Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I’ll say for this series the same thing I will say for every series this season: If UAA wins a game I’ll be surprised.
    But ... ponies!

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
        Agreed.... I agree that the key for UAF is to play with a lead against UAA. I think they can shut down UAA's offense.
        I'm not sure they have an offense.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          I'm not sure they have an offense.
          Stop ripping on your teammmmm it makes it less fun for us!

Comment

Darn, don't wanna make anything fun for you. Ok, here ya go.

UAF has won most of the Governor's Cups for the past decade, but I just looked at the win/losses between these two schools. The UAA website would only let me go back to the 06-07 season, but UAA won 20 games to UA_'s 24, and there were three ties. That's not really dominance when you look at the overall picture. But the last few years the Nanooks sure have had the Seawolves number. I don't see that changing this season.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well the green and gold looked better than I thought they would. Very impressed with St Onge and Wicks!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The only goal UAA scored was a giveaway. Aside from one opportunity on a defensive breakdown while killing a penalty and that center ice gaffe that have a dude a breakaway, UAA couldn't generate anything offensively.

Nooks played well enough to win but after they got the lead they were more interested in preserving it than building on it. Too passive in the 3rd period.

Also I think UAA needs a puck freezer.
                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

For anyone at the game, how would you rate the overall game day experience? Did they have anything for speakers where you could actually hear the PA Announcer and music? Was there anything available for food besides popcorn and hotdogs?

Comment

Nanooks cannot just keep holding on in the third period when they have a lead. Same thing happened at Michigan Tech, and one of these times they won’t be able to hold on long enough. We need more offense in second half like we did Friday at Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
                      For anyone at the game, how would you rate the overall game day experience? Did they have anything for speakers where you could actually hear the PA Announcer and music? Was there anything available for food besides popcorn and hotdogs?
                      Experience was terrible. It was cold, the speakers they have at the end of section E basically deafen anyone nearby it but it can’t be heard towards the earlier sections in A/B/C apparently, seating is uncomfortable and the netting made it difficult to see play. Didn’t attempt to get any food so can’t speak on that aspect but yeah I wasn’t impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        Experience was terrible. It was cold, the speakers they have at the end of section E basically deafen anyone nearby it but it can’t be heard towards the earlier sections in A/B/C apparently, seating is uncomfortable and the netting made it difficult to see play. Didn’t attempt to get any food so can’t speak on that aspect but yeah I wasn’t impressed.
                        That netting looked terrible on the stream too...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          The seam of the net and the top of the glass is in the sightlines of most every seat for a lot of the ice. It's pretty bad.
                          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Totally agree! It made for very poor viewing. Almost looked blurry.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                              Nanooks cannot just keep holding on in the third period when they have a lead. Same thing happened at Michigan Tech, and one of these times they won’t be able to hold on long enough. We need more offense in second half like we did Friday at Penn State.
                              I thought UAA pretty much controlled play the last half of the third period. Shots were pretty much even by then, but they were outshot badly in the first.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Absolutely embarrassing that with an entire offseason they couldn’t at least get some speakers that are arena quality to put in the ceiling. Alaska is always an example of how to do everything the worst way possible for sports events. Just unconscionable how ridiculous some of the decisions are. It’s like, do the people at UAA realize this isn’t at mites tournament? You can’t operate a NCAA D1 hockey game like that. There’s no hope for these people.

Comment

Working...
                                X