly players), not hockey ambiguity.

i think a more realistic outcome is deferment as opposed to playing elsewhere.
                    Last edited by bothman; 07-09-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Rathbone signs with the Canucks.

Comment

• eliteprospects page under RUMORS is showing Drury heading overseas
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          eliteprospects page under RUMORS is showing Drury heading overseas
                          This guy seems to think it's a done deal:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020...ury-necas.html

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

This guy seems to think it's a done deal:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020...ury-necas.html
                            I saw that earlier as Corey Pronman had re-Tweeted Svennson’s Tweet. I translated that Tweet & he sounds pretty confident it’s a done deal. Thanks for the Link though Mom because I didn’t realize he was a hockey writer from Sweden which was why I didn’t refer to him.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post

Yes. Harvard is not bringing back the football team just so we can play you guys in November. At this point, it looks like winter sports may be in trouble as well. Massachusetts has had an uptick in cases in the past two weeks. We're not even close to the flu season yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post

I don’t think BC is playing hockey either in the fall. Kuntar switching was about $ (BC lost 2 full scholly players), not hockey ambiguity.

i think a more realistic outcome is deferment as opposed to playing elsewhere.
                                Hockey East announced yesterday that they will be going forward with hockey for both men and women. In conference only with a few regional non-conference games. Travel is a big part of their decision which rules out playing teams from the West.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/...-season-slate/

Comment

Working...
                                X